Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

new in mini- Vulcan SE or NB16?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
irenaslavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new in mini- Vulcan SE or NB16?????

Gentlemen

I'm interesting to enter to the mini R/C world , I would like to get nitro model
I 'm hesitating between Vulcan SE and ACME NB16.... please any advice for anyone drive this 2 models… I believe both are manufactured in china …. I try to get the official web site for the manufacturer (ACME Racing) but it impossible.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: new in mini- Vulcan SE or NB16?????

The vulcan can be found at http://www.internet-rc.com/
Also look into XRAY's mini nitro's.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks ,

the xray manufacturing perfect models but I believe the Vulcan are more solid since it loaded with many aluminum parts also it doesn't need special starter box like Xray, but I'm hesitate to order it before getting advise from someone drive it but it seems that electric powered mini models are much more popular that nitro
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
-Inverted-

That's because mini's are made for small quiet spaces and indoors, the nitro is a new fad, but in my opinion unpractical.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:18 AM
tinky-winky

I've read a positive review of the NB-16.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:38 AM
cars_on_fire

i have the nb16 and it is a nice car runs well and easy to use
there are a lot of parts for it and lots of the parts from the mini infurno can be used on the nb16 or valcan se
Old 04-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: irenaslavo
Gentlemen

I'm interesting to enter to the mini R/C world , I would like to get nitro model
I 'm hesitating between Vulcan SE and ACME NB16.... please any advice for anyone drive this 2 models… I believe both are manufactured in china …. I try to get the official web site for the manufacturer (ACME Racing) but it impossible.
The "SE" version has option parts that neither the standard IRC Vulcan or the ACME NB16 have such as an alloy pipe, alloy header, and a few other "red" aluminum hop ups. Optional metal out drives and a larger engine are also supposed to be in the works. If you actually come across something that has an SE version for ACME, please post the direct link to the distributor or manufacturer. Thanks. By the way, I do own the Vulcan model as well as a couple of KMIs.

http://www.irc-racing.com

Old 04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks gentlemen,

I think NB16 is a good choice price wise but Vulcan could be more solid with many aluminum parts but I'm wondering why lot of posts mentioned about the compatibility with mini inferno, shall we order NB16 or Vulcan and after using mini inferno parts!!!! I believe IRC covered all option parts could be used with this model.

Also until now I didn't find any post mention the approximate speed of both models.

Since I'm staying in Paris, hobby shops advertise new model manufactured in France named Miwi, they mentioned Miwi can be used on off and on –road tracks ( both tires available), it is a high quality model , much faster and durable than NB16 and Vulcan.... I don't know if this model available in USA but from the picture attached I can estimate it different than NB16 or Vulcan…
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48919.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	446239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19207.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	446240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65733.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	446241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75178.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	446242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv16454.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	446243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul78931.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	446244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cf72266.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	446245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cb93838.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	446246  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Db56029.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	446247  
Old 04-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

There are some older threads on the Piktor Miwi. I'm also kind of curious as to why you write the Miwi is faster than both the Vulcan and NB18, yet ask the speed of the Vulcan and NB18. Didn't those French hobby shops pushing the Miwi tell you the speeds of all three models or did they simply assert their product is faster because they are selling it? In case you didn't know it, there is also an option engine coming out for the Vulcan/NB18. However, if you just want to go fast--drop a brusless motor in something like the Kyosho Mini-Inferno. Also, the last I knew Kyosho's Nitro mini-buggy is quite a ways off which does have a larger engine (and probably consumes more fuel). If I learn more at RCX 2006, I'll post it.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 PM
irenaslavo

The persons in the hobby shop said that, Miwi is faster than NB16, I don't think they pushing for the Miwi since they already have NB16 for immediate sales but they mentioned that Vulcan are tailored and made especially for IRC in USA. But they believe although it more rigid it could be slower than NB16 due to power to weight ratio
They mentioned only faster and they didn't mentioned how fast it is.

