Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2044

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SPORTWERKS chaos 1/16 buggy

Good job Gatedude...just remenber that the Trinity changeover is only for the pinion and drive cup...you still use the stock plastic ring gear. That's why it's so important to keep the lube going at all times. The old method of using grease let it fly off and sooner than later it would overheat.  My rearend used to get super hot before I started filling it with sil oil from the top filler plug. Now it stays cool to the touch and I think that's why I'm not toasting the gears anymore (I saw an ad for "GreenGrease", has anyone tried it??)  Dont throw away those old Toki's...send them to me!. I seem to have a way with old Jap engines: Enyas, Tolkis and Datsuns...but that's another story.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can have mine if you want it,just give me you address and Ill send it to you parcel. Cant under stand why Im still getting this glitching even after changing to my futaba fm radio system. Still have the same servos as yet .Cant figure it out. Never had this problem with any of my other cars or trucks. Do you have any idea what could be causing this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I PM'd you about the engine...

As far as the glitching goes I also had a few issues with the stock radio system. Does it have problems with both servos? Try switching the servos on the receiver and see if it's actually a bad servo. Both of mine were suspect at one time or another, but I think they may have gotten wet once or twice. Also, check your antenna...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, quick question.......Does the Trinity .095 Mini Draked Motor fit? Stormerhobbies is blowing them out for $29.99. At a price like that, its hard to pass up. I just want to know whether or not it fits. I have heard someone say that it goes right in but i want to be sure. Also, do I need a slide or a rotary carb? Sorry about all the questions, for I am new to the Nitro scene.

Here is the link for the motor:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=TRI40018

Thanks in advance!!!

What could possibly go wrong?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you need a rotory so that should be good

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey LIV... that Drake  sounds intriguing. I thought that I read on this thread once that that motor will work fairly easily.  I'm pretty sure that you can shoehorn it in, and send a couple pics of your progress too. For that price, it's worth a try; it said it will fit a Vulcan which mounts very similar to a Chaos so it probably will work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

P.S. LIV, it looks like you'll need to get a Trinity round exhaust manifold, spring, and gasket too...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys for the fast responses!!! I greatly appreciate your info. I should be receiving my Chaos today and will run the stock .05 for a little while. But then I will be doing the Trinity Pinion upgrade (TRI32008 is sold out everywhere; do any of the other part #'s work or should I just wait till mid June for TRI32008 to be back in stock?), and then I will be trying to put in the Drake and see if that will work. I am also interested to see if the engine will fit. But at least, if it doesn't fit, I am only out about $40 and worst comes to worst, I will just put it on eBay because I am sure I can get more then what I paid for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nothing can go wrong...just do it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay well I received my Chaos today. I unpacked it and fueled her up and had a little bit of trouble starting her the first time. But after she got running the break-in process went rather smoothly. I could not seem to get a lot of smoke to come out of the exhaust no matter where I tuned the High-Speed-Needle (I am using O'Donnell 20% Fuel). So anyway, I completed the 5 tank break-in process and I must say, this car definitely surprised me as far as performance goes. The little ******* just keeps pulling and seems as though it is never going to red-line. I was actually afraid that it was just going to stop running and possibly blow up due to such prolonged period of WOT. Anyway, after I finished running for the day (mom told me it was getting late and to come inside) I put after-run oil where the glow plug would go and in the carburetor. After that, I totally ripped apart the front and rear tranny to put in some Associated 35wt shock oil (awaiting the arrival of my diff oil, should be here sometime next week). I then replaced the shock oil (or what was left of it) in all 4 shocks. All in all, I am very pleased with the car and am looking forward to performing the Pinion Mod and maybe the Drake Engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!!!! This car is the same as the Piktor Miwi NB16, therefore, these should fit:

http://www.tamiya-model.com/shop/pik...l?currency=USD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good find LIVipers...but don't hold your breath. The drive cups look good but a little pricy. I think that a while back I saw Atomic carried a similar set-up for a lot less money. The rest of the stuff probably wont fit; that's my guess. As we all know the original MIWI is the same as a Chaos. An NB-16 looks to be a completely different animal, sort of  like a Vulcan or some other clone, and I'd venture to say that the other parts on the Tamaya website wouldn't even come close to fitting on our beloved Chaos'.

As far as your new car, it sounds like you are on the right track. The metal pinions from Trinity come with new drive cups, so that's two fewer that you'll need. Here's a couple drive-cup tricks I've been using with the stock set-up: make sure you are using the shorter screws as supplied by Sportwerks, and don't overtighten. It's a fine line to get it right. I've tried using CA, but that's only a last resort, since you'll never get it apart for servicing. You can also clean everything real good with alcohol, then put it together with a little Locktite. Watch for any distorting of the cups at both ends, or replace them...some one else mentioned tiny star washers; that also sounded plausable.

