Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2044

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SPORTWERKS chaos 1/16 buggy

Good Find...those are the same as the Trinitys that have worked so well on mine. I think that they are 14 teeth vs. 12 stock, and they mesh way better than the crappy plastic ones.
    Has anyone tried the Atomic metal outdrives???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no but i i'm interested got a link
    also i'm lookign at some from the NB 16 cuz of the dog bone size works better than the trinity that i have (one thats in latest pic set)

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I got 30% fuel now, It runs and idles better. Still got a problem It dosnt like to start after it warms up(2nd tank), I got the temps around 170.
    Trex450 Pro ~ EXI 450 ~ HBFP ~ CX3 ~ McpX ~ Hubsan X4 ~ RC Eye One ~
    Tamiya Tiger I ~ HL KV-1 ~ HL M26 Pershing ~
    \"Keep the shiny side UP\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Oracus...
    Idle problem might be that the tiny idle adjustment screw is starting to strip-out. Mine did on my first Toki. This made it hard to hold a decent idle; engine was kinda wornout anyway, so I slammed-in Lugg's practically brand new one when he went to the Dark SidE.
    I've really babied this motor, and if your running at 170 degrees, you might lean it out just a tad. I've noticed that even though these little nutz will run at a fairly wide range of settings, once you've found your sweet spot you can set it and forget it. Like I've said, the low idle is fairly critical to getting it to start easily; I run a Spectrum and Hitec, which maintain their integrity WAY BETTER than whatever that twitching radio equipment was that came over on the boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The idle screw works still. The 1st start of the day it starts in one pull. I got idle set to when it starts it will idle and not move on the ground and if i give it some braking it doesn't die. The problem I'm having is on the 2nd tank or if it dies before its empty. It does not like to pull start, sometimes I can get it to start by turning the thr trim all the way up(Full open), then tuning it down once it starts to a nice idle. I tried not running the tank empty before refueling and have same results. Its annoying because i think the little guy will be fun, I added some larger wheels and tires, and lifted the suspension alittle bit and now have nearly 1 3/4 inches on ground clearance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might need to prime it a little at the second start. I usually take off the tube at the exhaust pipe and gently blow thru it until I see a little fuel in the line right at the carb; Then it lights right up...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I dont know what I did, but It ran good for 3 tanks. I was happy with it. So here is a few pics with the larger wheels , lift, and stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wu62287.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	1478704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sn39765.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	345.3 KB 
ID:	1478705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in26264.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	1478706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yr47981.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	378.8 KB 
ID:	1478707  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice job. It was probably a small bubble in the line...
    The little snausage looks cool w/ the reversed suspension and nose cut-off.
    Run it on packed dirt, but not on grass unless it's really short like a golf green.

(My Haiku of the day)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice! Looks almost like a little Monster Beetle!
    \"When it comes to hobbies...I don\'\'\'\'t play around! Well...actually I do.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran my NB16 yesterday and it was running pretty good, but then suddenly it just fizzled to a stop while the engine was running wide open...went over and the spur gear had lost a tooth and the rest of the gear was so stripped that the clutch bell was still spinning for about a minute after the car stopped. Kinda funny to hear a whirring noise when the car is stopped and engine at idle. Seems like something breaks each time I take it out. Also a screw was coming loose on the muffler. [:@]

Soooo....I yet again got out the ol' reliable Chaos and was soon terrorizing the neighborhood.

BTW - I run 20% nitro and I tune the engine up to about 215 degrees...if it runs up to 230 I richen it a bit. The Toki is a beaut!
    \"When it comes to hobbies...I don\'\'\'\'t play around! Well...actually I do.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good to hear ken, i'd be ripping things up with the e chaos but my chargers AC PSU kinda died, and long story short the new one has spent hte past week at the post office... i've been bussyyy

you should be safe to run up to 280, weather or not it'll run great at 280... but safe yes...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Lug,

Good to hear the e chaos is holding up well with the new diffs! Sorry to hear about the charger issues though. That's why I consider it a blessing to get a good and easy stress-free run in.

280? That's the temp where I start to think "Holy Moley...I'd better bring that down before it dies a glorious screaming death!" Actually, I've had mine up to about 260, but try to err on the side of caution...it only takes one lean run to lead to ruin. That's how I keep so many long-running engines.

I also still use the old timer spit test trick...sloppy-lick the finger, wipe on the engine head and if it sizzles off too fast, it's too hot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

agreed i'm very happy with them, tho kinda sad, boxing up the e chaos and sending it off to a friend, and he'll be playing with it for a bit... he's got a few more mini's that may have potential for compatability, and i'm gunna be too busy with college starting up to want to think about it.. either way, mc4789 may be posting a few things , i'd much rather he gets to run the little bugger than it sit in my shop and grow dusty ya know?

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He Lugg,
    That's good of you to let the little one run free...
    Good luck in college. I've got two boys in college here in SoCal, and my daughter's a senior, so I applaud you kids for your efforts.
    Thanks for the Chaos parts in the past too...your Toki and fuel tank live on. Also the receiver batteries are in my Ofna buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good to hear that stuff is being used yeahh it'll be a long road, for sure hopefully i'll make it thru... :P

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not going to sugar-coat it...the future looks bleak. Sorry young'uns.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha yeahh i hear you there, but hopefully i can find something to do, as a mechanical engineer.... and its a great school, something like a 98% job placement within first 6mo after school ends...

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good deal. Just don't be in that 2%...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha i hope not... i its a scary thought....

the

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's supposed to be scary, but it sounds like you're up tp the challange. My challange is getting my Chaos to steer straight. I'm using the Hitec with Associated servo saver, but it's a sloppy fit and so there is a skosch of freeplay, even with the correct splines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm yeahh thats next on the to do list on the e choas as well, well i'll see what MC does with it, but yeah i was thinking a better servo and maybe even taking out the servo saver and running a stright horn, the stock links have a lot of flex in them so that might not be a problem.... idk what my horn setup will be like, but i wanna use OEM servo stuff...

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanx for thinking outside the box for me...I think that I go the direct route and dump the servo saver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anytime, i'd love to see what you come up with on this one

the lug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went viclexic with my Spektrum recently and kind of screwed-up my steering settings...I don't know why, but the "Throttle Dead Band" (sounds kinda like a local OC punk band) has something to do with the steering??? Anyway at one point I decided to tear the entire steering and diffs apart and install the tiny star washers I had bought a while back to lock-up the drive cups. To make a long story short all the drive cups were fine so why add any extra weight to the little turd. While I was at it, I checked the the plastic rings and Trinity pinions and all was well (I guess filling it with silicon oil through the plug has payed off big time), so I just put everthing back together and re-adjusted the radio dead band, EPA, etc. I works great now. I did a few tach runs on a basketball court; it was about 105 degrees here in SoCal, but the little beast still runs strong.
    I guess what I'm really trying to say is "It's not quite the beginning of the end yet...in reality that was some time back. I'd still rather have my past, then your future."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36425.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	1508050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq51845.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	1508051  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i went to the hobby shop to get my buggy tuned and he said 4 wheel drive not wroking couldnt figure out why i took it apart and looked found nothing broke. could any one think other wise or have the same issue? please help