Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Over HEATING

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
fast runner 34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over HEATING

To get top speed from your mini lst you need to have a big pinion and a small spur. this setup will attract overheating to your motor and esc. so my question is how can you prevent over heating or stop it from happening.

Any of your answers will be of use.

Thanks[8D]
Old 06-12-2006, 07:46 PM
mycarisaser

Default RE: Over HEATING

stock I wouldnt recommend that you change the gearing but up your cells to 7. If you need more speed than that get faster motors it will save you in the long run.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Captincoke

I was having over heating problems so i cut holes in the windshield for air circulation. It works for the most part. I still get heat issues every once in a while like when I run through grass. I run 7 cells and mini max motors. Stock gearing.

Capt'n
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Gex_61

My mini-t gets pretty warm. I to cut a hole in my windshield for better airflow and it really makes a difference. Other than that, keep your motor clean and lube the bearings in it every other run.