Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my mini lst

Old 12-02-2005, 04:20 AM
Capgun_Slim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my mini lst

I noticed that 5000kv Hyperion motor seemed to be a great motor too, as long as you Dremeled a little amount of the motor plate. I see that their out of the 6000kv Hyperion, I'd love to see this combo tested in the MLST. I don't have mine yet, but I'm glad I found this thread, as I'm going to be purchasing one of these setups. If someone could get their hands on a 6000kv Hyperion and stick it in the MLST, I'd appreciate the results. Thanks...

BTW: Does anyone have a picture of how the one motor looks mounted in the MLST? Does it matter which side? Also, where is the center diff. located? As I don't have mine yet, some pictures would be cool.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: Capgun_Slim

I noticed that 5000kv Hyperion motor seemed to be a great motor too, as long as you Dremeled a little amount of the motor plate. I see that their out of the 6000kv Hyperion, I'd love to see this combo tested in the MLST. I don't have mine yet, but I'm glad I found this thread, as I'm going to be purchasing one of these setups. If someone could get their hands on a 6000kv Hyperion and stick it in the MLST, I'd appreciate the results. Thanks...

BTW: Does anyone have a picture of how the one motor looks mounted in the MLST? Does it matter which side? Also, where is the center diff. located? As I don't have mine yet, some pictures would be cool.
It looks alright, so what I did to fill that empty space and so the truck is equally balanced I made a 7 cell back with the 7th cell in the empty motor spot.

The center diff is located in the "center" right between the two motors. But before going bl I would suggest you upgrade your diffs.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: trdcorolla
ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac
so I guess Losi made the center diff slip for a reason. To protect the other diff's
Thats how it seems!
Now a few other members may realize one reason I prefer the Kyosho Mini-Inferno over some of the other minis--the KMI also has a center diff.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:17 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Guys, how much do think stock speed would increase with better tires?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Guys, how much do think stock speed would increase with better tires?

speed? probably not much or not for that matter. with better tires, I think the mlst will have better bottom end so its torque will be way better than it is now. dont get me wrong the bottom end is great but everyones gonna want MORE bottom end, top end and run time.

locking the center diff will definately increase stock speed because it seems like the center diff is robbing some power from it. another way would be to increase cell count. i know the stock esc can handle 7 cell with no problems.

i'll let you guys know what i can get when i receive some replacement diffs, hopefully they'll be metal.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Capgun_Slim

So they don't make an aftermarket diff yet that is stronger than stock? This is probably a stupid question, but if you lock the center diff, wouldn't that not let the motor turn at all since it's pinion is laying against the spur? I'm sure I'll realize what your talking about once mine gets here next week.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Do you not understand that the mini-t diff. can replace the M-LST's center diff?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
trdcorolla

Ok guys some ppl are having a hard time changing the freqency on their mlst so I decided to try it and I was having a hard time. But I finally got it...

First thing I did was turn the transmitter on and changed the frequency.

Then I truned on th truck and it started to change frequency.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Isn't that in the instructions? Anyway, here is a photo of my LST on one of the local 1/8th scale off-road tracks between heats.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:10 AM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Isn't that in the instructions? Anyway, here is a photo of my LST on one of the local 1/8th scale off-road tracks between heats.

SWEET did it land the way you expected it to?

As for the instructions, apparently it wasn't clear to other members so I decided to try it and give a simple explanation.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

It landed fine. I did knock loose a turnbuckle, but it wasn't on the track. I was squirelling around the truck with the muddy tires in the lot and caught the edge of the gate on the way out. I just popped it back on. I also uploaded a few more photos to the "photo thread".

RC Cars, Buggies and Trucks >> 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars >> More Mini LST pictures! And some info...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...tm.htm#3615808
Old 12-04-2005, 02:05 AM
iceracer65

just picked mine up today. effen cool!!!

speed suprised me as well as overall fit and finish. tires hook way too good on carpet, gonna have to do some setup.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:54 PM
trdcorolla

T, you still running stock?

Congrats on the new addtion ice...

