Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2051

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SPORTWERKS chaos 1/16 buggy

Oh yeah Cory, the servos look pretty cool...and should be a major improvement over the stock ones! You may have to make some slight mods at the servo saver, depending on the splines, but it probably won't be brainsurgery. This would be a good time to lock-up your center diff for 4-wheel braking (if you haven't already done so), and rework the brake/throttle set-up if necessary for the best operation possible with the stock radio. ie new servo horn and best angle for the brake rod. My set-up changed alot when I put in the Hitecs and Spectrum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

flat or round is ok
    stock bearing work great and nota on the shims..It was a very tight fit.....and maybe a bit more on the speed all together with the stock motor

ORIGINAL: vicdat

Hey Lords...I should be receiving the new two gears from Trinity today (hopefully), and I probably have the small screws somewhere, but what kind of head is best for them? Also you said that the stock bearings work as is, right? I think I saw a slightly different part number from Trinity for essentially the same gear; it's probably a different number of teeth, huh? Did you have to put any shims anywhere in the new set-up? How will the new gear ratio affect my car's accelleration and/top speed, with the mini-iinferno tires?
    Lords
    VTX-MST1,Master Vh-X5,savages:1XL,1-LE,slash,slayer DuneRunner,volcano,Monster king,Axis,ECT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tkanks...I just got them and dry fitted them> They feel good. I'm going to clean-up everything and try the 5000 silicon oil.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hell vicdat ,
    I think they fit better then the stock ones....
    I am going to lock my center diff ,prob sun and see whats up..I still got to mount the .06 engine to
    good luck
    Lords
    VTX-MST1,Master Vh-X5,savages:1XL,1-LE,slash,slayer DuneRunner,volcano,Monster king,Axis,ECT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lords

ORIGINAL: dapro

Discontinued??? I was just fixing to buy one....
    let me know what you want to do...I do have one up ....
    PM'd

My main concern is parts availability a few years down the road.
    Unless your post is tried, tested, and true personally, don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'t post your \"Well this guy told me\" crap.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well as for parts the only thing that does go as far as I know is tires and diffs...the diffs i have are brand new and all unlocked ,with spare parts along with new tires ...but as for parts I have been told that all stock parts are still in prob for the next 7 years ...also CNC ALou..parts to but they cost to much.....

ORIGINAL: lords

Discontinued??? I was just fixing to buy one....
    let me know what you want to do...I do have one up ....
    PM'd

My main concern is parts availability a few years down the road.
    Lords

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well this is weird...i went to start up my chaos today after a couple months and it won't start. i've checked for leaks, charged batts etc. and still nothing??? i can't figure out what's wrong with it.

any ideas???

i'll try again tomorrow and if i still can't get it to start then i may just get a picco p-0.

thanks
    chris
    \"It\'\'s funny \'\'till someone gets hurt... then it\'\'s HILARIOUS!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try putting a drop of fuel in the carb and then start it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Cory Kerber

Try putting a drop of fuel in the carb and then start it.
    ya i tried that, still no go. thanks though.

anyone else have a suggestion???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

only other things that can be bad are ...bad fuel...bad glow plug or the bad pinch(worn out cylinder) on the stock motor
    I have a stock motor that has a bad pinch SO i have to heat the engine up with a hair dryer and bum start it at high spins
    but then it runs fair....
    A worn out cylinder can be many issues but the main are ...leaving the engine at top dead (all the way up) when hot and cools down ..more then 1 time
    not using after run oil
    or
    Not breaking it in proper...
    now days it cheaper to buy a new stock engine compared to a piston and sleeve for 60 dollars...
    Lords

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya i think im just gonna buy the picco for $50.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I ran my first couple tankfulls with the new Trinity metal gears...Just as Lords said they are an easy drop-in fit, I did add a couple of small slivers of fuel line in the front drive cup and out-drive to help center-up the short front driveshaft. Also I filled both diffs with silicon oil. The car ran much smoother, and had a higher top end. The little Toki still pulls the larger 14 tooth pinions easily and running it on concrete I had no problem breaking all four tires loose almost at will. I was a little leary that the Mini-inferno tires might wear out faster, but even with a lot of hard turning and acceleration they still look new. The brakes also felt better, but that may be due to the Hitec servos and the adjustable end point from the Spectrum system.
    All in all it was money well spent and I recommend that all you knuckleheads order them directly from Trinity ASAP! The phone number for Trinity in New Jersey is 732-562-1234 and just order two each of Part #TRI32008.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AMEN [8D]
    ORIGINAL: vicdat

