Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini z monster

Old 05-18-2004, 05:06 PM
millroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini z monster

i am going to buy a mini z onster but had some questions first, like what do they foam inserts for the tires do and are they worth it? also what hop ups should i buy right away for indoor use? also does any1 know of anywhere that has them for less than 140? thanks any other info would be great too
Old 05-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mini z monster

Have you read this thread?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Kyos...1669544/tm.htm
Old 05-18-2004, 07:48 PM
millroy

yea just checked it again too didnt see the answer to my questions though, thanks anyway
Old 05-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Here, I'll make it simplier for you even though it is "all" in that thread.

Rechargeable batteries
Xspeed Motor
Shocks
ebay

Regarding the inserts, it depends on what type of surface you want to run on. You may also want to purchase bearings.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:12 PM
millroy

thanks but it would have been better if you were less of a dick about it
Old 05-19-2004, 03:20 AM
BovineD

Hey Millroy listem to Tigger. He is the man when it comes to quality Z info. He may just get cranky sometimes because his cats probably are chewing on his Z antennas and RCP track peices

Seriously though millroy the Monsters come with no inserts in the wheels so if you squeeze them they get to the rims pretty quickly and if you plan on taking big jumps on hard surfaces like cement or taking 6 foot jumps from the table to the ground then you should definitely get those.

As for hopups take it from me as I just got my Monster this weekend: GET the 40th anniversary edition from e Bay or a well resepected miniz site. The price you pay is much lower then what you get then if you boght a stock Monster and then got the necessary hopups that you need which the 40th anniversary edition already comes with including:

full set of ball bearings installed
set of front and rear OIL shocks
Xspeed Motor
Blue wheels nuts
full spring sets for all shocks
and nice shiny chrome pieces, front guard and wheelie bar

Trust me when I say you would be buying al these things anyways so you might as well save 70~80 bucks. Its a steal at 200 shipped.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: BovineD
Hey Millroy listem to Tigger. He is the man when it comes to quality Z info. He may just get cranky sometimes because his cats probably are chewing on his Z antennas and RCP track peices
Yes, I can get real cranky. I also just ordered the off-road expansion pack too and I'm just wondering how the cats will like the feel of that surface. I know they love the RCP track, but don't like the internal antennas.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:20 PM
millroy

ok i ordered the 40th anniversary thanks everyone
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Which Anniversary Edition? The Chrome, Type 1, or Type 2? The chrome version has a chrome body of course, but the other two anniversary editiions have the respective type 1 or type 2 MMT bodies with gold wheels and all the hop ups like the chrome anniversary edition. I've noticed ebay has the chrome version for around $164 plus shipping, but the other anniversary editions are "now" currently available for $199 including shipping.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:33 AM
BovineD

Yes, I can get real cranky. I also just ordered the off-road expansion pack too and I'm just wondering how the cats will like the feel of that surface. I know they love the RCP track, but don't like the internal antennas.
TNB you seem to be in nicer disposition on the Z forums

For one I am glad I got the chrome version. The gold rims just look too bling for me. I know the cats seem to like shiny chrome better thats for sure. I do need a race body however so I can't wait for the purple and white trim body to be available.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

BovineD,

I like the chrome wheels myself better too, but I like the Type 2 body better as well. If I started from scratch, I'd probably purchase the Type 2 Anniversary edition and then just get another set of wheels.

Regarding the forums, I get annoyed more on this forum because it seems many members either don't know how to use the search buttons or don't want to use the search buttons which leads to a lot of the same questions and posts over and over again. Use or the lack of use of the gallery is another example. Sometimes my hints are subtle and sometimes they are not. I depends on my mood, but sometimes a lot of effort goes into providing information and links that people just don't take the time to read. It appears that they want the spot light or simply want to start a "new" thread and want answers right now though they probably don't act that way at the local hobby shop or perhaps the do, and then turned to the forums after their demands were not answered.

Quite frankly, I'll probably just do like others I know and that is "not" answer questions and skip a lot more posts. I already skip most Mini-T posts for the same reasons and probably won't even visit this forum as much. This may even make some of the members happy. Perhaps, it's an age thing, but it's not like I don't get members sending me emails behind the scenes asking questions and its not like I'm asking for the help on this forum. If anything, It will just free up my own time.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:45 PM
millroy

damn i orderd it from tower hobbies i didnt know there was more than 1 anniversary edition. the main reasoni ordered it though was for the hop ups so as long as it has those im ok but i would prefer the chrome body or type 2, but oh well i guess ill have to see when it comes since they dont have a pic up yet
Old 05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
millroy

now ive seen in some other forums that having the xspeed in the monster can burn up the fets easily, does anyone know about this? some people have said it happens easily and others have said no. i plan on driving mine pretty hard but i woukd rather not screw it up too bad. any info would be great thanks.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:55 PM
BovineD

Regarding the forums, I get annoyed more on this forum because it seems many members either don't know how to use the search buttons or don't want to use the search buttons which leads to a lot of the same questions and posts over and over again. Use or the lack of use of the gallery is another example. Sometimes my hints are subtle and sometimes they are not. I depends on my mood, but sometimes a lot of effort goes into providing information and links that people just don't take the time to read. It appears that they want the spot light or simply want to start a "new" thread and want answers right now though they probably don't act that way at the local hobby shop or perhaps the do, and then turned to the forums after their demands were not answered.

Quite frankly, I'll probably just do like others I know and that is "not" answer questions and skip a lot more posts. I already skip most Mini-T posts for the same reasons and probably won't even visit this forum as much. This may even make some of the members happy. Perhaps, it's an age thing, but it's not like I don't get members sending me emails behind the scenes asking questions and its not like I'm asking for the help on this forum. If anything, It will just free up my own time.
I hear you TNB. I still feel pretty active and helpful at this point because I have not been posting nearly as long as you have, and I feel like providing help to the community but I am sure I will get to that point. Seems to be a pretty harsh cycle: You start out a newbie like everybody else and ask a lot of questions and as you gain more knowledge you then feel obligated or even enjoy helping out others at that point but after so much time it just seems to get repetitive even irritating. It seems a lot like someone who changes jobs every 4 year because they get sick of it after getting to know all the ins and outs of it.

It does seem though that noobs nowadays are even more impatient then the older generation of net users and demand answers RIGHT NOW and cannnot wait one second longer for an answer that is basically coming from someone who is answering on their own free time. I mean I am only 27 but I try to act reasonaby curteous when posting and answering questions but I definitely sense a new generation of users who demand answers in our instant gratification society cultured by the net.

Anonymity is a great thing I guess.

Well if anything TNB that leaves more time for racing and that is always a good thing.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: BovineD
Well if anything TNB that leaves more time for racing and that is always a good thing.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
bogglegame

Hey!
I got a stock mini z monster a week ago and i want more torque and speed. can anyone give me a suggestion on a motor better than or besides the x-speed motor for my mini z?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:25 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

hey, if you want, you can get an iwaver 04(mini-z monster clone) for 50 bucks off toy east.

[link=http://www.toyeast.com/v2/prodlist.asp?catid=1583]iwaver 04[/link]
Old 01-20-2005, 08:52 PM
bogglegame

Hey, My mini z monster keeps on "sppazing" on me. The wheels(turning) "spaz" and the throttle "spazes". i am in my house so there is no other r/c interference. can anyone help me please it is new!!!?