Regarding speed, yes I'm looking for fast models but far, very very far from electric models and if I'm really concern about speed I will wait until Schumacher Rascal arrive it equipped with 18 size engine , I believe it will be the fastest in its class. Schumacher are well know by their speedy models.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Ever hear of A-Tech? They apparently make an electric mini truck and a mini buggy that is sold under several different brands. It's also my understanding that Schumacher is one of them. There is also an RCU review on the Schumacher Rascal, but it is not a buggy like you have been previously asking about--it is a 2WD truck. Consequently, it may be the only one in its nitro class since many companies appear to be going 4WD (NT18T is 4WD) and since the 2WD Cen Mini-Madness is electric.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/N...product_id=883
Old 04-16-2006, 10:31 PM
irenaslavo

I known A-tech very well and I had a chance to test XMT4.... although you can get fun for 30 minutes with one fully charged battery , they can categorized as a toy..... I understand that A-Tech don't branded as Schumacher, they are only distributed in U.K.

Regarding Schumacher Rascal, I know it is 2 WD truck and personally I prefer 4WD buggies but I mentioned Rascal reference to a speedy 1/16 nitro models. I don't know how fast they will be but defiantly they will be the fastest 1/16 nitro model compare to whatever buggy , truck or on road 1/16 models.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:37 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I wouldn't trust that transmitter to drive a nitro. It looks like something found in a NIkko rc car box. If I got it, the tx and rx would fly in the trash.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I known A-tech very well and I had a chance to test XMT4....
The A-Tech XMT4 simply reminds me of another mini-stadium truck trying to catch up with AE (or Thunder Tiger). By the way, the US Version of the Schumacher website sells A-Tech as well (XMB4 and XMT4). Are you familiar with Anderson (Yokomo) as well?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:11 AM
irenaslavo

To: mayhem maniac:

Your are 100% right about transmitter, I put the one came with my menace 21 in the garbage…. Although I have the latest Futaba transmitter, I asked sales person how I can control a 70 MPH model with this useless transmitter, as usual they have an immediate replay , but funny, they mentioned that Schumacher try to down the selling price and they are targeting menace and fusion 21 for advanced drivers whom they suppose to have a respected transmitter…. I believe the replay out of any sense specially that new RTR Havoc having the same transmitter although it targeting any level.
I hope in the future Schumacher will address this issue and will offer civilized transmitter.

To: Tigger N. Bennie:

Yes Schumacher selling A-Tech models in USA but they sell it as A-tech not Schumacher and I'm Sorry, I'm not familiar with Anderson (Yokomo).

As I mentioned from the beginning I'm new in the 1/18 or 1/16 scale but for sure I'm looking for a quality model what ever the coast will be but the choices are limited since the only models available for immediate order are NB16 and Vulcan which I think they are the same model with different names, the Vulcan SE is NB16 with many option parts but if anyone have other opinion please let me know .

Since use own Vulcan SE I will highly appreciate if you can post your personal experience with the SE version , precautions should be taken by new users also if you have time try to make video and post to us , I believe you will be the first person who will post video for SE version.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:22 PM
RiseAgainst017

IRC and Acme are the same thing the vulcan and the nb16 are the same thing irc racing is more expensive. acme is in Eruope and irc is in the U.S. some of the cars on internet-rc.com have acme racing stickers on them
Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Since use own Vulcan SE I will highly appreciate if you can post your personal experience with the SE version , precautions should be taken by new users also if you have time try to make video and post to us , I believe you will be the first person who will post video for SE version.
I don't own the SE version, I own the "standard" version. I'm also not much into making videos anymore since I usually end up doing the editing and especially since I shoot lots and lots of photos--almost 600 on Saturday at the LPGA and 3000 photos during Silver State a few weeks ago. In a couple of weeks, I'll be at RCX shooting more photos. Sorry, but don't plan to see any videos out of this kid anytime soon. However, I have contacted someone else to help shed some light on this topic.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Mindcrime