You did a good job on breaking it in. The single needle is not really precise, so try to keep a light trail of smoke, and do a temp check. Mine's happy at 205 to 220 degrees. By the time you get all your mods done you'll be ready to get a Draked .095!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since I'm going to be racing my chaos on a 1/10 offroad track (I race 2wd electric during the winter), I am looking at the Trinity Next Metal Complete Gearbox. It looks very similar to that of the chaos and I have heard that it fits with only a couple of oblonged screw holes. I am going to see if that works, and then if it does.....IT'S DRAKE TIME!!!!!!! When I get that engine fitted in my Chaos, it will be a little bullet. I can't wait and I am so glad I found the motor at such a low price.

P.S. I am only 15 so please excuse my excitement on this matter, its my first ever nitro and I am loving every minute of it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LIViper, The complete Trinity gear box sounds like just the ticket. Someone did this a while back I think, I bet they can hold up to the Drake or a Picco with that set-up (I'm going to quit holding my breath for the bolt-in metal crown gear). Just remember, that the car will be a bit heavier (maybe a good thing with an engine upgrade)with the Trinity; I've always liked how super -light the little beast is.....How much $ are the complete units?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vicdat

LIViper, The complete Trinity gear box sounds like just the ticket. Someone did this a while back I think, I bet they can hold up to the Drake or a Picco with that set-up (I'm going to quit holding my breath for the bolt-in metal crown gear). Just remember, that the car will be a bit heavier (maybe a good thing with an engine upgrade)with the Trinity; I've always liked how super -light the little beast is.....How much $ are the complete units?

they're $30 for the full set, i may bet getting some or i had a brain fart today where i run my E 2wd and mount a 6 cell acrros the front cuz they'red be no center dog bone, wait, servo, scrap that... well maybe not ahh well food for thougth, well i'd really like to see how good those gear box's are, cuz this thing may meet my SW 4600, and on 6 cells, 5in tires and gearing it so i can hit 35mph, it has no problem throwing it on its lid with 30% punch control and a low power setting soo i'm not even gunna try to run it stock plus i'm having too much fun with my evader, thats why the e-chaos hasn't gone too much further, i just got a little more dremeling but who wants to do that when you can run 35 mph, and throw wheelies left and right.....

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was hoping that the extra power of the drake engine would offset the extra 50 or so grams that the gearboxes add.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it should, extra wieght really doesn't do too much to kill top end, it may hurt the low end a little, the real issue may imerge from the extra rotational mass but i dought it.... just cuz these gears are really small tho with larger trucks like 1/10 and 1/8 a metal spur can take a lot outta a truck over a plastic spur tho there is a quite a wight differance in them too

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone know of any GPM parts?
    Revo 5309: OS .21 TM, tekno, Spektrum, Buku*
    Jato 5507: Work in Progress
    Rustler 3.3, super basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really need some help here. First off, the engine is not starting as good as it used to but it hasnt lost any compression. Secondly, when i get it running, it runs great. The problem is, when it idles, the clutch engages and it stalls. I lower the idle, but the clutch still engages after a few seconds. Help is greatly apperciated. Thank you, Dave Schutt
    Woah-what was that? i think it was a racoon-nope just another wimpy t max under my MGT!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds like your spring is getting worn down... by that i mean weaker or you shoes are getting hung up on the CB or flywheel, so you may need to add some small shims if you can

also i just mounted up the stock clutch shoes and springs from my savage onto the engine, its also a 3 shoe setup, but it has idiviual springs the only issue is that they're too thick, tho if anyone wanted to it woudln't be that hard to chop like an 1/8 or so off or 3/16'ths if you guys want a higher preformance clutch...

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

any links on where i canget a flip top fuel tank, and new shocks preffer alunium

Thanks;
    Mike
    Rustler 3.3, super basher

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it's been a while, and guess what, ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i finished it today, the battery is a 6 cell IB 3800, made hump, its using an orion method 19X2 motor, novak xrs 12t speedo, tower 2 ch am RX, and the first test was done using a futaba magnum 2 pl radio, it was geared 22/50, some pics

[img]{akamaiimageforum}/upfiles/415414/Mk26020.jpg[/img]

and a teaser VIDEO, a way better one to come,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aobrjIAYrps

wow going from a 3mp camera to 10.1 makes a huge differance...

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have one of these sitting around i not using if anyone is interested. completely buggy. it has only been broken in. after break in the diff blew.
    LST2,T-Maxx,Sprint2,NT18MT,Chaos,E10,Micro-T
    Xboxlive:HazyRenots420

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how much you looking for it?