Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 149 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4876

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actuallly i dont think it is a esc also..

because if you read its description it says nowhere in it that it is an esc..

here read the description...

Looking for a simple and affordable way to upgrade the electronics in your Losi Micro Vehicle?THE 27MHZ AM RECEIVER/ 3 WIRE SERVO is what you need to complete the conversion to the Losi Xcelorin brushless system (LOSB9594). The conversion to a brushless system requires the use of a standard three wire receiver and servo in order to be compatible with the Xcelorin ESC. The 27MHz AM Receiver is compatible with the stock Micro Vehicle 27mhz AM transmitter. This eliminates the need to purchase a new transmitter.
    If you arent breaking anything then you arent having enough fun!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright, well the stock battery and charger dont work. so i bought a lipo!!! fun stuff, its charging now, and i cant wait. hopefully i dont break anything on its first run....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maxxin that would not make sense if it wasnt..... the stock esc looks the SAME and the stock esc is also a reciever but cant take a 3 wire servo.
    They call me \"butthead\".......

I went to go click on this thread at the top of page 1 and it wasnt there! So i had to search for it..

But if i unsolder the switch all together from the board will it still work? I imagine it will just turn on when i plug the battery in
    I need to find a less expensive hobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went to go click on this thread at the top of page 1 and it wasnt there! So i had to search for it..

But if i unsolder the switch all together from the board will it still work? I imagine it will just turn on when i plug the battery in
    ...I don't think so, you would have to add a jumper wire to the board where the switch was in order to complete the circuit.

maxxin that would not make sense if it wasnt..... the stock esc looks the SAME and the stock esc is also a reciever but cant take a 3 wire servo.

The new Losi micro receiver is just an RX , there is no ESC built in .

Losi brought it out specificaly for the micro Excelorin system .
    Ten SCTE , LST2 ,Micro SCT , Tekno 8ight T , RCSC8
    B44 , Hyper 10SC , E-REVO , Micro DT , Tekno D8

Some thoughts on the Micro Brushless Upgrade:

First: The Losi "How To" looks like it is aimed at not just a brushless upgrade; the recommended receiver is also Spektrum. I don't think Spekctrum receiver will work with the transmitter that ships with the Micro. For example, I have a Spektrum on my Mini Baja and I tried using it on my Micro DT; doesn't work. REmember that the standard system is AM; I suspect Spektrum is not AM.

Second; The required bits and pieces. The combination of parts recommended by Maxxin gives you: a (BL motor & ESC) and (AM compatible receiver & 3 pin compatible servo). I think you need all these parts.

First bit of Kit: the motor & ESC. This does not look like it includes a receiver. Look at most of the systems out there, except for the Micro series, everything is separate modules for receiver and ESC. I think for brushless you need a better ESC; and once you get that, you are now into the "separate module" world and need a separate receiver. The Maxxin-recommended receiver is AM compatible receiver, so you don't need a new transmitter. The Losi recommended receiver will require a Spektrum transmitter as well.

Second bitof kit: Receiver & 3 pin compatible servo. Need for receiver is straight forward as described above. However, this has a knock on effect: the Losi system, which really cuts down on parts and space, has a 5 pin connection (non-standard). The standard receivers and servos are 3-pin. Along with the receiver, you need to go to a 3-pin servo, which is included in the kit.

Since I have a Spektrum transmitter, I might be more inclined to go with the set up in the Losi How To; I like being able to change frequencies. For both upgrades, you end up with standard 3-pin connections, which is what I am needing to put in a Novak Low Voltage Cutoff; but it sure is getting TIGHT in there. The standard set up has LOTS of room compared to the photo in the Losi How To!!!

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks..

i hope that helps people understand that the losi three wire servo is ONLY a receiver not esc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol sorry maxxin..... what i heard was wrong from people on a different forum. lol. i'd still go with the older losi set up because i have a 75mhz radio and cant use 75mhz with 27 mhz....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah but that spektrum receiver is still gonna cost a little bit...
    probly more than the three wire servo..
    and plus if you go with the old setup yo still have to buy a whole new TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seems you're both a bit confused. To start with the Losi 3 wire servo is only a servo it is neither a receiver nor ESC.

Maybe this will help:

The stock all-in-one circuit board has three primary circuits all on the same board:
    β€’ Brushed Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
    β€’ Servo Driver
    β€’ Receiver

To run a brushless motor you need to replace all three circuits with individual components:
    β€’ A brushless ESC to replaces the brushed ESC portion of the stock all-in-one.
    β€’ A three wire servo, its internal circuit board replaces the Servo Driver section of the all-in-one.
    β€’ And a receiver, to replace the receiver section of the all in one.

Losi part number: LOSB0830 is a combo package; with it you get a 27MHz AM Receiver and a 3 Wire Servo for only $28.49, not a bad deal at all. But you still need a brushless ESC and motor so for an additional $49.99 you can order the Team Losi Xcelorin 8750kv Brushless motor and ESC combo package. That’s a total of $78.48 plus shipping for the brushless motor and all three separate components you need to replace the stock brushed motor, all-in-one circuit board, and stock 5 wire servo that requires the all-in-one circuit board because it does not have an internal servo driver circuit board.

