Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

need help bought battery pack.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 05:33 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bought battery pack.

i bought a battery pack today from hobbytown for my mini t and its a dynamite 6 cell 1100 mah or something like that. now i said i already got a charger and he asked me what kind and i told him a 15 min charger with a connecter like this one in the link. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAYR9&P=M so i hooked that to my charger then charged my battery on trickle charge for around a hour. then i did it so it would charge in 15 min. i was in my room watching tv then i smelled it burning up then turned it off right away and the pack was very hot. i let it cool down and did not run it. some of the shrink wrap i think it is burned off. i dont no if this pack is usable or not, but if i go tell them what happened and that the guy said ya that should be fine. will they give me my money back do you think?
Old 12-19-2004, 11:55 AM
RC-Archer

Default RE: need help bought battery pack.

Sounds to me like you overcharged your battery. You have to be careful when using the 15 min charger since they will cook your battery if they still have a charge in them. Make sure your battery is discharged before using the 15 min charger.

Try your battery in your car. If the cells didn't vent, they may still be okay but not as good as a brand new pack.

I doubt that your shop will take your battery back since you overcharged your battery.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Pinolelst

I don't know how many times I've read a similar story.Timer chargers are junk unless you CONSTANTLY monitor the packs temperature.Do yourself a favor and buy a decent peak charger.
Your pack is "probably" toast but like was said above if they didn't vent they may be OK.

Good Luck
Old 12-19-2004, 03:14 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

What are some good peak chargers? I dont want to fry my batteries!
Old 12-19-2004, 04:09 PM
T TO THE MAXX 1

well i understand what you guys are saying but the guy told me ya it should be fine. so i didnt really think that this would happen.