Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

So you want a mini....

Old 09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
dude54325
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So you want a mini....

Check this one out. Its my redcat tremor. Very fast when u run it at link 250-260!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005
Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 AM
mtbrider

what electric mini do you guys think will handle grass best? there is a nice grass field infront of my house with some drop ins into it, i have around 200 to spend on everything. Also it would be nice if it was somewhat easier to work on. thanks!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
3kgt

for under $200. i would say the best mini for "grass/bash" is a minizilla!!! just lots of fun and can take a beat-n. now if you want to drive something fast and good handling go with a mini buggy like: vendetta, rc18b or inferno. stay away from mini-t or m-lst unless you have alot of money to throw away.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
andrewtexas123

mt,

Get something used on ebay that is brushless lipo it will handel grass better. Personally if you have the room get a 1/10th truck these minis cant reallly take the grass..

Andrew
Old 09-22-2007, 07:22 PM
reynolddog

Whats everyones thoughts on the chaos?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:23 PM
reynolddog

Just found out my LHS stocks he jammin also. Which one is better?

This will be my first nitro!

Nevermind the crt.5 is ARR i only like RTR's (lazy) [&o]
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Moustafa
My Feedback: (1)

I have a request from knowledgeable people here. I currently have a RC18T, and I want to pick up another mini. I drive these vehicles in dirt, carpet, pavement and I would like to get into indoor racing possibly with either the new vehicle I’m going to get or with my RC18T. I’m not a basher by any means. The vehicles I have in mind are RC18MT, Mini Monster Baja, Vendetta ST and the XRAY M18T.

I wanted to try another product besides Associated, to change things up a bit, but I included it because of what I heard in the forums.

My guess is that the RC18MT would be almost identical to the RC18T with just a little bigger dimensions and bigger tires. Am I correct in thinking this or are there different hardware/parts then what’s on the RC18T?

The XRAY M18T almost looks like an identical sibling to the RC18T. Is there a big difference in the hardware or electronics? Does the XRAY even come with electronics?

The Mini Monster Baja, I know it has 2 370 motors, a 2.4 ghz radio and metal difs and 2c lipo. How is the quality of these Losi vehicles and are they just as quick out of the box as a RC18MT?

Lastly, the Vendetta ST. I have heard very good things about these vehicles. The VR380 motor, I think that’s what it comes with, is pretty good stock but I haven’t heard too much about the electronics area or the hardware.

I’m open for all suggestions and I know it would be personal preference in the end, and I know the Associated products are great out of the box but like I said I want to try something different but if there is enough influence and justification, I would think about getting another one. Thanks for all of you in helping me with this decision.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

out of all of those i would get the m18t pro kit (idk if they make a pro)
my experience with the detta st has been great
ask jae about it hes like known here as "Mr. Detta" lol
so ya stock it is great all i would recommend are....
1 servo hold down $13 (servo is held by tape)
2 better battery 12$ (stock is 650mah 12$ one is 1200mah)
3 better esc (not required but stock requires manual setup everytime)

it can handle brushless so thats great if you plan on doing that
it handles great (better than any mini ive had) (mini t, micro t, micro rs4) lol
the stress tech guarentee replaces plastic parts for free
tower stocks parts and they are cheap well most of them

recommended hop ups are those above (most needed imo)
1 heavier shock oil (or shock mod ... contact jae for that)
2 steel cvds

other than that the detta is great

you can find jae ... just search in the forums for
brushless vendetta pros cons

and you will see him

hope i could help
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Moustafa

Thanks for the fast reply carpet. I know that the M18T would be the most expensive in regards to getting something RTR. The Vendetta I've seen for 160 free shipping. I haven't checked ebay for it yet though but who knows. I guess the other dilemma I was having was whether or not I wanted to get a Monster Mini. But I've been around these forums for the past couple of days and I think I'm going to get a Vendetta St. I heard people say but it's Duratrax and that LOSI or XRAY or Associated are better buys. But I only heard one bad thing about a vandetta and I forget who posted it but maybe his expectations were out of whack. I was highly impressed with my rc18t coming out of the box like a bullet and it's sturdy as well. I'll talk to you soon carpet and when I do get the vendetta and I have concerns or questions I'll look for you or Jae. I read a lot of his reviews and also a guy named chris really likes vendettas. Thanks. Where you at, I'm in colorado.

Mark
Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
walkingcarpet900

i would highly recommending waiting for the xtm rage
comes out around late nov or dec idk

it looks like a updated mini quake

and its only 120$

pm me for more stuff bout the detta
it will be up and runnning by this upcoming weekend
i have some stuff on order

the parts are very very cheap and of hi quality

1 quark 33 pro car esc (85$ not really that cheap but lol)
2 aluminum ball diffs (atomik) (18$ each)
3 steel cvds (atomik) (21$ each for pair)
4. aluminum shocks (duratrax) (15$ per pair)
5 chassis (duratrax) (free!.... 10$ if you get it used or past 1 yr)
6 vendetta buggy wheels (4$ a pair)
7 vendetta buggy tires (5$ a pair)

i just got the buggy tires to see if there was a difference and it was only 20$
so its worth a shot and if it doesnt work its going on my touring car lol

~daniel
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Moustafa

So do you think this would be better then a vendetta? Also I was just at 1/18.com and I read someone say look at the Twisted Kaizen. Ever hear of those?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM
ssspconcepts

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005
Old 11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
bigairlife

