Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Figit090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes! thank you! so that's the same exact set as the one i posted? that one makes total sence but the picture i posted its hard to see the tips and how they're made. i thought they were closed ball-ends on the first two sets and flat turnbuckles that don't pivot in two directions for the 3rd set - if that makes sense
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Brakethenupgrade

I just ordered a micro-t and, I already love it but, what parts should i first get for it and, how fast does it go bone stock...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say the steering/camber link set that is shown above would be a worthy purchase. On mine the rear camber links are always breaking. Stock it goes fast! But, after about a day of running youll be wanting more. From what i have heard the atomic BB motor is good. Other than that i cant think of anything alse. Oh if you put the tires on so the inside of the wheel is facing out it will handle better. And IMO it looks cool too. I put the front shocks in the rear and the rear shocks in the front to make it prerunner style. I didnt get any performance gains fron it but it looks cool.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
dacaur

Best first mod = Ball Bearings in the wheels! I haven't had any problems with my links breaking... but then i try not to hit stuff (I still hit it, i just TRY not too lol!) Personally, i dont plan to get any solid links for the front... all that will do is transfer the stress to other parts that cost more and are harder to replace...
Old 09-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Figit090

I AGREE. bearings REALLY free up the drivetrain and although you might think your car spins fine now...while it's under weight and moving it really is waisting a lot of energy to friction. i was suprised at how much faster the truck went...and with the addition of zip ties to as shock clips...it wheelies almost on command on linoleum (kitchen floor), and always on carpet. really fun stuff. plus there is no front wheel jitter under hard turning....which means its more controllable, and now it oversteers rather than understeers.

next i'm going for a lipo and better motor.

does anyone know if those ebay 460mAh or whatever packs will fry or damage the trucks electronics or anything? i'd love a longer runtime.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
!burnz

BEARINGS!!
Also go for the Losi Lipo if you have the money. It seems every couple of months Killer Hobbies has a free shipping weekend and you can score a lipo from them for around $30 for just the battery or $40 for the charger combo. It's real quick now. Your going from 4.8V to 7.4V. The battery's a little tight though, but it will fit.
Threaded axles are a toss up. Tried the HR's and ended up putting the clips back on the front. To get them tight enough to stay on you end up locking the front wheels where they won't turn. Haven't tried the Losi's yet, but I have them. Waiting on the next fur ball attack.
So far, knock on wood, I haven't broken anything yet. These things are a blast. I'm fixin to start ordering and painting some bodies for it.
I have ordered 2X from Killer Hobbies and I receive my order 2 days later. So far I've have great service from them.
http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/l...-baja/list.htm
The Toys has alot of parts for the micro. They have some Killer doesn't have. You also get 10% off your first order. I haven't ordered from them yet, but I am in the next day or two.
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...JA&action=list

Here's the body I'm wantin. I have as much fun painting bodies as I do running my cars. Haven't tried something this small before though.
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...ame=MICRO%20T#

Sorry for the book
Chris
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 AM
nitro _ burner

Ok everyone, the reason some of you havnt seen me on here for a long time is because im missung the TX/RX on my micro t, and i was going to sell it....
BUT I realy dont want to sell it, its soooo much fun!!! and my LHS has got the losi lipo in now!! So i was wonderin' does anyone have a TX/RX they want to sell, cheap??
I realy need and want one and i cant afford a $60 at my LHS.......
Cheers,
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM
!burnz

Your Tx is dead also?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Nafets

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

Ok everyone, the reason some of you havnt seen me on here for a long time is because im missung the TX/RX on my micro t, and i was going to sell it....
BUT I realy dont want to sell it, its soooo much fun!!! and my LHS has got the losi lipo in now!! So i was wonderin' does anyone have a TX/RX they want to sell, cheap??
I realy need and want one and i cant afford a $60 at my LHS.......
Cheers,

Are you looking for the handheld controller(TX), the ESC/Receiver box(RX) on the car, or both? I might have a spare controller(TX). PM me with an offer.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
dabro15

Hello, my friend got a micro-t off ebay and we cannot figure out how to charge it. We plugged the charger directly into the battery and that didnt work. Where do you plug the charger in?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Jrgunn5150

The battery, does it have good batteries in the charger?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
dabro15

Yes the charger AA batteries are brand new
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
TrailBlazer250

the light should turn red for about 25 minutes. it may be broken. make sure the batteries are all in correctly, and that they are alkaline.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Figit090

i think my charger is defective because it false peaks no matter HOW fresh (brand new) the are...so i'm going to probably pick up a new one. or i'll do it some other way...
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Mini_Me

I got to see and touch one of the 3 racing chassis in person at Daves Mini Hobby today. They really are the nicest ones I have seen yet, especially for $30.

I was very tempted, but couldn't justify spending that much for something that wouldn't make much difference.

The 3 racing gearbox works like a charm. I didn't have to shim my diff and it smoother than it was.

Only real complaint was one of my shocks came slightly bent. So it would stick at full compression. I'm working right now on getting it replaced. As others have said thought, these are oil filled, and are the nicest by far.

I also picked up the aluminum rear motor guard mostly for a bit more heat dissipation.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 AM
nitro _ burner

Sorry everyone, i meant that my TX has gone....
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 AM
KRO

Sorry everyone, i meant that my TX has gone....
You can use any AM transmitter , just switch the RX's crystal , do you have any other RTR cars ?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:54 AM
andrewtexas123

Any one have a micro t they want to trade for something pm me

Andrew
Old 09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Jrgunn5150

ORIGINAL: dabro15

Yes the charger AA batteries are brand new

Then the pack itself is suspect.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
dacaur

yea any AM 27Mhz Tx will work fine (75Mhz also comes in AM,so be sure to specify. My mini quake came with a 75Mhz AM radio) I use my micro T Transmitter to control one of my radio shack cars that happens to be on the same channel (2)
Old 09-14-2007, 01:50 AM
nitro _ burner

damn damn damn. i meant that i need a need a new RX.
Sorry.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:53 AM
!burnz

The Toys has a micro receiver listed for the micro-t if you don't mind paying more than you did for the micro to start with. Lipo support and cutoff.
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=MICRO T
Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Frozen72

That's just an esc not a reciver and esc. You should just get a new eletronics board.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 PM
dacaur

you would be better off just buying a new micro-t!! Then I bet you could easily sell the TX for $20 and the chassis for $30-$40 after you take out the RX/ESC board....
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Figit090

ORIGINAL: dacaur

you would be better off just buying a new micro-t!! Then I bet you could easily sell the TX for $20 and the chassis for $30-$40 after you take out the RX/ESC board....
he's partially pretty correct... a like new micro-t runs about 50-60 dollars right now on ebay, but i dont know about a rolling chassis. 30 is on the high side i think. i would NOT pay 40 dollars for a full chassis unless it was brand new and the seperate parts bought on ebay added up to anything CLOSE to that. but selling one might yield a decent profit i'm not sure... best way is to check yourself with an ebay account.

does anyone know and have a good description of what a FET is? ebay has "turbo FETs" and I'm wondering what they are, what they do, and if the ones on ebay are worth the average 10 dollars they are asking.... then they mention stacking i think or something...i just have no clue and if somone could sum it up that would be awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.