Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

electric rustler or mini T

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric rustler or mini T

Well has i have used the search. Now to point of this thread which one. I havent found as much info on the rusty as i have about the mini t. but the thing from what i understand is that the mini t can get a long run time on the 4 AA batteries. but many people say ditch that and go for a 5 or 6 cell pack. does it mean something like this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAFD2&P=ML ? or do u have to get a different kind? now the thing is my bday is this tuesday and would like to get one of them. and i have a tmaxx and a nitro rusty. so i know some stuff already. i will be bashing in my basement mainly and sometimes outside. Now the electric rustler is 1/10 scale so i no it will be bigger and faster out of the box right? now which will be more durable? what i plan to do is jump in my basement. and set out pillows for extra protection. i have read other threads saying that the mini t isnt the greatest out of the box such as it needs the new shocks or what ever. and the motor burns up fast on 5 or 6 cells. im kinda confused one if i should get the rusty or the mini t. but the thing is i got 2 batteries and 2 15 min charges so i could drive alot.

would you recomend the mini t for jumping or the rustler?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:11 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

Default RE: electric rustler or mini T

also forgot to add on tower for the rustler theres 2 choices. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?&C=CAI&V=TRA whats the differece besides price? does the esc have better run times the a msc or something ?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

Rustler is too big for inside use unless you have HUGE basement. However, a modded Mini T is way too fast for inside use as well. Decide where you want to run the choose the vehicle for that set up.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:04 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

alright well i kinda like the rustler right now becuse i already got batteries for it. which one would u say is more durable? and for my basement its huge!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 08:53 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

well i got a mini t off of ebay just tonight. $102 nib. hopefully i get it soon. a question were exactly do i put the batteries in for the AA
Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

Congrat on the Mini T. The batteries fit under the ESC. Don't worry, Losi provides good directions with the car.