Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

BRUSHLESS HELP!! WHY IS THIS SO HARD???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
jaymac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUSHLESS HELP!! WHY IS THIS SO HARD???

OK -for my xray 18MT I ordered an AON 4900 with quark 22a and 3racing alloy motor mount with cooling fan and as I am reasonably new to RC, today I had my local hobby shop solder deans plugs on the esc, battery and charger. So I get home all excited to put the motor and esc in ready for some fun tomorrow and what do I find - once one motor mounting screw is in, the other hole will not line up, and yes I did try the other 2 holes. So I thought oh well I'll just use the xray standard composite one and the same problem (both sets of holes) I can see that if I make the holes in either mount bigger I might be able to line the holes up but the sides of the holes will be almost non-existant and certainly break away. Is it just me or is it normally this hard? Any advice will be help (if you are tempted to say "you should have bought a Losi or Associated" - DONT! [>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43043.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	524292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83958.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	524293  
Old 09-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Doahh

Default RE: BRUSHLESS HELP!! WHY IS THIS SO HARD???

your mounting screw looks too big... and don't torque it down all the way just get it started and start the other ones and gradually screw them both in
Old 09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
jaymac

ORIGINAL: Doahh

your mounting screw looks too big... and don't torque it down all the way just get it started and start the other ones and gradually screw them both in
The mounting screw is the standard M3 that came with the xray motor - irrespective of the screw head size, when I even start one hole - there is no way on god's green earth that the second screw thread will line up with the hole ie: the holes on the motor do not line up with either motor mount.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Real Slim Shady

All motors that I have seen use a variety of mounting holes that are non-symmetrically spaced. This allows you to rotate the motor can in order to find a line-up that will fit with different motor mounts. You didn't mention that you tried this, so maybe give it a go?[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
jaymac

ORIGINAL: Real Slim Shady

All motors that I have seen use a variety of mounting holes that are non-symmetrically spaced. This allows you to rotate the motor can in order to find a line-up that will fit with different motor mounts. You didn't mention that you tried this, so maybe give it a go?[sm=drowning.gif]
Thanks for the feedback - sorry, when I said I tried both sets of holes, I meant that I rotated the motor and tried both the 2 positions.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
-Inverted-

Hence the reason XRAY stated "for use with 300 motors". Your using a 370.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 AM
jaymac

I just showed the xray composite one as an example. I ordered the 3racing alloy mount with the AON motor and esc so I kinda thought that the supplier would have said "the AON motor does not fit the motor mount that you have also ordered" but thats what you get for not buying from someone like b-p-p!
Anyway, with some advice I have managed to dremel out the alloy motor mount in various sections and it fits
Old 09-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Seek and Destroy

Is it working good now?