Well, I ran my first couple tankfulls with the new Trinity metal gears...Just as Lords said they are an easy drop-in fit, I did add a couple of small slivers of fuel line in the front drive cup and out-drive to help center-up the short front driveshaft. Also I filled both diffs with silicon oil. The car ran much smoother, and had a higher top end. The little Toki still pulls the larger 14 tooth pinions easily and running it on concrete I had no problem breaking all four tires loose almost at will. I was a little leary that the Mini-inferno tires might wear out faster, but even with a lot of hard turning and acceleration they still look new. The brakes also felt better, but that may be due to the Hitec servos and the adjustable end point from the Spectrum system.
    All in all it was money well spent and I recommend that all you knuckleheads order them directly from Trinity ASAP! The phone number for Trinity in New Jersey is 732-562-1234 and just order two each of Part #TRI32008.
    [8D]
    Lords

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm so tired of my chaos. I've probably gotten 10+ hours working on it and <35 minutes of driving time. I'm not exaggerating. I've spent $80 for the car $30 for fuel bottle, glow ignitor etc. $60 on fuel, and $30 on a new motor. That's $200 for nothing. I emailed Horizon a while back, and they said that i need to contact the place i purchased it from. So i just emailed Hopmeup. If anyone purchased a Chaos directly from Horizon on their website, please reply to my post. I would like to borrow your receipt, so i could exchange my Chaos for the MRC. So anyways i'm just waiting for Hopmeup to let me know what to do. If i have to, i'll have my dad call Horizon, he knows how hard/long i've worked on this car for crappy results. He's good at getting very angry. So yeah..... I'm sooooooo tired of working on this car, and i have been into crawling alot. My cousin has two crawlers and i have so much passion for them. At this point my dad is going to be the one that i'm looking to be my biggest help. Thank you all for your help on this forum, for such great people, you all deserve better cars then the Chaos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey all. I just ordered myself a chaos off of ebay for a little fun/play around car to have in addition to the rest of my collection. I've heard alot about the trinity metal geared diffs, and how they last sooooo much longer than the stock plastic ones. Where can i get them online? Or should i just order from that phone number provided in an about post: (732-562-1234 and just order two each of Part #TRI32008.) Also, are there any other immidiate upgrades i should order? I've decided on aluminum shock towers and a new unpainted body, but other than that, i have no plans. I've also heard stuff about mini-inferno tires and wheels... Oh, and also, how long can i expect the stock diffs to last? Because i'd like to wait as long as possibel before ordering new diffs...

Thanks guys
    Bigairlife

Just found something. Is this the right metal diff for the next that its a direct frop in to the front and rear of the chaos?
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDS7&P=Z

Also, i just found these tires and wheels. Will they fit on the chaos?
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/22969

What about these tires and wheels:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29574
    T-rex 450 Pro ~ T-rex 250se ~ Savage X ~ Losi Mini Comp. Crawler ~ Nitro Pede Basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

waiting for Hopmeup....lol sorry about the lol on that but good luck.....after all tis time using it...
    and $30 for fuel bottle????huh the fuel filler bottle is about 10 dollars shipped here in US
    $60 on fuel??? I get gallons of bryons 30% for 32 dollars.....
    who ever said this hobby is cheap...only when you wait and sort items out will you sort a great budget for it
    and what makes you think that anything you get in RC is maintenance free???
    I am not in no how trying to bash you...I just want you to know this is not a cheap hobby...planes,boats,cars and helis...
    good luck Anyway
    [&:]

I'm so tired of my chaos. I've probably gotten 10+ hours working on it and <35 minutes of driving time. I'm not exaggerating. I've spent $80 for the car $30 for fuel bottle, glow ignitor etc. $60 on fuel, and $30 on a new motor. That's $200 for nothing. I emailed Horizon a while back, and they said that i need to contact the place i purchased it from. So i just emailed Hopmeup. If anyone purchased a Chaos directly from Horizon on their website, please reply to my post. I would like to borrow your receipt, so i could exchange my Chaos for the MRC. So anyways i'm just waiting for Hopmeup to let me know what to do. If i have to, i'll have my dad call Horizon, he knows how hard/long i've worked on this car for crappy results. He's good at getting very angry. So yeah..... I'm sooooooo tired of working on this car, and i have been into crawling alot. My cousin has two crawlers and i have so much passion for them. At this point my dad is going to be the one that i'm looking to be my biggest help. Thank you all for your help on this forum, for such great people, you all deserve better cars then the Chaos.
    Lords

