Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

My thoughts on my DTX Vendetta

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My thoughts on my DTX Vendetta

I have owned one for some time just didn't have a chance to get it out to the track. This past sunday I got to blast around our now rutted (new layout coming this weekend) 1/8th indoor nitro track. While the track might be smaller is size the jumps are quite large. I found it to handle extremely well with the things I did to it and it outperformed my expectations quite a bit. Only mods I had were the front K-Factory shocks and that was only because the stock front shocks leaked just sitting there, and I used IB1200 packs from www.cheapbatterypacks ($16.80 each), as well as using 15 awg wire throughout and Deans plugs.

Pros: Fast, agile, solid, always landed wheels down indicating good center of gravity, strong, and most importantly fun.

Cons: Stock shocks leak on mine (To which I added K-Factory Mini-T hard ano'd ones), stock 600mah NiCD pack is a huge joke.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: My thoughts on my DTX Vendetta

You are not kidding about those shocks... MQuake is 2x worse (8 total). I tried rebuilding them a good 3-4 times before I threw in the towel- and I am not a n00b by any means.

On the MQuake, I substituted 18T rear shocks. It was almost a direct replacement. All you do is screw the bottom threaded mount from the Quake to the 18t shaft, use the 18t bottom shock cup on it, and barely drill/file the top hole to fit the shock tower.

I am not sure if the Vendetta uses the same shocks, they look the same? if they do, its a HUGE performance difference for cheap. Shocks cost $10/pr at the LHS. You can even go the team route with threaded aluminum shock bodies if you want to.

Good review!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Dale Gribble

Shoot, I just checked on Tower, and the Quake/Vendetta have different part #s, and shaft lengths. Guess the 18T stuff would be trial and error on the Vendetta...

Hey BT, can we get some close up pics on the chassis and stuff? I still haven't seen one up close. I assumed it was a reworked quake, but looks like it has quite a few different parts.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
binaryterror

If you don't mind a bit of racing dust, I'll post a ton of pics, try to blow most of the dust off. In actuality I don't think any part of the MQ and Vendetta are shared short or electronics.

The way the shocks mount "inside" an arm pocket like a real 1/8th buggy make your choices limited. I have got the front K-Factory Mini-T for the fronts, and the LHS has the K-Factory Rears and I'll get those Tuesday. Duratrax missed the boat on the shocks for sure...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Dale Gribble

Racing dust = coolij. Don't gussy it up on our accounts.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
binaryterror

Here is it...as mentioned the Front shocks are not stock, they are K-Factory Mini-T front Hard Ano'd. This is aftera few times on the big 1/8th scale track and it is very rutted. Nothing is broken!!!!