Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Duratrax Mini-Quake

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
LoCaL_183
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Mini-Quake

Ok hears the deal,

does it come with ball bearings?
whats its speed stock? - i dont really care cause im gonna mod it.

and can u upgrade the motors in it?

also can u get diffrent bodys 4 it?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:13 AM
LoCaL_183
Banned

Default RE: Duratrax Mini-Quake

BUMP!...C'MON! guys!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Big-Kid

On the Duratrax site, they state the MQ RTR comes with a 380 motor and ball bearings http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd11b.html .
Their SE version has some of their hop-ups built in http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxc001...011-index.html . If you were going to do some of those mod's, than that would make for a better buy, as it includes their all aluminum shocks, ball diffs, etc...

I saw an adaptor they sell so you can mount Mini-T wheels onto the MQ, very good thinking on their part since this is the most common size in 18th scale truck.

If a 380 motor fits, than most micro motors will also. You just need to check if the motor mount will accomidate it. It states the motor mount is adjustable, and I believe I have seen aftermarket ones available[8D]
Old 09-03-2005, 08:50 AM
cjg

It comes with full ball bearings.

Just about any body that fits the minit will fit it, it has adjustable height body mounts.

The motor selection is limited. I've been told the 280 motors won't work in them, but haven't tried them. I just purchased a graupner rocket 400 ($10) and got a bit of a tweak in speed and acceleration. Out of the box it is around 20mph with good batteries.

There are a variety of options for the brushless motors.

Buy the SE version, especially if you want to upgrade, you will pay that much for the aluminum upgrades to the original, and you can choose better esc and radio system.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:55 AM
cjg

It comes with full ball bearings.

Just about any body that fits the minit will fit it, it has adjustable height body mounts.

The motor selection is limited. I've been told the 280 motors won't work in them, but haven't tried them. I just purchased a graupner rocket 400 ($10) and got a bit of a tweak in speed and acceleration. Out of the box it is around 20mph with good batteries.

There are a variety of options for the brushless motors.

Buy the SE version, especially if you want to upgrade, you will pay that much for the aluminum upgrades to the original, and you can choose better esc and radio system.