Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Going Brushless!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Brushless!

Ok guys, going to grab an MLST for myself, which brushless system do you guys like the best? So far, I've heard of people using the AON T2415-4900 and the Hyperion YC22, but I'm not sure which to go with ( I know where they're both in stock). I'm going to be running it on high end Nimh batteries (IB1200s) because I'm not a big fan of Lipos. So far I think I'm going to pick up the CAW hexes and slap on a new pair of 2.2 rims and tires - What else would you recommend? I'm not a newb, I just haven't been following all the threads about the MLST. Let me know what you think.
Alex
Old 12-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Going Brushless!

from what I have seen(I dont have the truck)but what people have been saying is the AON 4900 with a castle creations mamba 25 esc, [link]http://www.b-p-p.com[/link] has that combo, 135 I think and its free shipping,
Old 12-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Capgun_Slim

Personally I'm getting the YC-22 6000kv. It has about the same torque of the AON, but has a higher top end speed. I'm getting a ball diff for the center before installing the YC, so it will last. I think the only other thing needing to be beefed up are the driveshaft pinions, since their plastic. Everyone is waiting for the steel ones.

Too bad your not a fan of lipos, you're really missing out on some serious performance. But I do understand the pain in the ass it is to get into them. Thank god I had already done it a long time ago when I got into electric R/C planes.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 AM
zumzum5150
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Elmo6s,

You may wanna look up also the Tamiya TLT tire/wheel set. A buddy just slapped em on his MLST and it jumps real well as well as a 1ft gain over the stock wheels on top end speed. Bigger tires look better on a MLST .

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

So far I think I'm going to pick up the CAW hexes and slap on a new pair of 2.2 rims and tires - What else would you recommend? I'm not a newb, I just haven't been following all the threads about the MLST. Let me know what you think.
Alex
Old 12-11-2005, 11:20 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the caw hexs? anyone got a link? i tried to order new stock hexs but there sold out...
Old 12-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know - I think I'm going to skip this project - Boom Boom Batteries is coming out with a set of diff gears for the RC18T, so I'm going to drop a big brushless into that!