Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

M-LST Brushless options

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 04:49 PM
wfdfiremedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M-LST Brushless options

I just purchased the M-LST and am looking to install a brushless system. What are the brushless package options available that can be installed with little in the way of making modifications? From reading the posts, it seems the Aon brushless system is the only one that can be done with the least amount of modification. Will any of the Maamba motors fit as well?

Thanks for the help,
Chris
Old 12-17-2005, 04:58 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Default RE: M-LST Brushless options

yes mamba might fit im not sure but i think that there are 370 size screw mounting holes in the mamba but go for to AON theres more torque in it and it wont run as hot
Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM
USABaja5B

The AON was very easy. Slid right in. I used the CAW single motor plate, but you don't have to. Just stick a label over teh second motor holes.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Capgun_Slim

The Hyperion YC-22 series work great too from what was tested. I think it's a better performing motor than the AON, but that's just my opinion. The YC-22 6000kv has about the same torque as the AON but has a higher top end.

BTW: Don't anybody flame me for saying my opinion on the AON motor. I think it's a great motor, but I just want a little more speed than 28mph with a 3 cell Lipo.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
USABaja5B

It depends what you are looking for. At 33 mph, this thing is squirly. Remember its a 4 wheel monster truck, not a low to the gorund Mini-T.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:41 AM
BoostedVR4

ORIGINAL: Capgun_Slim

The Hyperion YC-22 series work great too from what was tested. I think it's a better performing motor than the AON, but that's just my opinion. The YC-22 6000kv has about the same torque as the AON but has a higher top end.
Gotta link for any info or testing? Was looking around and couldn't find anything. I've done a good bit of reading on the Mamba and AON, I would also like to consider this one.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Capgun_Slim

Well, unfortunately I can't send you a link, because the video is on another board. There is a video though of the MLST with the Hyperion 6000kv and a 7 cell. The street he was on was a bit wet and slick so he didn't look like he was able to fully hook up, but it was fast. A 3 cell Lipo will make this thing like a rocket, from the looks of what the 7 cell was making it do. I'll try to send you the link in a PM if I'm allowed.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

I saw a Warp 4 2 turn motor and the website said they reccomended it for the Half 8 and the Mini Quake. Would this work for the MLST better than the Hyperion?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Capgun_Slim

I spoke with the guy there that does all the mini brushless testing, when I was buying the Hyperion. He said the MLST would need a lot of mod work done to fit that motor. He went into specifics, and it sounded like way too much work for what the end result would produce. He also added, "It's not worth it."

It sure makes that Mini Giant wake right up though, huh? That video is unreal...
It almost makes me want to buy a Mini Giant.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:46 AM
SourMilk

can you put 2 brushless in a mlst i now its a stipid thing to ask
Old 01-19-2006, 12:18 AM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

yes there is a guy on one18th that is running a twin brushless in his mlst
Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

ORIGINAL: Capgun_Slim

BTW: Don't anybody flame me for saying my opinion on the AON motor. I think it's a great motor, but I just want a little more speed than 28mph with a 3 cell Lipo.
Wrong. The AON has better torque, the YC-22 is still really torquey, and the Hyperion has higher top end.