Ok, the Vulcan and the NB16 are close, but are not the same, the NB16 does not come with alot of the little things that were added to the Standard Vulcan, (upgraded diff gears, metal drive cups, bearings, ect.)and is not available in the SE version at all, in Europe the Vulcan is distributed by Mantua Model, the NB16 is only avaialable in Germany, if anybody in France or the rest of Europe has the NB16 it was not purchased through the proper chanels, Mantua has the exclusive rights to the product in Europe, and will be made aware of the fact that the NB16 is in some shops,

Sorry, in France the Vulcan is dist. by T2M

Speed- the Vulcan SE is less than 2 oz. heavier than the standard Vulcan, so the Alum upgrades will not slow it down very much if any at all.

The Miwi, Vulcan, Xray all use the same engine, so the only thing that could make the Miwi faster would be the gearing, but there is a 2spd option for the Vulcan if you feel you need more speed.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Mindcrime

As far as the cars on our web page with Acme stickers on them, you must be talking about the 1/10th scale stuff??? yes those cars are made for us by ACME, they are the same car, but ours come with alum shocks, and some of the hop-ups that the ACME version does not. the truck come with an .18 the ACME version come with a .12, just small things like that, we know you guys aren't dumb, thats why we didn't hide it

if you guys have any other questions about our products, please feel free to email me
[email protected]
Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks for your clarification, now I know what I will pay for because I was hesitating between NB16, Vulcan , Vulcan SE and Miwi base on one fact " I'm new in mini scale" although Vulcan SE is relatively expensive compared with NB16, I believe IRC did a good job by offering model equipped with all option parts instead of offering basic model and after we should running for upgrading which could coast double the price of new model, also your choice of T2M as distributor is absolutely right , they are one on the most reputable hobby companies in France.

There is only 2 questions no one was able to answer or he know the answer but keep it as secert …. 1- What is the approximate speed for Vulcan ES .. 2- What expected speed difference after installing 2 speed transmutations….. We are not expecting a rocket speed from 1/16 nitro models but since I'm a new comers to the mini scale world after racing 1/5, 1/8 and 1/10 models , I would like to know.

As far as X-Ray mentioned in their web site, they are using 8 size engine not 5 but
in pervious post we got informed that IRC working with Italian company for new engine.. it this engine will be also 5 size or bigger and it can installed easy on the Vulcan SE .

Anyhow after reading your clarification, tomorrow I will order the Vulcan SE from T2M, I hope it is available for immediate delivery
Old 04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Mindcrime

The engine size is a bit of word play, a .05 is the size, .8 cc is the displacement, just like a .21 is has a displacement of (aprox) 3.4 cc

as for the speed its very hard to say, I have not used a 2 spd personaly yet, however the reports we have been hear from our customers has been positive....
Old 04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks for your clarification regarding engine size and thanks for your diplomatic answer regarding speed, I don't know why it is very hard to say how fast your model are specially that I asked for approximate speed also I suppose any manufacturer to release his model after extensive R&D and I believe IRC designed the 2 speed transmutation based on gear ratio and speed of the single speed transmutation then you now the approximate speed.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Thanks for the input Dom.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
huw4027

Hey guys i have been reading keenly the many posts on 1/16 scale nitro buggies.
I have seen the xray car in many hobby shops but none of them had the buggies.
I am a true off-road guy with a range of vehicles but i must say that i am truly
fascinated with 1/16 nitro. Personally i think that the Vulcan is the better choice.
I learned a long time ago that cheaper is not necessarily better !!!!
Hobbypeople.Net is a reputable distributor and they have the vulcan on sale for $279.99
and they also have an extensive parts listing. I agree that this is a little pricey but i am
a true r/c enthusiast so i went ahead and ordered one and i can't wait to get it.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
irenaslavo

Congratulation for your new model, I hope you will receive it soon , you gave me a hope that soon maybe I will know the approximate speed for Vulcan which kept as secret in a time most 1/16 nitro scale enthusiast in France mentioning it is slower than Miwi assuming that Vulcan and NB-16 are the same model.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.