Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 AM
KRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long is the micro dt?
I get about 5 1/2 inches bumper too bumper ...
Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
eminentguitar

thats it? bugger how long to charge them up? Maybe ill just get some extra batteries for it when I get one. Have you guys seen the ones that are for sale on ebay? They usually sell for average 60 dollars for 3 of them I think there the dt's but there untested and might not work so they say. Good deal?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:26 AM
maxxin2.5

i think its a good deal because you can steal the parts off the other micros you got and make on work..
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
gokartingbob455

where do you get the charger from for the aero nuts lipo?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:30 AM
cmerritt

well guys after asking all of those questions about lipos and chargers etc. i decided to rethink my purchase and decided to sell my micro t. i now have a car and need gas $$$!. so my question is should i sell it as a whole or part it out??

upgrades:
alum rear knuckels
alum rear pivot block
alum shocks
3racing wheels/tires
bb motor
bearings
threaded axles
integy CVD
losi lipo
alum front bulkhead
alum front pivot block
alum engine cover
alum spur gear
3 sets of extra wheels/tires
2 screw kits
4 extra trannies
2 extra nimh batts.
some other misc. items
Old 08-12-2008, 01:44 AM
maxxin2.5

dont sell it!
its not worth it..
that gas will be gone in a week.. probaby less!
just mow some lawns r get a job or do some chores.. idk!
but dude dont sell it.. you wont get as much money back as you spent on it...
Old 08-12-2008, 01:49 AM
rmoetken

Wow your getting 10 minutes+ outta your micro? Is that brushless or what? I'm lucky to get 5 outta this stock setup
Old 08-12-2008, 02:25 AM
KRO

Well its been along time since i was stock , just going by what I can remember ....
Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 AM
maxxin2.5

i have never been stock.. wel for the first day.. i had bearing in a couple days!
haha
Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
rmoetken

I think my diff had a played a big roll in the run time. Its running longer now and the diff isn't acting so much as a posi diff, and its coasting. I'll see how it goes, I plan on getting the brushless setup anyway soon.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Figit090

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

thats it? bugger how long to charge them up? Maybe ill just get some extra batteries for it when I get one. Have you guys seen the ones that are for sale on ebay? They usually sell for average 60 dollars for 3 of them I think there the dt's but there untested and might not work so they say. Good deal?
Hobby-e-mart is a good seller, from what I saw when i bought a micro from them. It felt like buying from a large seller like tower. I purchased a single micro-t from them when they used to sell tested singles. obviously they've been acquiring many more rejects now and its probably more profitable for them to sell the things in bulk... or pay someone to put batteries in 9 or so of these every week and do a range test....etc...

I'd say if you'd like a bit of fun and don't mind the "grab bag" feel of not knowing how the trucks will actually be, 3 micros for 70 or 80 dollars (not 60...they go as high as 140 dollars per set!) is a good deal. There's a set right now going for 75 and its not even done, so right now they're selling like hotcakes.

Best case scenario is you get three working trucks with minor flaws.
Worst case is you get three trucks with dud ESC's, and you end up with a crapload of spare parts that you get to use as push-toys until you get an ESC.

There are so many things that could go wrong though, it can be anything from a broken turnbuckle (yeah they DID have some that looked to ONLY have a broken turnbuckle and they ended up at Hobby-e-mart, which i'm guessing is a wholesale as-is seller for Losi's rejects) to shot electronics. do like they say and study the pictures, figure out why they are being sold as-is and make your decisions. They look nice! just up to you to do the testing and deal with what you find

HOWEVER, if the worst happened, you could probably sell one chassis worth of parts back on ebay and make enough to fix up the other one or two you keep. New or new-condition parts sell fairly well enough...

My micro was perfect except the charger was bad. I forget what was in the listing, maybe that it had poor range or something but i found out the truck was perfect, and unused. The box was the original, had everything in it, and even had a Hobby-e-mart sticker on it that was checked "new", not used, because aside from obvious rejection in testing, it was new. The charger kept false peaking so I'm guessing it was the culprit. I don't know exactly how these things end up at Hobby-e-mart, but returns have to go someplace, and this is probably where. I've seen some with dirty tires but for the most part they are unused for whatever reason.

