Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini LST Thread

Now that a few people have gotten there Mini LST I figured I would start a Thread for it.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 PM
R_man_5k

Default RE: Official Mini LST Thread

I got my MLST today for my birthday - such a cool wife. My son and I played with it tonight and I am impresed by its speed and suspension. When I first picked it up it was much heavier than I expected. So far I am very happy with it and expect to have tons of fun with it.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Bria1

Congrats on getting the Mini LST. I got to drive one at my LHS today. It is pretty quick and the steering was very responsive. I wish I could have taken it outside instead of just running inside the hobby shop, but hey, that was better than nothing.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:27 AM
revomlst

Ive had mine for a few days now(been posting pics about it, lol). i still havent broken a single part, and ive been jumping the heck out of this thing. The only thing that happend was a ball cup popped off after a hard collision with my garage wall. But it was simpily popped back on. So far i've added some blue springs from an x-cellerator, and added a small buggy like wing to the body. Soon i will be addin a center locking differential, so that the front and rear tires have the same power.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:55 PM
R_man_5k

what are you thinking for the center diff... It for sure needs to be locked or atleast may be heavier fluid... I have not taken anything apart yet to start making changes yet... But that will be the first area I go to.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
sikntired
My Feedback: (5)

W/ the center diff you can replace it w/ a ball bearing diff. for a mini T, or if you wanted to lock it you can use glue (something pretty strong!) or JB weld. Lube really wont due the trick as the diff itself was not meant to be a sealed lubed diff.!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:15 PM
R_man_5k

thanks... I plan to take some time tomorrow and get to know the internals of the MLST... I more than likely will drop in an extra ball diff that I have for the mini-t...
Old 11-27-2005, 05:19 PM
ZX9CRAZY
My Feedback: (23)

I used zap a dap a glue (same as shoe glue i think) on my center diff and it works very good now with fresh batery when i bounce the front end over a sharp bump I can get some wheelie action or if you dont mind spening money on new gears everyso often go reverse to forward and she will pull a mean one
Old 11-27-2005, 05:44 PM
oldshoolclod

let us know if the mini-t ballbearing diff is a straight drop-in as this was the first thing i want to change as soon as i get my mini lst.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
fordmaxxer

The center differential(center Gear box) in the Mini LST has ball bearings already(6 to be exact!!). Im soon ordering a center spool. It's all metal gears and is $12, well worth it. i'll have better traction for the front and rear, and ALOT less moving parts in the center gear box. Should mean alittle better top speed/acceleration
Old 11-27-2005, 09:06 PM
ArizonaRCaddict

My friend got one the 1st day our LHS got them in he took it out today and before I got there he had broken it. But that is because he jumped it and landed hard on the right wheel broke the arm.

I am thinking of getting one how fast do they go?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:16 PM
R_man_5k

I am going to check out the center spool too... See if the LHS has it in stock...

I have not checked the top speed with my GPS yet...wanted to get a through about 4 batt packs before I do that. But I am guessing close to 20mph. I will get a good GPS top speed tomorrow and will post it.

This evening we have beat the crap out of it and it has heald up great. Using pillows and toys in the living room we spent the eveing climbing up and jumping off my son's toddler couch. it was a great time! I could not believe how well it climbs and it is very stable durring the jumps.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'll add a post to this UNOFFICIAL thread or basically a few photos if anyone wants to compare sizes. The last one is of a Traxxas E-maxx and a MLST.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
skeeter g

I picked mine up friday and love it. I have run it in the house quite a bit and have had some seriously hard hits in to the walls and furniture and the only thing to happen to it so far is the steering ball cup pops off but just pop it back on and go back to it. I am impressed with everything about this truck. It is getting about 30 minutes of run time out of the stock battery and a little over an hour out of the Li-Po that I picked up for it.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am very happy with the mLST.... No complaints except for the center open diff which has been mentioned already. I haven't broken anything yet, except now it looks like 2 of the shocks are leaking fluid.

