Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

building a ramp

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:05 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a ramp

im going to be building a small mini track in my basement for me mini t and im looking to make a ramp so i go more straight up then i do go far. so what im asking is since i dont have much wood available is like card board. will a stock mini t be able to move it around or will it be fine? and any other ideas would are welcome.

my idea for the track is since its really long is that it will be a oval but im going to take cardboard which i have alot of is bend it alot and use plenty of duct tape to hold it down and have a bunch of doubles. then for the ramp im going to jump my couch(SP) then land on pillows then keep going from there. and have more doubles and other stuff.

but the main point is how to build a ramp out of cardboard. Any one ever try i really cant use wood like i said.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: building a ramp

Since the Losi Mini-T ships with a cardboard jump, why don't you use that as an example and simply change the angle so you can go more straight up than farther out?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

oops forgot to mention its being shipped right now. how big is this ramp? any pictures?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not that big and I actually never used it since I'm either jumping off of dirt or wooden jumps. I've actually jumped my Kyosho Mini-Z-Monsters off of higher jumps than the ramp that ships with the Losi Mini-T.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:43 PM
travis m
My Feedback: (3)

t to the maxx one the one that come with it do not make you jump very high but i went to walmart and got some of them bike jumps and them a good for jumping
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM
kh15

you want to build a curved ramp not an angled one because with a curved ramp you can hit it with much higher speeds and it pre-loads your shocks before the jump, with the common angle ramp you car just kind of hits it and roughly launches off it with a much higher risk of breaking something