Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

losi speed motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:24 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi speed motor

OK i just put in a losi speed motor and after running it for about 10 mins. it just stoped running. I thought it might be the batt. pack so i recharged it and still no go. ive checked all the concetions to the motor from the esc and nothing looks wrong. anyone have this happen and might be able to point me in the right direction i would be thankfull.

jon
Old 06-30-2004, 12:45 AM
travis m

Default RE: losi speed motor

the motor mite of got to hot the little speed motor get hot fast you are only should run them about 5min
Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 AM
madblunted

get some motor spray take your motor out, do you need to break in the motor?? if so, you should have broken in the brushes. Also, get some bearing oil and oil the bearings or bushings, drop back in and try to run it again, i am sure it can go longer than 5 minutes.

or you can press your throttle, and spin your wheels see if they break free and spin, this is what my motors do if i dont do maintenence too often. that is before i went brushless.. now i cant wait to see what new things that does.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 PM
mrjon53

ya in my hast to run the mini t with the new motor i forgot to break it in. im sure that is the problem. thanks for the reminder. ive been devoting most of my time to nitro as of late.

oh and i really hope i can run the motor longer than 5 mins at a time or else im selling the thing!!!

have fun with the brushless!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:43 PM
madblunted

yeah they say the trinity motors are already broken in when you buy them they dont need to be broken in, but.. when you get them and take the brushes out they are brand new, no sign of breakin, so i just buy trinity black death comm drops some trinity motor/bearing oil and used 2 AA batteries taped together w/ wires lol to break them in. have had no problems other than the regular maintenance on the motors, BTW i am going to sell all my brushed motors for my mini t including the electronics, servo, and radio on ebay. I just have to clean em up then i will snap some pics find some boxes and get them ready for shipping so keep an eye there if anyone is interested in them. I would sell them here but I never sold anything here and I have on ebay so its easier.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:31 AM
RC_Tobias

mrjon-

I don't believe the Losi Speed Motors need to be broken in. I dropped mine in and away I went. I can get approx 15 to 20 minute run times (down from 35 to 40 with the stock motor) with a 7.2v 1100mah NiMH pack. And the 15 to 20 minutes is more than 80% of the time at full throttle. One thing you might want to try is hooking the motor leads directly up to a battery and seeing if it turns over. If it does then something is wrong with the ESC/RX. If it doesn't move then it's the motor. Either way I'm sure if you contact Horizon Hobby at 1-877-504-0233 and talk to their Product Support Team they'll make sure you get taken care of. Depending on what the culprit is they may have you send just the motor to them or you might have to send the whole truck for them to check over. That's what I had to do.

-RCT
Old 07-01-2004, 02:07 PM
RYANO218

I never had to break in my losi speed motor and its been running great for months now. I also get about 20 minute run times out of it.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:10 PM
mrjon53

ya i still havent had a chance to check it out yet but thanks for the help
Old 07-01-2004, 10:44 PM
travis m

i said 5 min because i racer it in about 120 degrees and i did not breake mine in and it runs good
Old 07-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Altrodesigns

Do you guys actually see a big improvement with the Speed motor? Why not just get a more powerfull 300 motor, you can get them for like $15 and they'll last longer and are usually more durable.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:12 PM
rc_flyer428

i had your exact problem if u have bushings then get some bearaings and that will fix it. the bushings create friction and it gets the motor hot. if u have bearings already then they might be wore out.