Never.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
walkingcarpet900

yea
there like rc18s
they have a nice fm radio
3 cell or 2 cell lipo (you pick)
mamba 25 esc
and a brushless motor

i would do some more research and hear other peoples
reviews on them
and there part support [&:]
Old 11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
bigairlife

Acually yes, I have heard of the kaizen. They are, as carpet said, like rc18mt's. They have the same sloppy steering(stock) and diff destroying characteristics as the Team associated rc18mt. I would get a detta or preferably a M18t/mt
Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM
savageking

hello i have a mini-z monster truck and i will change some things what kind of other mark then kyosho
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
bigairlife

ORIGINAL: savageking

hello i have a mini-z monster truck and i will change some things what kind of other mark then kyosho
WHAT??? That doesn't make sence... [:'(][X(]
Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Wreckmaster13

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

Acually yes, I have heard of the kaizen. They are, as carpet said, like rc18mt's. They have the same sloppy steering(stock) and diff destroying characteristics as the Team associated rc18mt. I would get a detta or preferably a M18t/mt
the Kaizens are awesome, the steering slop has just been cleanned up, they are working out a deal with Drivven productions, to have the DP steering link on them as there stock link which will help any 18t or kaizen signifigantly check out the other threads type in kaizen as your subject, there are atleast 4 other threads on them
Old 12-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Wreckmaster13

Heres a video from the ROAR truck race of champions. Page down on the link till you get to post 11
TQ KAIZEN
1st KAIZEN
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=b8ce4c0224a7a5bac113445d4043ddd8&t=745444]video from Roar Truck Race[/link]
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
TheTruckingGuru

The new Team Losi Mini LST2 looks awesome I am getting one.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
RC Huligan

ORIGINAL: Moustafa

Thanks for the fast reply carpet. I know that the M18T would be the most expensive in regards to getting something RTR. The Vendetta I've seen for 160 free shipping. I haven't checked ebay for it yet though but who knows. I guess the other dilemma I was having was whether or not I wanted to get a Monster Mini. But I've been around these forums for the past couple of days and I think I'm going to get a Vendetta St. I heard people say but it's Duratrax and that LOSI or XRAY or Associated are better buys. But I only heard one bad thing about a vandetta and I forget who posted it but maybe his expectations were out of whack. I was highly impressed with my rc18t coming out of the box like a bullet and it's sturdy as well. I'll talk to you soon carpet and when I do get the vendetta and I have concerns or questions I'll look for you or Jae. I read a lot of his reviews and also a guy named chris really likes vendettas. Thanks. Where you at, I'm in colorado.
Mark
Hey Moustafa. [link=http://rcglowplugs.blogspot.com/2008/01/xray-m18t-rtr-m18mt-rtr-kits-on-sale.html]We sell the XRAY M18T RTR[/link] for $200. Tough price to beat. You won"t be disappointed with an XRAY. Top notch quality & documentation.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25808.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	857049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76995.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	857050  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
wfdfiremedic

ORIGINAL: Moustafa

I have a request from knowledgeable people here. I currently have a RC18T, and I want to pick up another mini. I drive these vehicles in dirt, carpet, pavement and I would like to get into indoor racing possibly with either the new vehicle I’m going to get or with my RC18T. I’m not a basher by any means. The vehicles I have in mind are RC18MT, Mini Monster Baja, Vendetta ST and the XRAY M18T.

I wanted to try another product besides Associated, to change things up a bit, but I included it because of what I heard in the forums.

My guess is that the RC18MT would be almost identical to the RC18T with just a little bigger dimensions and bigger tires. Am I correct in thinking this or are there different hardware/parts then what’s on the RC18T?

The XRAY M18T almost looks like an identical sibling to the RC18T. Is there a big difference in the hardware or electronics? Does the XRAY even come with electronics?

The Mini Monster Baja, I know it has 2 370 motors, a 2.4 ghz radio and metal difs and 2c lipo. How is the quality of these Losi vehicles and are they just as quick out of the box as a RC18MT?

Lastly, the Vendetta ST. I have heard very good things about these vehicles. The VR380 motor, I think that’s what it comes with, is pretty good stock but I haven’t heard too much about the electronics area or the hardware.

I’m open for all suggestions and I know it would be personal preference in the end, and I know the Associated products are great out of the box but like I said I want to try something different but if there is enough influence and justification, I would think about getting another one. Thanks for all of you in helping me with this decision.

The vendetta st's are awesome minis that are very capable on road and off. However, you need to know that if you get one there are some modifications you will need to do to make it race worthy:

1. Ball diffs
2. Steel CVD's
3. Servo Hold down
4. New ESC

Once those are done, it is a great truck. The vr3 motor isn't bad at all, especially with lipo.

Some cool things about the ST:
-It is fairly large compared to a rc18t, so it doesn't get thrown around in the dirt as much.
-The vr3 is a good motor as long as you use good batteries with a good esc.
-The 12mm hex allows you to use touring car foams, or other 10th scale tires
-The chassis is very tough and has a sealed spur/pinion with a motor mount that sets the mesh for you.
- It accepts standard 10th scale servos so you can get killer steering.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 AM
hellboy1118

good work inverted, EXCELLENT GUIDE hellped me a lot but one thing i need to know...
I have a Mini turbo 1/18 monster truck but it is slow (25k/h) so i am thingking of buying a cheap but fast motor. can anyone help me choose one??
TY
Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 AM
speel

are there any new ESC's out there? besides the ones listed
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 AM
madmax22

Whats everyones thoughts on the chaos?
They are grest fun! look on ebay they go down to like $65!!!! a-aminhobbies has them for like $80. great little cars for the price!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.