Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What motor for my micro street force?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor for my micro street force?

I just picked up a micro street force on ebay and am wondering which is the best motor without spending a whole lot, like not over 50 bucks. the car isnt here yet but I will probably order parts soon and I'm trying to decide wether or not and which motor to put in it, and how much faster it will go, It will see most of its time on hardwood flooring and maybe some outdoor time(its a winter car). I believe it has stock equipment as far and electronics and motor go, couldnt tell if anything was done with the chassis, it has the stock nimh(i think) battery, also, my last question what is a decently priced fast charger for it.(cuz i refuse to let the wall charge sit 3 hours just to run 20 minutes).

Thanks'
Old 11-25-2005, 12:37 PM
jaejw1

Default RE: What motor for my micro street force?

charger,, any kind of peak charger will do,, the one that comes with it is junk... as far as the motor goes,, it is pretty decent for indoors,, make a small course for it and you will have fun... any faster will just leave you disappointed and wanting to take it outside,, ignorance is bliss...

but if you want speed.. and dont want to spend a lot of money,, get a big block motor mount , one for a 300 size motor and go out and buy a speed 300 motor from graupner,, you will have to do some mods to the rear axle to fit the motor but it is worth it,, but if you dont want to do that,, then just get a mamba compx and a 6cell gp1100 pack.. this will make your car a lil rocket with possible speeds up in the 40's easy... if you check with hobbypeople.net you can get the compx motor and esc for 100bux,, which is cheap and then you can keep everything stock.. but you will need to upgrade to gp1100 batteris and a better charger.. 200 tops,, for everything,,,, if you dont go this route,, you will wish you had in the future when you find out that it is cheaper to do it in the beginning,, if only i had done this,, spent about 200 on motors alone maybe more.. motors burn out and dont last as long,, and the mamba compx is the same as the stock motor but tons faster with more power and will impress you..
Old 11-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Vertical3-D

Yeah, i do like the brushless stuff, I use outrunners on my 3-d planes which really have some punch, They have it listed as on order so maybe ill look around for it somewhere else, what pinion is good for indoor/outdoor, indoor i dont have a whole lot of long streches, just hallway, but if it will turn out good power and speed(30 mph is probably acceptable)and how much are those batteries, will the stock battery run the brushless(i would also bu better ones but if an extra pack never hurts)whats the run time like, and i was looking at the intellipeak chargers from duratrax, like arounf 60 bucks, is that a good deal. Also any one stop place i can get all this, and avoid multiple shipping charges.
thanks'
Old 11-25-2005, 03:10 PM
jaejw1

towerhobbies.com has everything you need,, www.rcmart.com has other things you may want to upgrade to,, and also you can get an upgrade chassis if you really get serious www.aktionrc.com

you can check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com and create your own design for packs,, and yes a gp1100 pack is far superior to the regular nicd also run time will be about 7 minutes,, but since it is a direct drive ,, you can also look at the slower 5600kv mamba..
Old 11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Vertical3-D

just ordered the 8000, and some orion 5 cell 1200mah nimh packes(they were 12 buck each so no big if i dont like them)a hobbico quick field peack charger cuz i can use it for all my needs, i use lipos nicad and nimh, also two packs at once with selectable charcing rates, 50 bucks for that, but i forgot to order a pinion and need to know which one to use for an 8000 with the 5 cell 1200mah pack, and what runtime will be expected.
Thanks for all the help so far since I am kinda new to the micro scene'
Old 11-25-2005, 03:48 PM
jaejw1

because it is direct drive,, probably a 11t or a 10t make sure it isnt a plastic pinion..lol..

also the chassis upgrade on www.aktionrc.com in order to fit the chassis you will have to covert your car into an hpi micro rs4,,, it only costs about 20bux tops,,,

because the spur is pretty large,, your pinion needs to stay small since it has no internal gearing to reduce the final drive..

im currently using the older rs480 sleep chassis and am using a speed 480 motor with a 24t pinion... but it has the power/torque to turn the pinion... the smaller brushless willl need something way smaller.. but will be much faster and quicker.. best thing though it is 4wd... good luck,, if you have any more questions feel free or you could go to www.yourmicro.com or to www.one18th.com in addition to this forum
Old 11-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Vertical3-D

Alright, I think Ill hold off on the chassis for now, though I also ordered stiff front springs to help it out since i wont have many bumps to hit. Thanks again for all your help I'll let you know if I need any more help and check out those other sites. Ill also report on how the setup runs(I hope it seriously tears it up).

Thanks'