Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Brushless rc18t

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
jigglebelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless rc18t

Would it be worth it to put a mamba competion x brushless system in an rc18t? What mods would you have to do to get it to fit, and how much speed would I get? Also, I heard that the gears strip fast with this system, is it true?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
mayhem272

Default RE: Brushless rc18t

yes the diffs will strip with that package
u can get about 60mph with 3cell lipos
i recomend the competition or lower
its too powerfull unless u like replaceing diffs alot! maybe if there wer aluminum diff sets it would do fine
Old 12-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Capgun_Slim

ORIGINAL: jigglebelly

Would it be worth it to put a mamba competion x brushless system in an rc18t? What mods would you have to do to get it to fit, and how much speed would I get? Also, I heard that the gears strip fast with this system, is it true?

You won't need any mods to fit it, it lines right up. As for the diff problem, there's 2 ways to go about it. I'm pretty sure all of the 18's are leaving the factory now with the little bit of movement in the diffs shimmed up. Mine was one of the 1st generation ones, and I had to shim the diffs myself. One thing to do is to take apart the diffs and super glue the "D" ring washer into place, then put the diff back together, then re-install, and tighten it all the way, then back it off counter-clockwise about 180 degrees as per manual. I've done this mod and it worked great! I have the 8000kv Mamba with a 3 cell Lipo and the modded stock diffs, and I have yet to strip them out. It's basically a useless 18T with this setup for anything except high speed street runs. But, that's what I was looking to do. I've gotten it up to 58mph. I'm using a 15t pinion with a 60 tooth spur. It is difficult to get it up to top speed without it loosing control and flipping, but you just have to keep trying, lol. The nice thing is, if I want to just bash or run a track, I just stick a modified brushed motor back in with stock ESC, 6-7 cell, and I'm off and running.

The other way is to purchase the aluminum or titanium diffs they make for them now. You can find them by doing a search or going on ebay and looking through several pages of parts for the 18T.

I agree with the above poster though, unless you want to see a little car reach freeway speeds, stick with a 5400kv or 6800kv Mamba setup. These are very versatile for track and bashing, without having to do anything to it. One thing I do recommend if you decide not to go Lipo battery, is you at least use a 7 cell pack with the 5400 or 6800. These brushless motors crave voltage!

Old 12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Firefreak373

well i do work in the hobbyshop here and we have 3 minis that come in all the time and none of them have stripped a sper or a diff yet and they all are runnin comp x 2 18ts and 1 mini t.