Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:03 PM
xilix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16, 1/18 scale Nitro Off road, I DON'T GET IT!!!!???

Guys, who cares? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. I see these threads all the time: "what are they thinking? Oh nooo! Please don't make that product!". If you don't like it, then excercise your right as a consumor to use your opinion, and don't buy it! Not everyone uses small scale vehicles for the same reasons. Some of us actually pull our dresses up and go outside in cold weather, and aren't afraid to get our R/C's wet.

Does it REALLY bother people that 1/16 and 1/18 scale is going nitro? Is it going to ruin your day when you see a mini-nitro in the LHS window?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
marshman

well said mate
Old 04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
drksyd

ORIGINAL: xilix

Guys, who cares? If you don't like it, then don't buy it. I see these threads all the time: "what are they thinking? Oh nooo! Please don't make that product!". If you don't like it, then excercise your right as a consumor to use your opinion, and don't buy it! Not everyone uses small scale vehicles for the same reasons. Some of us actually pull our dresses up and go outside in cold weather, and aren't afraid to get our R/C's wet.

Does it REALLY bother people that 1/16 and 1/18 scale is going nitro? Is it going to ruin your day when you see a mini-nitro in the LHS window?

BAM! That's what it's all about. Everyone has their own taste/reason/preference and that's the bottom line.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
JBDirt

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

like , come to think of it, this is the future where everything is minaturized...more defined manufacturing processes making ever more precise parts , and its only a matter of time before they make a really small engine... its not limited to computer chips!

Look up "nanomachines" or "mems devices" in your favorite search engine and you would be amazed at how "big" smaller technology is becomming. I've seen microscopic photos of real working steam engines, that work on just few molecules of H2O.

I think that being able to miniturize nitros, even down to 1/36 scale would be sweet. Yes, Impractical, but nonetheless a niche hobby that would be very interesting and would only help the other larger scales down the road with improved manufacturing processes and research into new composites, etc.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Mr. Mugen

right on man! People should quit bashing their heads off the wall over something they don't like! SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO you electric is faster.....who cares! If you dont buy it-don't bash it! TALK ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HAVE WOW
Old 04-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I happen to be a collector of small and large RC. I have the Kyosho Mini Z Formula Boats and I have the Kyosho Mini Z Mad Force Monster truck that I pull the Kyosho boats with I have the classic Micro RS4 that is hopped up all the way before brushless came out. I have the X-Ray M18 that is hopped up with brushless. I have the Kyosho Half 8 that is hopped up with brushless. I have the Associated RC18MT that is still pretty much stock because it is already super fast out of the box. I even have one of those crappy Kyosho Mini Z cars. But now I really would like one of these Mini Nitro Buggies. Could one of you please help me find a link to a fairly cheap one. I would appreciate it.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:48 PM
xilix

As far as I know, you're lucky if you can find one for under $250. I've seen them on E-bay for around $230-$250. You might get lucky and find one if you hunt around a bit. You can get a 1/16 RTR nitro buggy here for $279.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/internet...cnibureto.html

To be honest, I think these are over-priced, but I guess that's the way it is for all of these new designs.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:07 PM
mycarisaser

One reason they are selling 1/18 scale nitros is b/c I know more than a few people that feel that electric is crap and they wont drive anything but a nitro (I love out running them with my brushless xxx-t mf2). I guess it goes both ways b/c I know people that hate nitro too. I and a die hard electric fan but my first mt was a t-maxx(but I did convert it to an e-maxx after my brother ruined the motor one weeked)
Old 04-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Wheelnut

xilix, thanks for the link, Anyone else?? I would reall appreciate it if you guys would keep your eyes appeal and let me know if you find a good deal. I am subscribed to this thread and will know if you post. I think they are really cool and really just want to play with it for a while and put it on my collection shelf.
Thanks again
Old 04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
m8a1r22t

End the end, I know the hobbie will go pretty much all the way to electric because there is only so much more they can do to make gas faster but they are just scratching the surface of electric.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Wheelnut

I have to admit, I love both. I love electric for the reliability and its clean. But I love nitro for the realism, the sound and the smell and the fact that there is a cool little engine producing all that power. I think electric and nitro both have a place in the hobby.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:28 AM
blackhawk444
My Feedback: (1)

I would get a nitro because you don't have to worry about batteries and chargers. You just drop in the fuel and run. Also you get to tune and take care of the engine, which I actually think is cool. I like electric and nitro. I am completely open to both. A few months ago I would have said that the 1/16 nitro is stupid but now I realize that it is a cool idea. Mine should be here in a few days..
Old 07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
bspate

ORIGINAL: blackhawk444

I would get a nitro because you don't have to worry about batteries and chargers. You just drop in the fuel and run.
WOW!! I have a nitro 1/8 buggy, but for some reason I still have to use a battery to power my receiver and servos!! I also have to charge that battery............could you please tell me how you have made this great discovery to just use fuel to run your nitro car, and no batteries?? I can't believe you have been keeping this secret from the whole RC world!!

/sarcasm

I have two nitro cars and two electrics........I love nitro, but it is so much more of a hassle in running and maintenance than electric.

- bspate -
Old 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
blackhawk444
My Feedback: (1)

Haha knew somebody would respond with an answer like that. The RX pack uses AAA's. No charger or maintenance.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:14 AM
huw4027

Unless you use rechargeable AAA's for example GP750mah -nimh ones.
Speaking about batteries i have been using the same 4 -energiser AAA's for the
last 20 t0 25 tanks and they still have juice in them.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess this thread is a month old but I'd like to add something.

Last year I did some work on a Norvel .061 diesel-powered RC18T and got it to run. It was fun but my clutch kept falling apart. But I'm hooked....

Thing is, these nitro micro's are PORTABLE. Everything including my airplane starter, 12V batt, truck, tx, fuel, parts, (and glow starter if you run nitro), all fit into a backpack. I think I am going to get the NT18T later on, and get a pullstart motor for it. Then I will be able to just throw my micro truck with tx, fuel, and parts in there. With space for books, hookah, whatever. I could run where no electric users could go, because there might not be an electric plug. RX batteries? I'd run a 4-cell 900mah AAA pack and keep four AAA dry cell spares. Glow starter? Just bring another C battery. Or I could just throw it in a gym bag I keep behind the seat of my car. The most fun you could have in a simple package: no chargers, cables wires overheating blah blah blah. And you can run it when it rains.

How many high-dollar LiPo battery packs would you need to carry to make up for a quart of fuel in a micro? How many POUNDS of LiPo would you need to carry on your back? [8D]