Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

gpm racing diff gears?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
tankmandan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gpm racing diff gears?

has anybody bought these gears and are they any good and what was the price? dan
Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: gpm racing diff gears?

If your talking about the lst diff gears, then no they dont do the job. Certainly an upgrade over stock though.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 AM
KamikazeParanoia

GPM suck, i had a GPM spur in my TL01 and it stripped and so did the pinion in under 5 mins of drifting (didnt even hit anything)[]
Old 08-24-2006, 08:45 AM
83gt

ORIGINAL: KamikazeParanoia

GPM suck, i had a GPM spur in my TL01 and it stripped and so did the pinion in under 5 mins of drifting (didnt even hit anything)[]
That is a rediculous statement. You can't say that GPM sucks because you got a spur gear and stripped it. You may have had the mesh wrong, or it slipped out of adjustment during running. At any rate, 1 bad spur gear does not equal a sucky company. GPM makes alot of good parts. This thread is about GPM diff gears, if you don't have them, then there is no reason for you to post negative comments here.

I have been running the GPM gears since thier release. If you pair them with the GPM gearboxes they do very well. Not so great in the stock boxes, but still workable. I managed to get 10 packs through my MLST with a wraith/quark combo and 2.2" rims and tires. That is about 9.99 battery packs longer than the stock gears would have lasted! They are definately not unbreakable, but a darn sight better than the stock gears.

J.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

83 gt, i believe someone wanted you in the "Is one18th Done for Anyone?" Its about a sale from one18th and since the site is down something something.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:23 PM
tankmandan

how hard is it to get the mlst diff. gears from gpm and what is the price for them? i have summited an order but no answer from them as fo yet?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:18 PM
83gt

Wait for a response from GPM or pay a couple bucks extra and get them from www.thetoyz.com. GPM is easy to work with, but you also have to remember the time difference is huge. Usually they get back to me within 24 hours.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 PM
cnguyen831

I just got 2 of those diffs. The screws are so small. Anyone know of a screwdiver set that can open them? I guess I have to take one of those eye glass screwdrivers to open up the diffs.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:21 AM
-Inverted-

I used a super small eye glasses flat blade screwdriver , I couldn't find a philips head in my arsenal that would do the job.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Jrgunn5150

ORIGINAL: cnguyen831

I just got 2 of those diffs. The screws are so small. Anyone know of a screwdiver set that can open them? I guess I have to take one of those eye glass screwdrivers to open up the diffs.

You can find "jewler's" or "precision" screwdrivers at any Wal Mart, Radio Shack, or Sear's.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:06 PM
carmatic1

ive just installed bearings and drivecups on one of these diffs (stock drivecups and fullforcerc bearings) , and i must say there is a huge bind in the spider gears, like the 2 drivecup gears are squeezing against the spider gears ... they still turn, but not without alot of grinding...i cant even get the screw panels all the way in.... im scared that at this rate the spider gears are gonna melt when i use these diffs...
Old 08-27-2006, 07:00 AM
83gt

Hrm. Make sure they're meshing correctly. A couple of mine were that way, a bit stiff and allmost "clicky" feeling when you spin the outdrives opposite directions. They worked in just fine.

J.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:01 AM
GPM_racer

Originally Posted by BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
If your talking about the lst diff gears, then no they dont do the job. Certainly an upgrade over stock though.
I have spur gear on my axial yeti xl and all is without problems you must do something wrong