Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Charger adapter for Mini-T batts...newbie help

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Charger adapter for Mini-T batts...newbie help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 06:07 PM
gixman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger adapter for Mini-T batts...newbie help

Hi,
A friend just gave me a peak charger that has a 2amp and 4amp rate. Couple of questions:
1. Can I use it to charge my Mini-T batts?
2. If so, can I get an adapter that reduces the size of the plug to fit my 6 and & cell batts?

Thanks in advance! You guys rock!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Ryan007

Default RE: Charger adapter for Mini-T batts...newbie help

that wont work and u need an hpi plug convertor u can get at ur lhs or get them to order it and also it needs to charge at 1.5 amps max thats after it broken in and every thing so tyea it wont work unles u want fried batts?[>:] heh
peace...
Old 06-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

what makes u think he cant charge at 2-4 amps??

ofcourse you can use that peak charger!! peak chargers are great!

just use the 2-amp cycle.. i wouldnt worry about frying your batteries.
and just get a an adapter plug from your LHS

that wouldnt be an old Novak peak charger would it? i used to have one loved it.

good luck!
Old 06-27-2004, 07:06 PM
xx1995m3xx

i thought u coulnt charge that high on micro batts? damn im dumb heh
Old 06-27-2004, 07:08 PM
gixman

Hhahahah Irish

I can always count on your no nonsense replies and answers. OK...I'll go to the LHS and get the adapter. How long should I charge it? 2hours? 1.5 hours? 1 hour?

Do I also need to discharge it? It's that necessary for LiMH batts. I usually run my batts until my Mini-T can't go forward and steer.

By the way, I just ran my 7 cell 8.4 v batts on my Speed Motor. I got some scary speeds... yank several tie rods...broke the servo brace and broke off the ESC. hhehehhehe...

I'm still waiting for my Speed Motor 300 per Irish's recommendation!
Old 06-27-2004, 07:21 PM
madblunted

lol sounds fun, I have charged my mini t batteries at 4 amps lol just to see how long it would take it takes like 15 minutes, but your battery is hot as hell and it takes another 15 to cool, lol so charge it at 2 amps, I usually charge at 1 amp because i dont have 1.5 amps. I rarely discharge my NiMH batteries, i sometimes if i am bored watching tv i will hook the lightbulbs to it, discharge them then charge them, cool them, and discharge them, then charge them, so they are ready to go. But I only do that maybe once a month if not less.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Irlsh

Yea nimh batteries usually dont have a memmory and for discharging them NO u do not have to!

yea i usually charge my batteries at 1.5-2 amps i have a hobbico feild charger so i can charger at anyrate up to 2 amps..

if that is apeak charger shouldnt it stop when the battery is fully charged? if not charge it at 2 amps for no longer then 25 minutes and like blunt said it may be HOT

let it cool a minute or so AND NEVER NEVER EVER CHARGE A BATTERY as soon as its disharged from running this will ruin the life of the battery fast!

get 2-4 packs and rotate them so u always have a cool battery to work with charging or running!!!!

gixman good luck bro and dont worry your fine with 2 ampcharger...

whoever said u cant charge micro batteries?? it all depends how many amps are going itno it and 2 is not bad!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:31 PM
gixman

Yo irish and guys!
Thanks for the advice. I was worried there for a minute. I'll just go and get an adapter. I didn't even know that it stops charging. OK... I'll try that.

irish... my friend gave me an Einstein Peak Charger. It has clips for car batteries too.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Irlsh

yea the best thing to do is invest with a peak type charger.. weather yours auto detects the batteries peak or not but

i like secure charging batteries are important i guess...

the charger i have can charge litium ni-cad ni-mh and can charge 2 batteries at once. and goes on auto trickle charge when charger detects peak

member the key the lower the amperage the longer charge cycle although lower is better 2 is not max you will be fine m8!

let us know how it goes bud!
Old 06-29-2004, 04:36 PM
gixman

I got the adapter and charged my 7 cell 8.4v 1300mah Team Helotes at 2amps. I let it charge for 25 minutes and HOTTTTTTTTTTT!! The battery was sooo hot I think I smelled the battery wrap burn a little hehhehehhe. OK... I'm charging for 15 minutes for now on. LOL...

Now.... I'm charging my 6 cell 7.2v 1100mah at 2amps. Let's see what happens in 15 minutes (why 2amps... cuz I can't go any lower)

Thanks again for the advice, guys!!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Irlsh

yea just keep yur charging time down and see how long the run times are.....

glad to help m8!