Hey I was thinking because I can't run my mlst , while we all wait to get approval (IF it gets approved) from Shawn about using dual bls and wati for my gear diffs to come in!![:@] Anyway I was thinking I'm going to strap TWO bl motors in there with ONE esc! I would leave my aon in there and perhaps throw in an 8k or 6.8k mamba motor. That way I'll get the best of BOTH worlds!!! If I decide to go off roading, I can plug the esc on to the aon and go off roading, if I encounter some nitro guys laughing at my mlst, switch to the mamba and SMOKE UM!!! Talk about flexability.

But I still have to wait and see how top end for the aon is with a different gear ratio. If top end is acceptable to me then I'll just roll with the aon and switch pinions from there.

So what do you guys think?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Stock until next weekend probably. Why do you need Shawn's approval to run anything if it's your MLST, have already ran the CM2080 in the MLST, posted supposed comments from Troy at BPP, and are now running the AON motor? I would also think that having two brushless motors installed and yet using only one at a time would add unnecessary weight and drag.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
iceracer65

what about the losi motor kit? insane i think they are called. anyone have these yet?

also is there a quick charger that i can use with the stock battery pack?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
TruenoAE86HIcomp

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Stock until next weekend probably. Why do you need Shawn's approval to run anything if it's your MLST, have already ran the CM2080 in the MLST, posted supposed comments from Troy at BPP, and are now running the AON motor? I would also think that having two brushless motors installed and yet using only one at a time would add unnecessary weight and drag.

I'm waiting for Shawns approval because dual bls are NOT recommended and I don't want to void any warrenty, afterall I am using a mamba 25! So I want to stay within specs!

About the dual bls, only one would have a pinion So no drag there, as for the added weight I think thats a good thing because these things are a little too light especially since I'm considering going lipo for the mlst.

EDIT

Sorry guys its trdcorolla I didn't realize I posted using another friends sn.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
trdcorolla

^^^^^^^^^

Sorry guys I should of checked whos sn was on.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Capgun_Slim

You have to go Lipo for sure if you want to unleash the full potential of that motor. A 3 cell would be perfect. I almost exclusively use them in all of my planes.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:39 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: Capgun_Slim

You have to go Lipo for sure if you want to unleash the full potential of that motor. A 3 cell would be perfect. I almost exclusively use them in all of my planes.

Yeah I've been shopping around for lipos and not sure which one to go with. I read that the mamba handles 25 amps continous to I'm trying to find a lipo that does that much discharge. Man prices for this is going to kill me!

I switched the front diff gear to the rear to see if my mlst would run, the motor spins perfectly but no movement. I realize that I needed to glue the center diff to convert the mlst into a 2wd but decided not to because I'll just strip the diff again! So my mlst is still disabled and my lhs doesn't know when my gears will be here! [:@] Hopefully today, crossing fingers and toes!
Old 12-05-2005, 03:17 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

iceracer65 - I am running the Insane motors from Losi. After about 3 batt packs they come to life. Top end is a bit better and it is better off the line. I am sure nothing like brushless, but better than stock.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
iceracer65

cool!

so can i expect the stock motors to loosen up a bit as well?

i set up a throw rug with two big couch pillows under it as a "table top" jump. the antenna tube ate it pretty hard

i finally sorted out the nose down attitude of the of the truck when airborn or landing, just some front shock adjustments later, it turns better and it jumps rather well now!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
trdcorolla

Ok a lot of ppl are asking me how I've been setting up my mini lsts 7 cell gp1100. Here it is, no mods needed but it will be a snug.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77985.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	365499  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I am getting my Mini Lst on christmas but i get to drive one every day at my job at my Lhs woot woot. Very fun to drive.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: golfcarterforlife

I am getting my Mini Lst on christmas but i get to drive one every day at my job at my Lhs woot woot. Very fun to drive.

Lucky!!! If you want I"ve got a video of it running stock, with a mamba 8000 and the aon has yet to be videoed!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:43 AM
AlexGT

I found this video on google about the MLST is it that good out of the box or did the guy do something to it, what do u think.

AlexGT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...871&q=mini+lst

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.