Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Whats a good servo for rc18t?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
g-townmach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good servo for rc18t?

I got a new rc18t a couple of weeks ago just to play around w/ out in the street. There are two things that bother me: One, the steering servo is glitching. Ya know, making it twitch and at high speeds it gets annoying. Two, the steering servo won't hold a trim setting. The little servo saver mounted right on the servo seems like its moving constantly on its setting. One minute it will pull to the left, after a little bump, it will pull to the right. So i was going to order some alum steering pieces, like the arm or bellcrank or w/e theyre calling it, and a new servo. Anyone got advice on a good micro servo?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Tommy Z

Default RE: Whats a good servo for rc18t?

HS65 (MG) on my 18T...Really good quality servo for this model
Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Gex_61

I'm not sure that the servo would cause glitching, but the saver is definitely a problem. You need to cut a groove in the stock plastic ring on the servo saver, then use an old spring or something to put in the groove and stiffen up the saver. Or just buy these to do the same thing- http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T That might fix the problem so that you don't need to buy anything.

If you still want to replace the servo, then I also recommend the HS65MG.

I don't suggest buying aluminum steering parts; they will have just as much slop. People on here will suggest that you buy a DP drag link to help with the steering slop. http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T My dad has one and he says it helps, but I'm convinced that the stock links work just fine. I have always used the stock links, and have won many races, dirt oval and offroad. Just make sure everything is as tight as it can be while still operating smoothly.

Also, if you just got your rc18, you might want to get a shim set for the differentials. This car has been known to have gear problems (especially in the rear). I would keep an eye on your gearbox, and if you ever notice any play, add a shim or two so that the gears don't wear sooner than they should. I always use about 3 or 4. I think it comes stock with 2, but I could be wrong. http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T
Old 10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

What ever you do don't buy the hs-55, it won't work. i had this problem and i went to my LHS and they were out of stock in the hs65 so they sold me an HS-8?MG, very nice servo. but it hardly fits and i had to enlarge the stock servo holes and mod one of the servo horn to become a bellcrank. once again i'm thinking of doing some metal work because the plastic servo arm bends very easy. i would recamend the HS-65MG but remember for about $10 less you can get a servo that hardly fits and has more torque.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM
g-townmach

thanks for the replys