Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Rc18mt has REPROVEN itself to me! And then it comitts suicide again.......

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Rc18mt has REPROVEN itself to me! And then it comitts suicide again.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc18mt has REPROVEN itself to me! And then it comitts suicide again.......

Ok as some of you may know, I absolutly hate my rc18mt because its been headache city. But now, after replacing the whole tyranny, and motor and other misc stuff, I finally got it working again! Im using it in 2wd and I was so happy when I pulled the trigger and both rear wheels turned perfectly and spun without any loud cracking noises or anything else. Oh the smile was so big on my face. Then, of course, there wouldnt be a point of this thread unless there was a problem so I put the truck on the ground and give start driving around. Try to turn to the left and the front wheels dont turn at all. But I turn to the right and it turns perfectly but then the servo doesnt recenter itself so the wheels are stuck turned right and I have to turn left to recenter them. I never had any head on collisions so I dont see how the servo could have stripped but that can be the only thing I can think of. Also all the steering screws are in tight so its not a loose screw as the problem. Im really confused because I dont see how the servo could just die out from it not being used.

But on the other bright side, my rc18mt is now a rc18tc. Its got about 0.4 inches of ride height and as soon as my foam tires get here its gonna be set. Then I just gotta find a tc body to fit it and Im going to be set. I guess thats going to be the hardest part because I dont know how I can shorten the a-arms so I guess its going to be a rally car. This thing was never any good off-road anyway. Its so much more fun driving on-road where you dont have to worry about dirt in the gears every 20 seconds!

So can you please help me solve this stupid steering problem so my 18mt is back in running order (after about 5 months!).
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
lil_man_maas

Default RE: Rc18mt has REPROVEN itself to me! And then it comitts suicide again.......

Is your servo saver centered?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:54 PM
itspuddingtime00

Default RE: Rc18mt has REPROVEN itself to me! And then it comitts suicide again.......

That servo saver is a POS. I ditched mine and got a HS 81MG. I'm just running with the horn right now, and its holding up fine.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: lil_man_maas

Is your servo saver centered?
Yes it just seems that the servo doesnt have enough torque to recenter itself. That really painted a *** face on me. Thats the only problem I can think of. There is no unecessary binding in the steering system so it just has to be the servo. I think its strange though how all of a sudden it just stops working. I guess I have to search tower for a good servo now.

If thats not the problem then I really dont know what is. Luckily Christmas is right around the corner so I should be able to get my hands on some paypa so I can get the best and not have to worry about upgrading again. Any other ideas of what I should get for onroad tires for asphalt and concrete? I plan on getting a high speed servo and smaller tires. I think its going to be much better as an onrooad car than a mt (mt, hahahahah good joke AE). Thanks in advance for helping guys.

And pudding are you talking about this servo? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN678&P=7

It looks like its much better than stock by looking at the specs.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:20 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

That's the one.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:25 AM
lil_man_maas

Thats a good price and its hitec so you know it will be good!