Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

How do I decharge NiMh batteries w/Turnigy Accucel 6? Checked the manual

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

How do I decharge NiMh batteries w/Turnigy Accucel 6? Checked the manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
salil
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I decharge NiMh batteries w/Turnigy Accucel 6? Checked the manual

I can't seem to find a tutorial on NiMh, everything is lipo. I looked at the manual and followed the direction for dechargingNiMh batteries but when I test my battery (traxxas powercell series 1) in my car, the ESC still powers up, steering is responsive and throttle can barely move the car, (but it does a little bit) shouldn't it be more decharged than this? I set the decharge voltage to .1v, what does this do? I checked the voltage on the battery and it certainly isn't anywhere near .1vit's just under 6v. I feel liket he voltages the charger is displaying while charging or decharging to correlate to the actual voltage... Also, what voltage should I have the charger stop charing these traxxas powercell series 1 batteries at (6 cell battery pack I believe)??Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I decharge NiMh batteries w/Turnigy Accucel 6? Checked the manual

No, it is essentially discharged. I wasn't aware that a setting of .1 volts could be used. It can be either a per cell number or total number. There also isn't a voltage to set (or voltage to charge to) for NI types stop setting in the charger. It will stop when full regardless of the voltage. You may be able to set the number of cells or the nominal pack voltage however.