Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

New to Mini-Z/IWaver micro scale

Old 11-13-2005, 04:45 AM
sasquatch1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Mini-Z/IWaver micro scale

Hey!

I have just joined the local 1:18 (because of winter time here in Denmark) and smaller club and have bought a Mini-Z + IWaver.

The track is very large and open and is an exact replica of the formula 1 track in Spain (even in scale). Just to give you some kind of idea of its design.

The surface has been painted in some "special" <--(to me that is because I have no idea what it is) compound giving a lot of grip. It's painted on top of very hard plywood (MDF)

Now then.

What foam tires should I put on?

I have done some research (just to sound scientific) and have found that foam tires for these small suc***s are not just a "go and buy thing"

Many exists in 8.5mm, 11mm, with and with out offset and in at least 3 different shores....

My question to you is what would a good starting point be? Is tyre selection the same as in the 1:10 touring scale I also drive? Because then I would get some medium front and soft rear....

Should I just buy some of every one? They are not that expensive (just did not want to have massive amomounts lying around never to get used)

Am I completely off here ?? [>:][]
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Mini-Z/IWaver micro scale

I beleive your best bet would be 8.5mm tires in the front, and 11mm tires in the rear.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:39 AM
sasquatch1976

Yes. That much I figured out but then there is the compounds ??? (Based on the track description)

Anyone ??
Old 11-14-2005, 03:36 PM
briankstan

your best bet will be to start with a soft compound rubber, the lower the degree the tire the softer the compound example a 8 deg. will be softer than a 10 deg. so the 8 degree will have better grip. you might want to test them out and see what is going to work best for the track that you run.