Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

motor question for my rc18t & B

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:19 PM
fasttmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor question for my rc18t & B

hi people. i run both my rc18's on the carpet for now till summer gets here. i run promatch 1100's. that is the highest we can run on our track to keep it fair for all the mini drivers. and we have to run the stock 370's motor. when the out door track is completed we will only have one rule no brushless so.....
need some help here. what motor should i go with? have been doing my homework, i think the best one is the baja right? would like some input to what you think AND have exprienced. thanks, Will
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Firefreak373

Default RE: motor question for my rc18t & B

ive not seen the baja but i know the raider modd motor screems
Old 12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
BassMan257

ORIGINAL: fasttmaxx

hi people. i run both my rc18's on the carpet for now till summer gets here. i run promatch 1100's. that is the highest we can run on our track to keep it fair for all the mini drivers. and we have to run the stock 370's motor. when the out door track is completed we will only have one rule no brushless so.....
need some help here. what motor should i go with? have been doing my homework, i think the best one is the baja right? would like some input to what you think AND have exprienced. thanks, Will

why not have a brushless class?[] thats what i want to know...

i mean, im not affilated with any place yet, but that sounds kind of... really restricting...

I say, if people have the money let them do it...

but to speak on your question... ive heard the reedy ones are good...

one thing i know for certan is... dont bother getting the kyosho hop up motor... only changes max speed 2 km per hour...

your going to have to get a new esc to up the motor... so i mean, it could end up costing as much, or close to as much as a brushles...

im not putting down your group or anything... but i just dont like the rules (i never was one to abide by so many [>:]...)
Old 12-08-2005, 06:52 PM
mayhem272

mod motors are cool
i just got the chubby motor by peak racing
meant for a mini t but my shop is willing to install it
i run stock packs and they are good for me
i have a 18b too pretty swwet car!
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mayhem272
i just got the chubby motor by peak racing
meant for a mini t
Actually, the Peak Racing Cubby Micro Mod Motor was for the HPI MRS4, but I do have one in my Losi Mini-T. Peak then later released the Raider "off-road" motor for the Mini-T.

http://www.peakmotors.com/Micro+moto...Micro+Modified
http://www.peakmotors.com/Micro+moto...Micro+Modified
Old 12-09-2005, 04:08 PM
fasttmaxx

yeah rules suck!! but the mighty mini' class was started this year for the kids mostly. and the people that wanted to learn to race carpet. that didn't have the money to run pan cars.$$$$$$$ well i fell in one of those groups not that have set the track record and got the hang of the mini's, everyone wants me to move up. so i don't domiate the mini class. i agree with them, some what. i've only been racing 2 months be they say i have the nack for it. and i'm i'm a good driver. if they say so! that why they want to keep it a stock class mosty do the unfutuniate. i don't have that kind of money for a ksg and batteries either so i have no choice to stay where i'm at. but last week i ran a friend car in the sportsman class and got to in the B main though. that was hard to run w/ 4 year old drivers they had bettter batteries cause i was only running practice packs in the 80X. but anyways the troughy race they are having for the mini's is new years eve! i will bring home a troughy, the 18B is the most domonate on the track right now and i'm the only one that runs one! there is 19 mini drivers and they all r gettting better.
yes the buggy is a cool little mini.