Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cen Mini Madness thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:17 AM
xXMAGIKXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Mini Madness thread

Yeah I saw those spike rims at my hobby store, I think I might have to get myself a set of them!! Well I recently put in a Hitec 422 servo it my mini madness, and when I want the truck to turn left the servo will turn the wheels to the right. Any ideas why this is happening?

xXMAGIKXx
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 AM
-Inverted-

Check that your servo connector isn't plugged into the wrong slot in the reciever, also check servo reversing if your radio has it.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
xXMAGIKXx

I had to change the servo reverse on my radio. Now everything works fine.

xXMAGIKXx
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 PM
-Inverted-

I had to change the servo reverse on my radio. Now everything works fine.
It's the simple things that get ya! Last time I ran my MLST I thought I had stripped the gears, in reality I just got a strand of grass wrapped tightly around tha hub that allowed it to not function. I "should" have taken off the tires before I decided to diss-assemble the entire truck....
Old 06-22-2006, 01:48 PM
xXMAGIKXx

I'm going to get a brushless system for my mini madness. But should I get the novak 7.5R, super sport plus, or the super stock. I am going to race my mini madness in parking lot races against 1/10 stadium trucks. So I don't want like instant wheelies but I don't want to be slow either. I'm leaning more towards the super sport plus. Any ideas?

xXMAGIKXx
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM
-Inverted-

I'm leaning more towards the super sport plus. Any ideas?
The super sport plus on 7 cells will be just as fast as the GTB 7.5 on 6 cells. You can get the super sport for $160 from Novak. It's refurbished but it works great, definately a good deal.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:05 AM
ace007

I have had my mini madness for about 3 weeks now and i must say it is a awesome little electric mt.When i got mine i also picked up a 3000mah battery to go with the 1800 and there is a huge difference run the 2 different packs.Out of the box and with the 3000 pack it did 18mph 3 times in a row.wow I have done the full bearing upgrade when i finally got them(there is a extra bearing in the manual that shouldn't be there)doing that made a huge difference now it hits 20mph. My next plan of attack is to put in my 5000kv 540bl system in it which i already know is going to be wicked.My only issue is the camber on all wheels are aiming in towards the truck and apparently there is no upgrade kit for this.So i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if/how they fixed it mine is pretty bad it's riding on the inside part of the tires which seem to be wearing out fast.Thanks for any all help.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:33 AM
rc monkey

Anybody know if [link=http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=19162]these[/link] wheels/tires would fit the mm?

thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
rc monkey

What speed do you think it would hit with a 15t motor?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
khalsans
My Feedback: (7)

I have a mini madness with an esc 300. The esc is not working and is giving me an error code with the blinking LEDs . Can't find any info on error codes! I asked CEN about that and if I can get my esc 300 repaired. They pretty much blew me off. Too bad - the esc 300 is modular - the FETS unplug from the computer section, so it should be easy to pop in the a new FET section. Anyone ever had any luck getting help from CEN?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:47 AM
boode_91

saw one at ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
is this cheap???
Old 08-05-2006, 02:25 PM
rc monkey

if you got it for $19.99 then yes but if you get it for $89.99 your not saving alot
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM
rc monkey

Has anybody done any upgrades to theirs yet?

My 11t esc should be here 2morrow along with a cheapo 17t motor to wet my appetite untill i get enough money for a 11t[>:]
Old 10-14-2006, 04:28 PM
farknben

Hi you all. I really want a MM. Anybody know the cheapest place to get one online? My lhs dont carry them. They would order me one but the owner seems hesitant for some reason.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:31 PM
-Inverted-

eBay.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:53 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

i dont know about more expensive or cheaper but this is the factory store for cen basically [link=http://www.minirccar.com/]http://www.minirccar.com/[/link] they carry everything and if im not mistaken the full line of parts as well
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 PM
rc monkey

My esc still isnt here yet[&o]

Hopefully tomorrow
Old 12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
xbox360

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 02-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I am going to try to bring this thread back to life.
I have recently traded for a used Mini Madness that was in pretty rough shape. I removed all the bearings and they were filled with dirt. I put them in a cup and sprayed them with motor spray and the liquid turned black. I also noticed that the spur gear wobbled when turning it slowly. The truck had grease all over it and the pivot balls were worn out and then the spur gear stripped. So instead of buying parts I found a good deal on Ebay for a new one and bought it. When I got the new one, the first thing I noticed was that the spur gear on it wobbles on it also. Has anyone else experienced this? I have called CEN and I am waiting on a reply. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Also does anyone know of where to get a metal spur gear for it? I have a CEN Wheelie bar for it and I am currently getting the cleaned and re oiled bearings in the new MM and installing the Wheelie bar. But before I run it I am worried about this wobble in the Spur Gear. I am running a Phantom 12 turn motor.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

I have recently traded for a used Mini Madness that was in pretty rough shape. I removed all the bearings and they were filled with dirt. I put them in a cup and sprayed them with motor spray and the liquid turned black. I also noticed that the spur gear wobbled when turning it slowly. The truck had grease all over it and the pivot balls were worn out and then the spur gear stripped. So instead of buying parts I found a good deal on Ebay for a new one and bought it. When I got the new one, the first thing I noticed was that the spur gear on it wobbles on it also. Has anyone else experienced this? I have called CEN and I am waiting on a reply. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Also does anyone know of where to get a metal spur gear for it? I have a CEN Wheelie bar for it and I am currently getting the cleaned and re oiled bearings in the new MM and installing the Wheelie bar. But before I run it I am worried about this wobble in the Spur Gear. I am running a Phantom 12 turn motor.
I might have an answer for you on your question. I just sent an IM to a CEN rep that I know....................
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Mine had that spur gear wobble out of the box. i took the spur and slipper apart and put it back together carefully and straight and it seemed to correct itself. Must have just been improperly installed.

Never heard of a metal spur for it though. In fact, there are practically no upgrades available for it. Not that it really needs many, but still, the bling is always nice.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Wheelnut

Thanks, I will take it apart and put it back together and see if that takes care of the wobble.
As far as upgrades it is very strange that there is litteraly none availabe. Yes its true you can upgrade it but not really any specifically listed for it. Anyone Know why?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
junebug48
My Feedback: (138)

[8D]hi budie's . Wheelnut there was hop-up's on cenracing.com the last time i was on there . thank's budie's .
Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Wheelnut

Thanks Junebug, they just emailed me back and they definitely don't have steel spur gears but they offered to ship me a replacement when I ship them the stripped one. I believe I found the problem. When I took apart the slipper clutch, I noticed that the shaft is too short. The last gripper plate/wheel that goes on can't go on the shaft where the flat spot is and therefore if you don't line it up exactly it will wobble. I am thinking of grinding down either the bushing or spacer to make up the difference and should take care of the problem. Let me know what you guys think of that.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:08 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

basically the only hopups on cens site are tie rods, shocks, and motors/batteries/escs. All of which you can get better quality for cheaper elsewhere.

As far as grinding down the spacer or bushing, I would dissassemble everything and make sure its all put together properly first, maybe its missing a spacer or bushing inside the tranny.

Also, If you havent already, Bearings are a great upgrade for this truck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.