Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Project Mini Giant!!!

Old 12-18-2005, 09:23 PM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Mini Giant!!!

Hey guys! Im starting a project truck and im not exactly sure what i should do. Its the Venom Racing Mini giant and it has some mods so far but no where near what i want it to be. I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on what i should do. I think brushless is next but after that i dont know what i should add.

http://www.deansmeanmachines.com/Minigiant.html

thanks
Jason Burke
Old 12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Project Mini Giant!!!

The only thing I've down to my VMG is dump that stock body and install the upgraded motor and bearings.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM
cornelje

It depends on how far you want to go with it. Brushless would be awesome, and it will fly, but you have to remember that the vmg isn't stable at high speeds. Most guys turn them into a crawler, which is cool, but I prefer a trail truck. Due to lack of funds/2 vmg's lying around/boredom, I have conjured up my mini giant. Twin motors and trannys, aluminum chassis, and front mounted servo. I have a strech kit, but havent got around to lengthening the driveshafts. Took some work, but it was worth it.

You can check it out http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery8452.htm
Old 12-19-2005, 09:55 PM
MaximuM*AltitudE

My Mini Giant is setup with a Tekin Mini Rage Brushless and the AON 300 motor with a 12 tooth pinion and it will pull up in a wheelie while cruisin' half speed. A lot of torque in this setup, I really need a wheelie bar.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 PM
wesley_huddleston1

i plan on doing a brushless after i fix this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74574.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	386994  
Old 01-14-2006, 10:40 AM
cornelje

Get some bearings!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 04:23 PM
wesley_huddleston1

i already ordered them
Old 02-07-2006, 03:09 AM
justinspeed79

ORIGINAL: nitroguy123

Hey guys! Im starting a project truck and im not exactly sure what i should do. Its the Venom Racing Mini giant and it has some mods so far but no where near what i want it to be. I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on what i should do. I think brushless is next but after that i dont know what i should add.

http://www.deansmeanmachines.com/Minigiant.html

thanks
Jason Burke
Hey Jason, did a search for deans to see if it was still there, all I found was this, so I guess it's not. Too bad it didn't work out, but it was fun for a very little while. In my opinion, the best mod for that Mini Giant would be to trade it for a RC18MT hehehehe....J/K. See you around man, best of luck to you.

Tigger N. Bennie, It's pretty ironic that you just happen to be in this thread. I'm the guy that pm'ed you a couple months ago to compliment you on your collection. I was going to post some pics of my pets in that thread you started, but I can't find the disk with the pics on it. The only one I have now is of my sisters cat with my RS4. I have a bunch of other pet pics, but not with r/c's. How are Tigger and Bennie doing these days? I hope you are all good![8D]
Old 02-07-2006, 03:13 AM
justinspeed79

Sorry for the double post guys, I wanted to be notified on this thread, so I needed to re-post.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: justinspeed79
Tigger N. Bennie, It's pretty ironic that you just happen to be in this thread. I'm the guy that pm'ed you a couple months ago to compliment you on your collection. I was going to post some pics of my pets in that thread you started, but I can't find the disk with the pics on it. The only one I have now is of my sisters cat with my RS4. I have a bunch of other pet pics, but not with r/c's. How are Tigger and Bennie doing these days? I hope you are all good![8D]
That thread needs a few new photos since there is currently more text than photos at the end of the thread. [] And the boys are good or have been good, lately, though someone did knock down an 1/8th scale buggy a while back. I do have a good idea as to which one. Later, I got out one of the tanks.

By the way, I did upgrade the VMG with the optional battery pack. It may even get some exercise when the new indoor offroad track opens.