Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Acme NB16 IRC Vulcan: What happened?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
gasrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acme NB16 IRC Vulcan: What happened?

I must hace dozed off. The hole 1/16 nitro buggy thing just came to my attention this week. First I found out about the Miwi, then the Vulcan, then the NB16. When I saw the Miwi, I was like, "I must have it!!!" But only found it in Poland, so I looked around and came across the Vulcan. I saw the price and istantly got turned off. $280 plus like $40 shipping!!! No way, not for something like that. Then I was hipped to the NB16, which is the exact same car being aquired for a reasonable price between $150-$200. This, however was between early January and late February. Now they are extinct for that price. I called a place in Canada, they wanted $300 Candian. I'm not even going to mention what UK stores are selling them for. I found one place in Hong Kong selling it without radio for $160 USD, but now I it doesn't show up on their site anymore. How can I get one without selling my left.......arm? Are they available anywhere for a reasonable price, or is $280 (plus outragious S&H) now the minimum?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM
lil_man_maas

Default RE: Acme NB16 IRC Vulcan: What happened?

Well I must still be sleeping I have no clue what so ever about what you are talking about!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: lil_man_maas

Well I must still be sleeping I have no clue what so ever about what you are talking about!
Cliff Notes:
I want a 1/16 nitro buggy RTR (like the Acme NB16) for under $200, like the lucky few that bought them earlier this year.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gasrc
but now I it doesn't show up on their site anymore. How can I get one without selling my left.......arm? Are they available anywhere for a reasonable price, or is $280 (plus outragious S&H) now the minimum?
I actually went into that a little bit on the other thread. Retailers are supposed to sell products at a certain price and if they don't, they can loose their distributership. That is why a "few" buggies were sold cheap and why they are not being sold that cheap anymore. By the way, there are new outdrives out now and an all metal outdrive in the works. I picked up a set of the newer outdrives tonight. It's also my understanding that the Acme version won't have an SE model like IRC. However, there are always option parts.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 AM
acsubie

TNB, could you post a pic of those newer outdrives? currently im using the kyosho blue alloy ones linked to the kyosho ST sealed diffs, very smooth...i also got the tuned pipe and alloy pipe installed, just need the 2speed and im done..well it still needs to be fully broken in, to darn cold

btw try rcmart and rcunion for the ARTR version of the vulcan for about 160
Old 03-24-2006, 11:22 AM
gasrc

I'm not so wild about the SE version. It looks like a bunch of heavy aluminum that I would never put on any of my cars or trucks were it wasn't necessary. Only think I would like aluminum are the chassis, eingine mounts, flywheel, shock bodies, manifold, and exhaust pipe. I'd like everthing else to be high quality plastics. I think I saw plastic diff gears. I would prefer steel in that area. In any case, I'll either wait to find a one of the under priced ones or find one gently used. It's just not worth $280...not even the SE version,. It's just not equipped well enough for that much money. I'll just be driving in the street, and such. If I were going to race with it a few times per month, then I would just give up the cash....still believing I paid too much.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: acsubie

It was rcmart that I found the ARTR. I emailed them. They are out of stock right now. I asked them how much it would be to ship to my zipcode, they said "Since the shipping cost is depended on the size, weight of the parcel and the shipping method you have chosen, it is difficult for us to tell you the answer." [sm=surprised.gif] How difficult is it? I gave them the zipcode. Oh well, pit bikes have caught my attention as of late anyway. My Revos, Savage, Hyper 7 and other 5 cars will have to suffice....BUT I WANNA MINI. I guess if you wanna play, ya gotta pay.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:28 PM
TheLinkster

They have em at my LHS heres a [link=http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=IRC16500&type=store]*Link*[/link] Shipping should be cheaper since its in the USA. BTW last month they were on sale! So I guess u kinda missed out on $250 VS $280.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:03 PM
IrishPirate

Might want to check this out...

[link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_887_893&products_id=17701]Yeah....[/link]
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

TNB, could you post a pic of those newer outdrives? currently im using the kyosho blue alloy ones linked to the kyosho ST sealed diffs, very smooth...i also got the tuned pipe and alloy pipe installed, just need the 2speed and im done..well it still needs to be fully broken in, to darn cold

I don't have time right now since I am getting ready to leave but basically, it is the plastic outdrive with a metal band around it. It is my understanding that an all metal outdrive will be released; however, it has been delayed. Done? I guess you don't plan to install the upgrade engine.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
rockdragon

ORIGINAL: gasrc

It was rcmart that I found the ARTR. I emailed them. They are out of stock right now. I asked them how much it would be to ship to my zipcode, they said "Since the shipping cost is depended on the size, weight of the parcel and the shipping method you have chosen, it is difficult for us to tell you the answer." [sm=surprised.gif] How difficult is it? I gave them the zipcode. Oh well, pit bikes have caught my attention as of late anyway. My Revos, Savage, Hyper 7 and other 5 cars will have to suffice....BUT I WANNA MINI. I guess if you wanna play, ya gotta pay.

Why not try shooting an e-mail to this guy ... [link=http://waigohobby.com/products/product.php?brand=NB16&name=NB16]HERE[/link] ... They are people who handle all stock of the NB-16 to all HKG dealers. I also went to this shop just yesterday and saw some are on shelf. Hope this will help you.

[8D]
Old 03-25-2006, 02:12 AM
nedMX

RCMART have them for $170.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=17701

but you probably already know that.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:13 AM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

or you might want ti wait for the niro mini inferno and check out the video.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
RiseAgainst017

the one at rcmart is rtr it even says its an rtr. i am getting it right when i get the money im almost 13 and i have an emaxx and the acme/irc condor pro im broke right now
Old 04-18-2006, 10:30 PM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: caboose_017

the one at rcmart is rtr it even says its an rtr. i am getting it right when i get the money im almost 13 and i have an emaxx and the acme/irc condor pro im broke right now
[link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_887_893&products_id=17701]THIS ONE[/link]...that one that is $170, is ARR, not RTR.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: savagehead

or you might want ti wait for the niro mini inferno and check out the video.
How much is it expected to cost?
When is it comming out?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

When I spoke to one of the factory guys a couple of weeks ago, he informed me that the nitro version was a longs ways off (whatever than means).
Old 04-19-2006, 01:44 AM
DownStroke

I've seen two of these come back with serious drivetrain damage and a third with a fatal engine problem, all of which occured after burning less than a tank of fuel - these weren't rookie nitro guys either. My advice will be to stay away from this car until they sort out what appears to be a wide range of issues.