Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 AM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini LST

Ah.. I haven't had a problem with them getting loose... As for being careful when you solder, a few seconds with a dremel takes care of any solder that goes to far... I guess Everyone likes different things and thats OK....I'm not trying to convert you , just wanted to hear your experience...
Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Starcraft-IX

After having a servo go bad after only a few runs, I didn't want to spend the $40-80 to upgrade servos. The stock servos have plenty of torque, the gears just suck. I considered the metal gear mod, but that was expensive as well.

What I did, was bought a stock servo gear set, and pulled apart my good servo as well. I boiled that gear that always breaks, and put it all back together. So far, I have at least 10 runs on the servos, without any more problems. Not exactly a long term test, but they have definately lasted longer than they did without boiling. I'll update if they break again, but I have high hopes. If they fail again, I'll probably just do the metal gear mod.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
xxSLiMxx

Hey guys, i just wanted to say hi! I have my 1st Mini LST comming soon. I trades one of my TT01 drifters for a new MLST. I cant wait. Any Tips? or Tricks?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:26 PM
dacaur

I cant really think of any tips other than dont clip a solid object with your tire at full speed, and dont run into stuff.... first think I would do, adjust your steering travel so that max servo travel doesn't strain the servos because they are pushing against the stop... servos will last longer that way and you will get more runtime (slightly)
Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
garry1970

hey folks,

have a look at this picture and offer your opinions please. your looking a a losi insave 370 covered in metal filings and I don't know why.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
dacaur

looks like its from the pinion... stock or aftermarket? And I cant tell in the pic, is the spur metal or plastic?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
garry1970

hi the spur is losi replacement parts (plastic) and the pinios are Losi 22t that use the allen head screw.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM
KRO

Looks like it could be slpper dust from the slipper pads to me .
Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
garry1970

thanks K, I'm going to strip it all down and clean it then run it on the pavement to monitor it.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
dacaur

or maybe your mesh is too tight and its chewing up the plastic gear
Old 10-26-2008, 11:13 PM
garry1970

hi, I thought i had it set right... i can hold the spur and see just a little bit of movement if I roll the pinion.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
dacaur

sounds right... there should be just the tiniest bit of movment...
Old 11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
bigireland

hi all.. just got a mlst2 maybe a week ago and of course, had a servo self destruct yesterday.. i was aware of the issue before and at first was trying to be gentle with it.. the problem is that this truck is too much fun! within 2 charges i was beatin on it like a red headed stepchild.. i love the way handles, very nice aerial manners.. definitely going exotek with it.. i'd like to go mamba micro pro 6800 also but i'm a bit worried about the drivetrain.. lots of options there so i'm not exactly sure how to go about upgrading that area just yet.. i have a center ball diff on the way(shipping to iraq is awful, everything takes around 2 weeks to get out here) from a previous order so that's a start.. anyone have the part number to the dual disk slipper that i hear so much about?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
mini_mac

ORIGINAL: bigireland

hi all.. just got a mlst2 maybe a week ago and of course, had a servo self destruct yesterday.. i was aware of the issue before and at first was trying to be gentle with it.. the problem is that this truck is too much fun! within 2 charges i was beatin on it like a red headed stepchild.. i love the way handles, very nice aerial manners.. definitely going exotek with it.. i'd like to go mamba micro pro 6800 also but i'm a bit worried about the drivetrain.. lots of options there so i'm not exactly sure how to go about upgrading that area just yet.. i have a center ball diff on the way(shipping to iraq is awful, everything takes around 2 weeks to get out here) from a previous order so that's a start.. anyone have the part number to the dual disk slipper that i hear so much about?
http://www.losi.com/
Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: bigireland

Horizon hobby is a good place to get anything losi. I dont know if they will ship to iraq, but the part # is LOSB1131 so you can get it wherever you got the ball diff. (or just have a family member pick one up at the LHS and send it) Hopefully the ball diff you are getting is the MIP ball diff, not the losi one, because the mip diff is way better.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB1131
Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
bigireland

thanks.. i'll be ordering that one soon.. unfortunately i have the losi ball diff on the way but i'll grab a MIP one as a spare.. my only remaining concerns now are f/r gearboxes and/or driveshafts.. i'm looking to make this little guy as tough as possible.. i think it's already a pretty tough truck aside from the steering and drivetrain issues.. i figure i fix those and i'll have a beastly little truck..
Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
neiloid

MIP centre drive shafts and CVDs are the way to go as far as making in bulletproof. Not sure that the stock gearboxes need to be changed out to help your cause.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Straick

I finally pulled mine off the shelf, again. Ran it for a whole ONE pack, and lost all power. Steering still worked, the motors would still spin, but the truck wouldn't move. After some looking, I stripped the bevel gear in the front diff AGAIN(makes 6), even with it shimmed nicely. A call to Losi, and they said that they are sending out the parts that should fix this. Had the truck for almost 4 years, ran it maybe 12 packs, destroyed 6 bevel gears on the front axle, and most of the time, it's been a shelf queen due to frustration at the bevel gears. Is there anything I might have missed when going through it before? I have a MiniT Pro with brushless, and it's a blast. I just want this one reliable so that I have something I can run during lunch at work. Most I'll do for upgrades would be 2 Trinity Mini Monster brushed motors and replacement servos.

P.S. I was digging through the rest of the posts, but after page 50 it felt like my brain was melting.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
KRO

Do you have a MLST or MLST2 ? The MLST diffs are pretty weak , the MLST2 diffs are better . And you must shim the MLST2's side bevel gears inside the diff cup too make them stronger .
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Straick

The original Mini LST. I have 2 aftermarket ball diffs sitting here waiting, but with it eating the bevel gear that engages the ring gear, I didn't want to put any upgrade parts on it. It's just frustrating that everytime I run it, I have to replace the bevel gear. I would have expected better from Losi, especially after running the living snot out of a Mini T and seeing how well that held up.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
dacaur

ah so you mean you stripped the pinion gear, not the bevel gear... the bevel gears are inside the diff, which is connected to the ring gear, the pinion is connected to the driveshaft, and turns the ring gear. Super Easy fix, upgrade to MLST2 pinion and Ring gear, they are metal.... Ive run numerous packs through my mlst2 and never had a problem, and i use a lipo....
Old 02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
fiyaweed06
My Feedback: (5)

hey i am new to electric i bought a used mini lst2 with a lipo battery,i am getting maybe 4min of run time on it.I just wanted to know was this normal or is the battery going bad i have the mamba 6800 system installed
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
dacaur

well, without knowing the capacity of the battery, its hard to say, but if you are talking about the lipo the MMB came with, thats probably pretty good with hot brushless system like that in there....
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 PM
fiyaweed06

oh! sorry yea its the one it came with i just thought i would get longer run times
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
fiyaweed06

its a 7.4 volt 1000 lipo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.