Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Stock Radio on the Mini-T

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:53 AM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stock Radio on the Mini-T

Hello People,

Just bought a Losi Mini-T. Replaced all the stock shocks & bearings. Just wonder if I can use other 3 wire servo on the stock receiver/ESC. Also, I heard that you could run 6 off cell 7.2v with the stock Radio/ESC. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

Regards
Normanski
Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
RC_Tobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stock Radio on the Mini-T

normanski-

You cannot use a 3 wire servo with the stock ESC/RX unit. In order to use a 3 wire servo you have to use aftermarket electronics in the Mini-T. You can however, use a 6 cell 7.2v battery just fine with the stock electronics. I hope this helps.

-RCT
Old 06-15-2004, 07:59 PM
normanski

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for the advise. I wonder what the extra wire does? Why do Losi has to make thing different? Unless all Micro-Servos are like that. Any opinion on this?

Regards
Norman,
Old 06-16-2004, 03:18 AM
mad_taffy2k

ok from what i have learnt I'm not sure how accurate this is and i don't understand why losi used the 4 wire servo

but in a standard servo you just have a motor and a chip 2 wires power the whole servo and 1 wire transfers data from the receiver to the servo

a 4 wire servo uses a motor and a thing called a porameter (not sure is that is correct word) 2 wires for the motor and 2 wires for the poramter and what happens here is the receiver tell the motor to revolution 1 way, and so the motor spins turns the gears and then as a result will turn the porameter when you let go of the transmitter and the poramter has been turned to a certain point it will tell the motor to revolution the other direction until back to neutral potion and it will work for the other direction to

sorry it its not very clear or correct but i hope this gives you an idea and if any 1 can expand or make this correct please feel free its good to learn
Old 06-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Altrodesigns

It is a 4 wire servo because the "brains" of the servo are in the esc/rx unit. While this is a downside becuase it limits upgrading, it makes room for a larger servo motor.

You can convert a HS 55 servo to 4 wire mini T servo. So yes it IS possible, you just need to modify it a bit.
it can be found here. http://www.one18th.com/viewarticle.p...ion=view&id=20
Old 06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
normanski

Hello Altrodesigns,

Thanks for the information. I don't suppose I can get a Futaba 3003 on the mini-T then........Just Joking.

Regards
Normanski
Old 06-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

lol@3003 sure u will just add half the weight of the mini to it [:-]
i would just upgrade the radio system. and if your budget pocket is cheap look on ebay u will find a good deal!
GOOD LUCK!