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know that it's not cheap, but you shouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on a car and have it not work. The $30 was for fuel bottle rechargeable glow ignitor after run oil. The fuel was $20 for a quart of blue thunder and $40 for a gallon of byrons.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know that it's not cheap, but you shouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on a car and have it not work. The $30 was for fuel bottle rechargeable glow ignitor after run oil. The fuel was $20 for a quart of blue thunder and $40 for a gallon of byrons.
    Well, the Chaos is a cheap car, so dont expect too much out of the box. Next, this in definetly now a cheap hobby. Especially whe you are just getting into it, you need alot of materials and such. Also, anyone know anything about what i posted above?

Hey all. I just ordered myself a chaos off of ebay for a little fun/play around car to have in addition to the rest of my collection. I've heard alot about the trinity metal geared diffs, and how they last sooooo much longer than the stock plastic ones. Where can i get them online? Or should i just order from that phone number provided in an about post: (732-562-1234 and just order two each of Part #TRI32008.) Also, are there any other immidiate upgrades i should order? I've decided on aluminum shock towers and a new unpainted body, but other than that, i have no plans. I've also heard stuff about mini-inferno tires and wheels... Oh, and also, how long can i expect the stock diffs to last? Because i'd like to wait as long as possibel before ordering new diffs...

Thanks guys
    Bigairlife

Just found something. Is this the right metal diff for the next that its a direct frop in to the front and rear of the chaos?

T-rex 450 Pro ~ T-rex 250se ~ Savage X ~ Losi Mini Comp. Crawler ~ Nitro Pede Basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bigairlife ,
    you can try that diff..I never did but the pinion gear on the inside works great as we posted...It might not be a direct fir as i know the cups are shorter but still work
    so you can try it and let us know...the most you prob will have to do is...drill new holes to fit..If they don't match up..or buy longer dog bones...like i said let us know...as for the tires as long as there 10mm hex fits they will work...but watch it any wider then 20mm to the inside of the wheel might hit the knuckle's or rod end...that's another let us know...lol ...SORRY I culdn't be of better help
    I have been modding most of my others 1/16-1/8 and my helis

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

Thanks guys
    Bigairlife

Lords

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this a good car for around the house? lol I have a small yard and a 1/10 size dirt/driveway oval to race on and im getting it used and itll probably go straight into electric convert mode Ino ill need to hop up my diffs.....but other than that is it ok? oh and what type of glow plu does it take? Is it standard size? Or tiny like the ccar

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm pleased with mine after almost a year; now with the Trinity pinions it's a lot more dependable...I personally would never consider converting to electric, since the little Toki is fairly strong, high reving, and reliable.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

P.S. I've run the little skitch quite a few more times in the dirt since the Trinity pinions and have had absolutly no issues so far... it's definitely got a higher top end with the 14 teeth gears, and doesn't lug down at low speeds.
    It's good not to get that telltale revving of another stripped pinion that I was getting whenever I'd run it hard in the dirt. I do hear the metal to plastic howl that Lords described, and it's basically music to my ears. I checked inside and didn't see any wear problems on the crowns. The silicon oil is a good tip too.
    Let's hear some more Chaos horror (or success) stories...don't you dare let this thread die!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

vicdat. did you shim those trinint gears? did anyone find a replacement gas tank with a flip top? thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No shims were needed at first, but you'll probably want to slice (4) really narrow slivers of fuel line to put into both sets of drive cups to help center the front and rear drive shafts. Also fill the diffs with silicon oil and possibly a tad of silicon grease right on the gears; maybe seal-up the assembly with silicon sealer to keep the seepage to a minimum... As far as quick-fill for the fuel I don't think it's a great idea because you'll want to let the little beast cool down a bit between runs since there is sooo much plastic in it. I am afraid it will start melting other components or softening them up too much. I ran mine pretty hard yesterday on dirt and grass and at the end of the day the rear seemed really hot and I felt some slight slipping when I spun the rear wheels by hand. I'm going to open her up tonight and check the rear crown and see if a shim in the new pinion might be helpful.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks vicdat. i sure hope this thread doesnt die there is way too much info on the chaos in here to lose!!!!!!!!

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast