Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cen Mini Madness thread

Old 04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Mini Madness thread

It'll flip from a standing start with a 27 turn modified in it. I can't keep the front wheels down with a 21d, and when i fit the 15d all hell should break loose. Even now, when i punch it from a standing start it'll roll backwards onto the front, nearly completing a full somersault.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:32 AM
rc monkey

does anybody know if ther standard esc(200) could handle a quad mag?
Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
mhallerbach

I just noticed that my Mini Madness came stock with the ESC 300(says it right on it) Speed Controller. I bought it early April. Is CEN shipping these with the upgrades ESC now, possibly to boost sales.

I like the truck, but I find the specialized parts availablility sucks on this truck due to lack of popularity. I deal with Ultimate Hobbies, which is a huge LHS, but they know nothing about the truck, tell me that if I want any part, it needs to be special ordered(Even something as standard as shocks), and I tried to buy a second Mini Madness from them the other day, but they only had one in stoick(May have even been one I returned a few weeks prior due to being DOA) which was the same freq and color as my son's and they told me they would not order any more until they sold the one. I was getting ready to by it anyways, and buy different crystals, and then I got mad due to their lack of interest and walked out.

So what ESC do you all have. and ehner did you buy your Mini Madness?

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

does anybody know if ther standard esc(200) could handle a quad mag?
Old 04-25-2006, 03:59 PM
rc monkey

Iv got no esc at the moment but im saving up for a reedy quad mag (19t) and a sutible esc (any ideas?) - that should be madness

Mine came with the esc 200
Old 04-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Lilredmachine

Mine came with the 200, which soon roasted, affording me the opportunity to stick the unlimited traxxas speedo in. FYI I'm also running a 15d now, absolutely insane [>:] true madness, the diff is holding up nicely.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 PM
cole2357

I just put a novak ss5400 and ss brushless esc in mine. Steering servo is weak and keeps popping off. THe brushless is insane power though. I need to find a way to make it turn better...Who's using different front steering setup? What's working?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Lilredmachine

I'm using a Hitech 422 servo in mine, the same servo i use in my 1/8th buggy. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:56 AM
rc monkey

Hey Lilredmachine, what happened your esc - did it stink?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Lilredmachine

Yeah, it just smelt a bit funny. When I was prizing it out of the truck from it's sticky pad, I accidentally pulled the top off, no (further) damage done to the speedo, but it allowed me to see the little burnt patch on the PCB. It would still work fine going forwards, but going into reverse would cause it to carry on forwards. I believe the bit that got fried was the bit that reversed the polarity for reverse.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
rc monkey

I made a skid plate for the bottem of my madness
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88321.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	451458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74641.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	451459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62282.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	451460  
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
RS4rallydriver

Nice skid plate monkey. I wish I could make some aluminum parts for my car. (rs4 rally) I just crashed it at about 45 mph and can't find parts for it anywhere.[]

so now that we have established that it would do back flips from a standing start, what do you guys think top end speed would be like?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Lilredmachine

How fast do you want it to go? If you were to stick a Novak B/L system in it...

I reckon with the right gearing and a 12d, 40+ is possible.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
mhallerbach

I'm thinking a small Wheelie bar would be nice, since my son thinks its hilarious flipping it over all the time on the street, so it is getting really beat up. Obviously, ones not available, but a guy at my LHS said alot of people make them out of door hinges, but I don't know the best way to do it. I would also like to put a nice metal aftermarket bumper on the front and back(The plastice chrome painted plastic ones suck) but not sure what would fit or what I could use.

I guess I was lucky to get an ESC300 with my mini Madness stock.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
rc monkey

My skid plate wasnt anything special. I used 2 tools: needle nose pliers + drill

im planning on makeing a wheelie bar + bolting on the back of the skid plate

Iv just stripped the servo[&o] - driving at night and mistaking the car for a cat - was "controlling" the cat + the madness hit a wall at top speed - theres no hope
Old 04-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Lilredmachine

lol, i stripped the servo on mine by tapping a wall in my house, and not getting off the power quick enough. The motor just pushed it into the wall and bent the steering round.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
rc monkey

yeah that was what hapened to me

do you no if all plastic geared servos strip as easily?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
mhallerbach

I think a metal gear servo is a must on this vehicle - (Ratsass refers to one up above that seems good), as well as oil shocks. I just did a warranty exchange with CEN on the stock servo due to the servo stripping(CEN is a mile from my house, so I just walk in). I think those 2 items should improve steering, along with possibly smaller tires .

I like this truck for what it is, an inexpensive "real"(not Toys-R-Us) RC car, but I think it is not that durable. I have had mine(actually my son's) for 3 weeks, and I have had:

1st vehicle DOA out of box - returned
replaced servo under warranty
replaced slipper gear under warranty

I was getting ready to buy a second one to race with him, but I think I am going to go with an AE RC1*MT or Duratrax Vendetta instead - They just seem to be more durable, and parts are easier to get(both stock and upgrade).

Old 04-27-2006, 02:30 PM
RS4rallydriver

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

How fast do you want it to go? If you were to stick a Novak B/L system in it...

I reckon with the right gearing and a 12d, 40+ is possible.
Yeah, that is exactly what I mean. I have a 5.5 that I am curious to try. only thing is I don't have a M.M. yet. think top end would be past 50? it's such a small light truck.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:50 AM
RC Sid

i am about to buy a mini madness from england and taking it far away where there are no hobby shops what spares should i buy with the car and what usually goes wrong
Old 06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
xXMAGIKXx

If your local hobby store dosn't carry parts for the mini madness you can find everything on this website- www.customrccars.com This is where I get my parts from.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 AM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

Here's a body idea. Mini Cooper! I saw an article in Jan 2006 issue of RC Car Action about the PTI Goliath and it was modde with a Mini Cooper body. I bought the body for the Madness and what do you know, it fits. It looks great to me sitting high on those 4 fat tires. I also put 60 mm touring car shocks from 3Racing. I have another set from a companuy here in Germany called Carson. the 3Racing have the better ones because the springs are stiff. I will post a pic when I get off from work in the morning. I painted the body red and white and decaled the heck out of it. I recently had to replaced the left rear lower suspension arm and servo due to a head on collision @full blast with a curb. I have a Trinity Caliber 10T with an LRP AI ESC geared @16/84. I was really putting the power down until a glitch. I rebuilt the truck after the crash by also installing turn buckles in the rear and I have ordered Road Rage tires and some gunmetal HPI Wheels. I like the truck more than I thought I would and for the $80.00 I paid off of EBAY it was a steal. Bone stock I jumped it off of 8 steps and it never missed a beat (concrete). When you have a wet street(not soaking) this truck is totally fun drifting and sliding and it rarely turns over. The skate park is next!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Seek and Destroy

how do you guys like the mini madness?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 PM
xXMAGIKXx

Hey reedthis1 what kind of rims did u get from HPI? Cuz I didn't know that their rims had the hex and the pin to mount them.

xXMAGIKXx
Old 06-19-2006, 12:50 PM
-Inverted-

The Mini Madness accepts any rim with a 12mm hex, it uses alot of equipment you would find on a 1/10.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:47 PM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

That's right 12mm. The new rims I bought have not arrived yet but they are HPI Spikes. They look cool on the pics.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.