Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cheap Mini Quake performance mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Mini Quake performance mod

In plans to install an Intellect 1200 pack next week, last night I removed all of the stock 20ga motor, ESC and Duratrax 1100 battery wires and replaced it all with a 16ga wire. I also added Deans connectors for the battery connectors and hardwired the motor to the ESC.

I could NOT believe the performance increase. MUCH more then I expected. As a matter of fact, I could barely control it in my basement and broke a few parts in process. Proves that the wire is a choke point in the setup. It jumped higher, ran faster, and even the response seemed better.

Long as you can solder, and understand you can't keep the iron in one place for too long (especially on the cells) it is a VERY worthwhile effort. You will be surprised, probably as much as I was.

I bought some shrink wrap and 16ga black and red lead wire from Kragen/Checkers for about $8 all together. What are you waiting for?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
lostwithinme

Default RE: Cheap Mini Quake performance mod

Heya dale-man, this is is, Boomhowermaaan or how ever he talks.

i might do this to my mq.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:22 PM
cjg

Heavier wires and dean's plugs do make a difference - it did on all my vehicles.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Muscle2005

Did you have to solder dean wire to your current battery packs? I would like to do that to my Mini-Q also but I am a little worried about soldering on the current battery packs. I would hate to short them out and they explode or something. Plus I only have minimum experience with soldering. My work tends to be a littel sloppy.