Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Giant w/ Micro Monster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 AM
nownnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Giant w/ Micro Monster

Hello there. I just bought a Trinity Micro Monster "Wild" motor for my Mini Giant. It works fine and runs much faster; but the motor, ESC, and battery heats up WAY too much after a run. The truck's run-time is also very short. Is it that I am running with the wrong motor so I'm actually ruining the truck?

Maybe I should get a Venom Fireball 370 motor? or the Mamba? Suggestions please.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Benthehen

Default RE: Mini Giant w/ Micro Monster

Im thinkin that you shuold get the fireball from venom. the trinity is probly pulling too much current. if your talkin about the brushless mamba,your also gonna have to upgrade all the electronics. oh yeah-if im lucky, the lhs is gonna get bought out of a complete set of hopups for my mini giant

Benthehen
Old 05-14-2004, 07:13 PM
nownnew

Yeah, I think I'll get the Fireball then. But now, the truck is probably ruined from all the heat. [:@]
Old 05-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Benthehen

no, i dont think therell be any heat damage. but if ya want to wait till about noon on friday, i can tell if im gettin on or not, then i can tell you wat i think.

[>:]if im real lucky i might get all the hopups from venom[>:]

Benthehen
Old 05-15-2004, 03:24 AM
nownnew

I re-soldered on the stock 280N motor. That will take care of the heat and the run-time. I will also get some hop-ups for the Mini Giant when they come out. Since I now have the extra motor, aluminum pinions, heat sink spacer, and a body, I will buy a Losi Mini-T. Any suggestions for hop-up parts?