Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18T steering problem

Old 02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Valve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18T steering problem

I just recently bought an RC18T Factory Team kit. I just installed an HS-56 servo into it, but I'm having problems. The screw holding the steering drag ling to the servo saver bellcrank is hitting the top of the servo case, limiting the steering. Does anyone know a fix for this, or is it normal? It seems like the wheels should turn a lot more. Thanks for any help.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78757.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	401941  
Old 02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RC18T steering problem

I run this servo and noticed the same thing. You can do one of two things that i know of. You and either ground down the case a little and try not to go too deep. Or I've even hear of some people taking a hs-55 case and putting the karbonite gears from the 65 in the 55 case. I dont worry about it personally i just bash so the loss of steering isnt that much that im concerned. Hope one of them works for ya
Old 02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
mariodx3

I know my dose the same thing.. Also make a buzzing sound . I just left it that way and run the hell out of it.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2006, 08:47 PM
speedygonzales

same here dont care just bash
Old 02-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Valve

I cut a little off the drag link to allow the screw to come in more. It now clears the servo and I have 100% steering. I would have let it go, but I'm dropping a lot of money into this little thing and I'd like it to perform at its best. I have a Mamba Competition X coming in the mail soon. I would have it already if Tower didn't screw up my order and send me the wrong Mamba package. I'll get some pics when I'm done, I think you guys will like what I did with the body.