Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini-t servo crap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 AM
mad_taffy2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini-t servo crap!!!!

whats the deal with the mini-t servo i cartwheeled my car 2day after it hit a hole in the road and totaled my servo when i took it apart a little bit of plastic had broken and it cant be repaird whats the deal with that any 1 else had this problem and know how do prevent it i got another servo on order so not long and ill be running again

the guy in the hobby shop said " its a fail safe so the servo motor cant get damaged"
Old 05-27-2004, 09:20 AM
WarpdSpazm

Default RE: mini-t servo crap!!!!

I did that twice, the easiest wall tap can snap that dowel.... I bought the new airtronics servo made just for the mini-t.... That with a XXX-L rx and a quantum esc... My mini is ready to roll. Granted I race it at the track, if you're just bashing the 11 dollar servo is a better run.... I't not as bad as you'd think...
Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
WarpdSpazm

ORIGINAL: mad_taffy2k

the guy in the hobby shop said " its a fail safe so the servo motor cant get damaged"

I read that after posting... That's funny... My LHS pal broke his too, except his comment was "Cheap Losi piece of $$%$!!! Can't they make anything that doesn't break." My mint came OUT OF THE BOX FROM HORIZON with a cracked rear hub and arm.... how's that for ya?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:23 AM
mad_taffy2k

dude im from the uk and us rc'ers get ripped off over here that servo cost me $30 its a joke but we gota live with it but i got a race next week so i had to order it form here otherwise i would of had it shipped in
Old 05-27-2004, 09:33 AM
RC_Tobias

Mad-

Sorry to hear about the servo. It just depends on how it's hit as to whether its going to break or not. I've cartwheeled mine more times than I can shake a stick at and I've been lucky. Most likely one of two things happened. One, your servo was going one direction and one of the front tires was hit and forced the other direction, hence the break. Or two, the servo wasn't going in one direction or the other and the wheel just took a violent enough hit to sheer off the little piece of plastic that busted in the servo. There is a miniature "servo saver" type apparatus on the front of the servo, but if the hit is hard and fast enough that won't do a darn thing for you. I'm sure some of the others that post in these threads will chime in with aftermarket servo suggestions, but that entails needing to change the entire electronics set-up in the vehicle. I hope this helps.

-RCT
Old 05-27-2004, 11:42 AM
RYANO218

The mini-t servos are very weak. Mine broke on like the second day of running.[:@] I got a new one and havent had a problem since, and I hope it doesnt happen again.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:23 PM
DMehalko
My Feedback: (42)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Are your servos really slow too? Mine is super slow.

Are there any good "direct fit" replacements?

David
Old 05-27-2004, 09:59 PM
WarpdSpazm

Fresh off the press... Airtronics made one direct fit - but you have to change radio gear ie. new rx and esc... I did it tonight and did a before and after run on the local track... WOW...
Old 05-28-2004, 12:05 AM
mad_taffy2k

i have only had the car a week today so i havnt done anything but batt upgrade yet but i will be swapping the electronics for some better gear the things i s ill have to buy it all because i mainly race tc's i dont have reverse on any of my esc's but i will look at replacing in the next 6-8 weeks
Old 05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
joelacrane

I broke my servo... Exept i sat there and tweaked it back and forth when i wrenched on my car. And it snapped. I got a new one and i have wrecked it into the walls in my house over and over and over again. No problems!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:02 AM
RURC

GWS makes a very high speed servo that will replace the stock one but you still need to upgrade all electronice because it is 3 wire not 4.I have 4 Mini T and none of tham have had a problem. My 4 year old son dose insane things to it and it just keeps on going.

Michael