Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

brushless in the mini giant

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:16 PM
nitro 4-tec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless in the mini giant

ive been reading on hear that people want to install brushless on the mini t and it would do 40-60 mph i wonder what would happen if u put the mamba in a mini giant
Old 05-24-2004, 07:23 PM
raykessler

Default RE: brushless in the mini giant

60 is definatly wrong with a lipoly im pretty sure it wont do more then 40.... but thats pretty fast
Old 05-25-2004, 02:21 AM
nownnew

A brushless motor in a Mini Giant would no doubt increase its speed dramatically. However, then you would need to upgrade the electronics. It would be fast on-road, but what about off-road? Anyways, off-road should be at a fairly slow pace.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
nitro 4-tec

k i was just wondering thanks for the imput
Old 05-25-2004, 03:17 PM
NYYSR

a BL system will do ever bit of 60MPH in a mini-t it just depends on what system, gearing and bats you use.
you will need 11.1Vs to power it up to 60+ MPH but at that speed the mini-t is uncontrollable 2 say the least and alot would need 2 be done to the frame, A-arms, tires and just about everything else 2 be able 2 handle it.

as far as what it would do in a mini-giant, theoretically if you do the math on the tire size and gearing it should do about the same sept for two very important factors FRICTION and WIND RESISTANCE.
the mini giant is a 4x4 so theirs much more friction in the drivetrain (saps power).
its biger, taller and has much more total mass (like a brick in the wind) compaired 2 a low profile low 2 the ground mini-T.
i could see it doing 45-50 with a simular BL setup as is but no more, and at that speed it would be unstable rendering it undriveable in any condition, thats y I'm trying 2 build one.

if you wanted more speed out of the mini giant you would have 2 get it 2 sit lower and get narrower tires as well as getting the body low on the frame.
it would also have 2 be made wider, as a rule of thumb you need 2 go wider and lower for stability.

you can solve some of your frictions problems by making it a 2wd but then thats half the fun.
i myself am going 2 try and see if i can make it work in 4wd, let the fun begin
Old 05-25-2004, 09:14 PM
infernalstone

I could see the drivetrain turning into goo.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:05 AM
nitro 4-tec

yeah it would be impossible to controlle a mini giant goin 40 or even 30 it would tip over you would have to slow down a little bit to turn