Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

AON Mini LST Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:31 PM
baileysmicro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AON Mini LST Review

A lot of people are starting to upgrade to brushless setups for this truck and I figured that a 300 sized motor would be the way to go due to the size and weight . The Thrust Series AON 4900kv is the motor I used for the review, the motor is a rebuildable and works with the stock pinions. I started with the stock gear setup 54spur 23pinion and a gp 1100 6 cell pack and the Mamba 25 speedo with the latest firmware update.

First test acceleration was greatly improved over stock and top speed was 1-2 mph faster over stock motor ran 107F degrees, this same setup with a 2 cell thunder power 1320 acceleration was brutal smoked my first center diff switched out to the mini-t ball diff back in action, the top speed gain was another 1-2 mph with lipo with a 2 degree heat increase but there was so much wasted torque that I figured it was time to switch the gearing.

I installed the highest gear ratio that is available for the truck 50spur and a 25 pinion test 2...with the 6 cell acceleration was still just insane this motor has so much torque its unreal top speed was 5mph faster this time the motor was 125f degree after a 10 minute run time to try the lipo's, with the 2 cell I picked up another mph to make it 6mph faster than stock and once again the acceleration was superb as a matter a fact so good that this time on my second pack I blew out the front diff ring quick swap and back in business.

Test 3 I used the 3 cell Thunder Power 1320 the fit is tight but you can fit in the truck, I picked up only 2 more mph on topend but that is due to the limitation with the pinion gears the motor was running 143f with the 3 cell and acceleration once again A+.

During the test I ran on carpet, dirt, pavement and rock's there was not a surface that could bog the motor a real torque monster I picked up 5 minutes of run time with stock gearing and the stock pack over the twin insanes, if there was one thing I could change I would ask for a 6000kv + edition of this motor as I could never seem to get those crazy topspeeds with the gearing that is available.
Cogging was very minimal with the 6 cell and non-existent lipo although I did need the mamba link to get everything dialed in. This motor is really a basher's choice extended run times tons of acceleration silky smooth throttle and rebuildable for under 50$ it will be interesting when the center spool and metal diff gears come out it will be a wheelie machine until then if you install this motor have plenty of gears!! if you have any other questions please let me know. info on the motor can be found at

Info on the motor can be found at

http://www.aonelectric.com/
Old 12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
chambiec1

Default RE: AON Mini LST Review

Thanks for the review... can't wait to get my MLST. Only 2 more days!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:27 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

why not use a large 35 tooth pinion? I heard those can be bought somewhere.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Firefreak373

im gona o some research to see if robonson makes or will make pinions for small motors.