Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

lipos

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 PM
monster man14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipos

ok what are all the positive and neative things about lipo's, the battery, any thing i have to do with it specially, and ideas on which one to get for an rc18mt? any recommendations an batteries and or chargers for them, any warinings, experience with them?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:25 AM
mayhem272

Default RE: lipos

well they are flammable
and once u see a sign of a dead battery STOP and charge it or else u can damage them. u can get 40min runtimes with a micro
Old 11-19-2005, 12:08 PM
michelob78

If you are running a mamba it has a low voltage shut off, so it won't hurt the lipo's. I think they are (lipo's) a little pricey for what you get. Good news is the price should start to come down as the technology gets better.... for me lipo's just not yet, but in the future yes. If you wanna try racing, most tracks don't allow them, check with yours to be sure.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:47 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mayhem272

well they are flammable
and once u see a sign of a dead battery STOP and charge it or else u can damage them. u can get 40min runtimes with a micro
All batteries are flammable. Li-polys will mostly give you a longer run time, and a higher voltage.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:58 AM
DigiT

li po's tend to charge alot fast than nicads or nimh