I have a Mamba Controller and Aon BL setup in the mail. I am sticking with a 6 cell niMH 1100 pack for now, I will let you all know how that goes. Since I have had this one, I haven't touched the other 1/18s... They seem a lot more like toys in comparison. This one feels like a professional hobby truck if that makes sense. I will probably let the MiniT and 18MT go now.

Guys have found that the TLT body fits on this guy and looks AWESOME! I don't like the radical body much, so I will go with a TLT body soon.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:39 PM
R_man_5k

skeeter g - what Li-Po pack are you useing?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple more comparison photos--one showing the Losi Mini-T this time. In order to adjust one of the rear wheels, I had to dremel one of the plastic ball cups which connect to the turnbuckles since it appears one of the wrong ends was shipped.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
the_skdster

Guess what?
I should have a mini-LST in my hands RIGHT NOW. 7:59pm
But I was stupid and went to get some McDonald's and got to the store 15mins after (6:15pm) it closed (6:15pm) [:@]
Had to pick up my brother from school, so that added to the lateness.
*goes to beat up 'lil bro*

now I have to drive bacl to the store tomorrow (takes my 1h) and spend the extra $10 on gas.
*wonders if it's a sign*
at first wanted to get the nintendo/mariokart bundle for $170+, then figured I'd get this instead. (249.99)
ALL PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN CURENCIES (no, duh)
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 PM
mikewoodkozar

where can you get it for 149?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 PM
the_skdster

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

where can you get it for 149?
whoops. meant to say 249. [&:] CND funds. srry. edited previous post.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:24 AM
skeeter g

I have a Dynamite Thunder Power Model number DYN1421 in it. It is 1900 Mah 7.4V for the Mini-T but it is a perfect fit for the Mini LST. I like the fit of this battery better than the stock battery.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 AM
R_man_5k

skeeter g - thanks.. that was the one I was looking at getting, now I can buy with confidence.

What charger do you use? I am thinking of getting this one - [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLC3005]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLC3005[/link]
Old 11-29-2005, 09:42 AM
the_skdster

ORIGINAL: skeeter g

I have a Dynamite Thunder Power Model number DYN1421 in it. It is 1900 Mah 7.4V for the Mini-T but it is a perfect fit for the Mini LST. I like the fit of this battery better than the stock battery.
what charger you using as well? gota pick me up a li-po charger soon, so...
and what is a decent li-po pack & charger going to cost me?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 PM
skeeter g

R_man_5k I am using the Duratrax Intellipeak Ice Charger. It works great for all types of batteries. It cost me $125 plus tax from my lhs which seems to be about what you are going to pay online with shipping. It is 12V only so I took a power supply for a computer that was rated for 350 watts and converted it to run the charger. It works like a champ. The charger has what seems like infinate adjustment on it to match what ever type of battery you are charging and it also has an accessory port for a temp prob which I have. It takes around 1.5 hours to charge my Li-Po. This charger has 10 different profiles/memories you can set up for different batteries which is great you set it up once and then you just choose the battery you are charging and everything is set. I can charge pretty much anything with it. I charge my rx and tx batteries with it which are NiMH. The battery that came with the Mini LST charges in about an hour and I also charge the NiCad batteries I have. I am even thinking of getting an 8 cell AA battery hold from Radio Shack and using it to charge the batteries for my TV remotes and my sons toys. This is a great all around charger and a great investment if you can swing the $125 for the charger and then come up with a power supply for it. Here is a link to it on Duratrax websight. http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4170.html
Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
fordmaxxer

Default RE: Mini LST Thread

I got a center locking spool on order from my LHS. Currently its on backorder, guessing they havent produced enough of them yet. Hope it comes soon!!!
Also, i have some stock wheel hex'es on order, cause for some reason mine must be molded wrong, cause two of my wheels, wobble really bad. i looked at the hex'es, and their warped. Hobby shop said i should contact losi, and get some free one's, lol. anyone else have this little problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.