Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Next Generation

Old 01-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Tagsrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Generation

Does anyone know if any companies plan to come out with a serious mini, (as in all problems on the first one fixed) that has the same level of quality and precision as their larger scale vehicles?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:35 AM
rush basher

Default RE: Next Generation

What do you think the Mini-T is? It is a '1/18 scale Ready-To-Run replica of the sensational XXX-T Matt Francis National Champion race truck' as qouted from team losi.

There bringing out a PRO model soon, not to correct problems, but just with all the option parts on, and no radio gear, for racing convenience. Its only $150 too, same as price as the rtr, just got to buy radio gear. Heres the link... http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/mini-tpro.htm
Old 01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Ahab

whilst I dont aggree with tagsRovers assertion that there isnt a "serious" mini on the market yet.
I would say that going by the quality of parts on the stock losi mini-t, Losi have either made the mini-t from inferior components or their standards are generaly quite low.

The Mini-T was groundbreaking when it was released, but having got one it seems to have been cobbled together with substandard parts. There are the turnbuckles that bend in a slight breeze, the stock tyres that were showing wear from the first AA battery pack, the plastic parts that seem very willing to snap. Thats not to mention the use of totally non-standard electronic hardware, and pretty shoddy non-standard hardware at that. - dont even get me started on the stock "shocks"...

Losi seem to have had the hope of aftermarket part sales in the front of its mind with almost every choice they made on the design of the mini-t. - nearly every one has problems with their stock steering servo, but just try and get a reply from losi customer support if you mail them about it. The tires wear FAR too quickly - to get you to buy more. A cynic might suggest that the stock motor is deliberatly a bit weak to try and sell the sport motor...you get the picture.

don't get me wrong, I love my Losi Mini-T, but the sooner I can replace all the Losi bits, the happier i will be...
Old 02-01-2005, 10:48 AM
WhoMe

The design of the mini-t is modelled after the MF XXX-T..(That was good) but the parts quality isnt the best. Xray M18T is supposedly going to be the kit to buy if your looking for a quality performance 1/18th scale 4wd truck. Is that going to be the case??..thats anyone guess since they have still yet to release that kit or release real pictures of what this truck will look like.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

They all have issues, if not there would be no after market.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:03 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I havent had many, actually no, problems with my mini-t.

The only breakages its had was the stock diff (gears stripped) and I just broke rear hub the other day (jumped it into a brick wall). Stock electronics are still doing fine for me (I did upgrade the motor though), and all my turnbuckles are still straight as day one. Mine has been bashed to bloody pulp [X(] but Its like the energizer bunny

I must say the stock tires and shocks were crap, shocks were like pogo sticks, and the tires must have been made from the softest, fastest wearing, rubber avaliable.

The stock motor was a bit slow, but I suppose it did what it was supposed to do.