Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

The best Stadium Truck Mini?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
rcsrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best Stadium Truck Mini?

Hello, I have been thinking about getting a stadium truck mini RTR. I'm just wondering which one is the best one, at a lower price. I am looking more towards electric. Anyone can comment. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
SVT-ADRENALIN
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The best Stadium Truck Mini?

"best stadium truck" for the lowest price........> mini-t for less than $100. but the only thing i must say is: you get, what you pay for.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
*Nitstklr72*

what are u going to do with it bash or racethe mini t is a racer not a basher and the rc18 t is a more capible basher but u can race it
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM
-Inverted-

M18t
Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
akm

I would recommend the 18t, this is based on owning one for over a year. I can't recommend any other cars because I haven't owned any of them. I believe the most important thing about purchasing any car is parts support. If your LHS does not carry parts for your car it could mean a week or more of down time if you need a part. With that said, I love my 18mt very few problems and most can be fixed very inexpensively.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Doahh

RC18T... Best car eva
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
unseen1

I personally like the mini t because of the racing options, very, very wide aftermarket selection, inexpensiveness of all replacement parts, and it is one of the most fun ive had with a stadium truck large and small alike.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 PM
-Inverted-

RC18T... Best car eva
Of course you wouldnt happen to just be saying that because you own one now would you
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Mr. Mugen

well a stadium truck is 2wd so the mini t is your best option
Old 06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
lvblueyedboy

I have 5 different mini’s 3 off road and to on road. What do you want to do with it? RTR trucks or cars are a little limited in what you can do out of the box but if you are just getting started that is the way to go.

1. Mini-T 2wd ok out of the box for speed if you go with better batteries. The radio, receiver and ESC suck. I actually got the Mini-T Pro because it had most of the upgrades all ready on it. A few more upgrades and it really screams down the road. The Mini-T does not bash very well in my book it is more of a track, street or around the house truck. Me personally I feel it is limited in what it can do. It is priced around $100.00 for the stock one and Mini-T Pro after what you need to make it go around $150.00 on the cheap side. There are also a lot of upgrades or Mods that you can buy for this Team Losi and aftermarket. It is pretty easy to work on, because it is a very basic truck.

2. MLST 4wd good out of the box. It is a little slow when you first get it but it jumps and lands great. The MLST is a basher straight up it is not race ready at all. But you can jump it bang it and do pretty much anything you want to it. I don’t feel that it would win any races unless you where only racing MLSTs. It does have a few minor problems that Team Losi has been trying to fix. After replacing the diffs with the updated parts I have not had any problems at all. The price tag on this truck is right at $200.00 not bad for what you get. It does have a little better Radio FM then other RTRs. Upgrades and aftermarket upgrades are still limited because it is so new but there are more and more ever week or so. There is a lot more to this truck to is not the easiest to work on.

3. RC18MT 4wd is great out of the box. It is faster them most RTR’s out there. It is race ready on the track and it is a good basher. The RT18MT is a cross between a race truck and a basher. It is more of a race truck with a little higher ground clearance. The fact that you can get it in a buggy, Stadium truck and Monster truck is a big plus. Because you can switch between each type of RC with a small about on parts and a little work. It also has a few minor bugs that are really easy to fix. Price wise RTR $160.00 and the Factory Kit is $135.00 plus a Motor and Radio. It has tons of upgrades Team and aftermarket. This is a truck very simple to work on.

Bottom line is what do you want to with it and how much do you want to spend?

The other two are on-road cars and I really do not do much with them so I don’t have a write up for those. One is a Micro RS4 and the other is a Xmod Evo.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:09 AM
-Inverted-

Upgrades and aftermarket upgrades are still limited because it is so new but there are more and more ever week or so.
What left to come on the aftermarket, theres already replacements and option parts for every part on it.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Doahh

It's the best car ever because I've litterally beaten the crap out of it... This thing will not break.. cartwheels at WOT with a mamba 8kkv... Front flips back flips and I havent even gotten to track performance yet... probably will later
Old 06-13-2006, 02:48 PM
andrewtexas123

basicly if you have money to puut in it get the mini t
Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Capgun_Slim

The 18T is great, with only having to put a minimal of dollars, and labor to make it a very durable screamer. BUT, I really would like to see what a Kyosho Mini Inferno ST is like. I've heard it's awesome too. Maybe even a bit better than the 18T stock out of the box. It has a lot of hop up parts already on it stock, and it's very close in price to the 18T. Maybe someone here who has one can chime in?