Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

are mini-z's worth it

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 12:35 AM
kh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are mini-z's worth it

i'm thinking about getting one because i'm just about sick of the cheapness of my x-mod, so are the mini-z cool? do they have good speed out of the box? do they have alot of aftermarket parts availble?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:03 AM
minimad

Default RE: are mini-z's worth it

they are worth every cent. they are fast enough out the box to be a lot of fun, but their are an insane amount of upgrades available. mainly for mr-01 chasis which they still make and sell. but the mr-02 is much better and doesnt need most of the upgrades, very fast out of the box and handles very well.

my collection includes mr01 racer mr02 racer 3x overlands 1 mad force MMT mini T mini Giant.
i am happy with them all as they are all very different.

hopes this helps.

chris
Old 09-29-2004, 02:33 PM
kh15

yea thanks man i will get one when i get some extra paper in my pocket, do they have motor upgrades?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:44 PM
kh15

whats the diffrence between the mini-z and the mini-z racer 2, the racer 2 is 150$?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are lots of different motors available, but they don't come in 4-packs like those Xmod motors and they are more expensive. Also, plan on doing a FET upgrade if you plan to use anything other than the Kyosho X-speed or PN Racing Speedy BB.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: kh15
whats the diffrence between the mini-z and the mini-z racer 2, the racer 2 is 150$?
ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Benthehen
the problem is, is that i wont have money for hopups if i get the mr02
In my opinion, the MR02 stock runs better than the MR01, which is what the Iwaver MR01 is based on. My Kyosho Mini-Z-MR01 C5R has lots of option parts on it (not shown in the photo above) and the C5R body has a proven track record, yet the MR02s are much easier to drive stock since they won't flip as easily in the turns. The lower center of gravity is a large factor, the MR02 also has a brake instead of having to rely on reverse, and the MR02 has a servo saver. This may not matter to you as much since I drive my MR01/02s on a track most of the time. However, if you go the MR01/Iwaver route, you may want to purchase a extra set of servo gears ahead of time. Regarding, the Iwaver they are also sold at HobbyPeople.net but are around $50.00. Since HP has two local stores here, I purchased my Iwaver locally.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Benthehen

yeppers get a miniz. i was also tired of the cheapness of the xmod, and got a iwaiver. i havnt used my xmod since. thats alot of money wasted on my xmod.like maybe $300 on the xmods that i have, all wasted.i would say that you should wait untill the Iwaiver mr02 comes out, it should be comming out soon. when it does come out, get it from toyeast.com, they own the company that owns iwaiver. they might be in China, but my order came in 6 days, the same time that my tower hobbies order took. and they are the cheapest, even with the shipping. The iwaiver mro2 should be in the 50 dollar range, and the controller is supposed to kick arse, with a screen and 10 model memory.
if you dont get some of the stuff i said, tnb can explain it better, lol.

Benthehen
Old 09-29-2004, 10:41 PM
kh15

lol yea not really, but i think i will get a mini-z simply because thier is so many hop ups and support for them, but its hard because i dont know if i should spend 150 on a mini-z or that same 150 on my tc3?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I was going to purchase a 1/5th scale FG F1--that was about 10 or 12 Mini-Zs ago. In other words, I could have bought it, I just didn't and chose the Mini-Zs.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 AM
minimad

in my opion mini z's are fantastic fun, but really only when you have someone to race against. do you know someone who has one or wants one. you wont be dissapointed with any of them. on your own though the MMT is more fun or an overland, but for racing you cant go past a racer. very fast and frantic racing

get one, they arnt much...

chris