That’s an easy and relatively inexpensive way to go brushless, however if you want to impress the neighbors, assuming your neighbor is a RC fan an can be impressed by a Micro with a few more dollars and considerably more work you could use:

β€’ A 2.4GHz Spektrum SR3500 Micro Receiver, around $80. But of course you need a Spektrum DSM Compatible Radio to use that module. So let me Recommend the Airtronics M-11 with DSM module or the equally impressive Futaba 3PKS with DSM module if you plan on some serious 1/10th scale or larger scale racing, sure their around $400 for Radio and Module but it’s only money right. Of course if you’re into Mini-Z’s then it’s the KoPropo EX-10 with DSM module (approx. $300) for you, or if you just plain want to look cool the Spektrum DX3R is a show stopper for around the same price. Of course techies might like a Nomadio, and there are a few other slightly cheaper choices but as you can see if you are not already into racing other scales they can be expensive if not down right impractical.

β€’ Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro $69.95 + an additional optional but worth while $25 for the Castle Link USB Programming kit. Sure it’s intended for 1/18th scale but for the ultimate Micro-T setup there’s nothing hotter. Smooth, powerful, computer programmable, and here’s the kicker it can run brushed motors too. What’s not to love? Ok I’ll tell soldering skills, and connectors, plus for a clean fit in a Micro the wiring needs a little downsizing along with repositioning of the large capacitor.

β€’ JR SM22 Hi Speed Sub-Micro Servo, $21.95 plus $4.99 for a LOSB0820 servo saver. Or shoot if you’ve gone this far why not go for broke and find a nice little digital sub-micro, haven’t tried it but it’s entirely possible.

β€’ And of course that all important Team Losi Micro 1 / 36 Xcelorin 10250Kv Brushless motor, $26.99.

That’s more or less $225 (ouch I didn’t want to know that) can’t honestly say its worth every penny except that if you grow tired of it all but the motor can be swapped over to a 1/18th scale chassis for an ultimate brushless Mini setup.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

we all know what wee need just madmaxx was a little confused on what the losi three wire servo really was..
    he thought its was the esc and the three wire receiver..
    but we explained to him that it was only a three wire receiver and a three wire servo that you need to complete the brushless esc and motor combo..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: maxxin2.5

we all know what wee need just madmaxx was a little confused on what the losi three wire servo really was..
    he thought its was the esc and the three wire receiver..
    I hope you are trying to say that he was confused as to what the β€œTeam Losi 27MHz AM Receiver 3 Wire Servo Combo” package is and not just the seperate servo that comes in that combo package.

i.e. this receiver and servo combo + this brushless motor and ESC combo = all you need

but we explained to him that it was only a three wire receiver and a three wire servo that you need to complete the brushless esc and motor combo..
    Affirmative

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i thought you guys knew what i was tlaking about when i said losi three wire servo..
    i was meaning the three wire servo combo yes..
    i get that it comes with a three wire receiver and servo

So are we done with that? I think the latin term is "equis mortis"

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JPerrone

...I am needing to put in a Novak Low Voltage Cutoff; but it sure is getting TIGHT in there...

For your project scrap the low voltage cut-off you don’t need it. When the LiPo needs it the car will slow more than enough to let you know it's charging time even with the stock circuit board, and a LVC won’t protect you if you forget to turn off the car.

Besides the Excelorin ESC has an internal 2S LiPo cut-off voltage setting, so does the Mamba and the new Sidewinder. BTW if your going with the Spektrum SR3500 receiver I highly recommend forking out a few extra bucks for a Sidewinder ESC instead of Excelorin I have both and although the Excelorin is easier to install but its not even close to being in the same league as a Mamba or Sidewinder.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JPerrone

So are we done with that? I think the latin term is "equis mortis"

Regards

yup :P

I knew it was an ESC I forgot you couldent use the BL with it though...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry my computer was having problems.
    Ok so I did some research and the ultamate micro t hop up mod would cost about 1640 dollars
    that would include getting a new transmitter and totally changing the inside look of the car from the stock black to blue red and black and other colors in a totally different formation
    really expensive mod but I bet it would be worth it
    Could everybody give their opinion on this modifacation
    thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how much money??
    was that a typo?

and are you totally changing the design of the car//
    do you have 1600$ to sepdn on a little micro ??

Thanks for the good info LBRC. I completely overlooked that some ESC's have a built in LVC; my Rustler VXL does.

My upgrade plan for this Micro DT is:
    - Threaded axles;
    - Ball bearings all the way arouond;
    - Ball diff (maybe);
    - Two LiPO in parallel to increase run time (only)
    - When/if the motor goes, a good bb motor.

Brushless sounds great but it's a bit of money. I'd rather put that money into a BL for my MiniBaja. The micro is an indoor car just for fooling around when we don't have time to go to the field

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1640 that wasn't a typo
    I was suprised too when it added up to that much
    bet it coould go 20 mph easily

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

20 MPH!
    thats slow..
    with a brushless system and a lipo you can go 35+ mph
    heck with just a lipo and stock motor can do over 20..

check this out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6AURSasCk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

20 mph was a typo
    I meant 40 mph
    I'm writing all this from my iPhone

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ohh ok.. 40 sounds more like something with brushless and lipo..
    no wait.. a well broken in atomic bb motor and a 250 mah lipo./. butstill..thats fast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any recomendations for well made aluminum stering, suspension parts.

The stock plastic parts have alot of play. Went to The Toyz site and there are several manufactures making simular pieces. I'd hate to buy a full set of aluminun gear just to discover the same slop, or binding.