Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini T w/ Gas Engine and Propeller

Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 PM
alxrymnd914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini T w/ Gas Engine and Propeller

I want to make a minit with a propeller(as in it would move by air). Does anyone know of a small engine. Eventually it will be able to go on water and be a aircraft. What do yall think of my idea?

Please give a link to the Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:19 PM
minitman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mini T w/ Gas Engine and Propeller

i no o.s. engines makes small engines like that i dont have a link but that would be cool

its a bird, its a plane, its a mini t?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
BrainFreeze

norvel does it is used for the nitro mini t heres a link for the engine [link=http://www.shopatron.com/index/100]http://www.shopatron.com/index/100[/link] the bigmig .61 engine
Old 09-02-2004, 01:34 AM
garynjr

I'd love to see that! Don't you think that an Electric motor would be better suited though? I would find it hard to believe that a Nitro engine could produce enough power vs weight to get it off the ground.... If you did a brushless system you could probably pull it off. If you had a 3 chanel Radio, you could rig something that would shoot out wings when you wanted to. Start out with it on land, Pop out the wings, take off and land on the water and keep on going... LOL... That would be sweet!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order to really make it work, you need to take off anything that adds friction or weight. so take out the driveshafts, transmission, add some cheap airplane wheels, etc. Check out the norvel line of engines-

www.norvel.com

I have owned a Big Mig .061 rc and it's a good engine, but you might be better off with the .074's advantage in power. I was just breaking in the .074 and seems like a great little engine, plus you can run a bigger prop on it, like a 7x2-3. It will run for a long time on a 2oz tank.

What about a tail rotor???