BTW, stock charger is crap. haha. well...i think it is sub-par. when i get my lipo i'm going to jolt my old ni-mh packs with my super brain and see if they'll wake up a bit
its fine for messing around the school parking lot when you have no wall-socket, or at a park, but for home use...i mean come ON it takes 8 AA batteries! you'll use up the cost of the truck in a few packs of duracell's if you dont use rechargeable AA's in THAT thing. and i dont even know if the dropped voltage of a ni-mh AA will work! (1.2v per cell vs 1.5 in alkaline) its what keeps me from running mine, hence getting the lipo.

DANG that was a long post. bedtime.

BY THE WAY, has anyone used or heard about how losi's new oil-filled rebuildable shocks are for this thing? i think i'm down for a set they look nice...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 PM
mikemcnair

new BL ESC finally in, and 3R carbon chassis, and oh my lord this thing flies!!!!! wheelies from part throttle are nothing.

now, i have a wicked steering issue that is confusing the hell outa me. it is as if i cannot center my servo, and can't adjust out the issue with the DX3.0.

i will figure it out, and post pix/vid.

oh, and what are others using to attach the body to the 3R carbon chassis? i had velcrow on the stocker, but no place to put it on the carbon one.....

Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 PM
maxxin2.5

body clips?

i use 1/10 body clips on the front shock tower of mine.. works great!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 AM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: Figit090

Hobby-e-mart is a good seller, from what I saw when i bought a micro from them. It felt like buying from a large seller like tower. I purchased a single micro-t from them when they used to sell tested singles. obviously they've been acquiring many more rejects now and its probably more profitable for them to sell the things in bulk... or pay someone to put batteries in 9 or so of these every week and do a range test....etc...

I'd say if you'd like a bit of fun and don't mind the "grab bag" feel of not knowing how the trucks will actually be, 3 micros for 70 or 80 dollars (not 60...they go as high as 140 dollars per set!) is a good deal. There's a set right now going for 75 and its not even done, so right now they're selling like hotcakes.

Worst case is you get three trucks with dud ESC's, and you end up with a crapload of spare parts that you get to use as push-toys until you get an ESC.

There are so many things that could go wrong though, it can be anything from a broken turnbuckle (yeah they DID have some that looked to ONLY have a broken turnbuckle and they ended up at Hobby-e-mart, which i'm guessing is a wholesale as-is seller for Losi's rejects) to shot electronics. do like they say and study the pictures, figure out why they are being sold as-is and make your decisions. They look nice! just up to you to do the testing and deal with what you find

HOWEVER, if the worst happened, you could probably sell one chassis worth of parts back on ebay and make enough to fix up the other one or two you keep. New or new-condition parts sell fairly well enough...

My micro was perfect except the charger was bad. I forget what was in the listing, maybe that it had poor range or something but i found out the truck was perfect, and unused. The box was the original, had everything in it, and even had a Hobby-e-mart sticker on it that was checked "new", not used, because aside from obvious rejection in testing, it was new. The charger kept false peaking so I'm guessing it was the culprit. I don't know exactly how these things end up at Hobby-e-mart, but returns have to go someplace, and this is probably where. I've seen some with dirty tires but for the most part they are unused for whatever reason.

BTW, stock charger is crap. haha. well...i think it is sub-par. when i get my lipo i'm going to jolt my old ni-mh packs with my super brain and see if they'll wake up a bit
its fine for messing around the school parking lot when you have no wall-socket, or at a park, but for home use...i mean come ON it takes 8 AA batteries! you'll use up the cost of the truck in a few packs of duracell's if you dont use rechargeable AA's in THAT thing. and i dont even know if the dropped voltage of a ni-mh AA will work! (1.2v per cell vs 1.5 in alkaline) its what keeps me from running mine, hence getting the lipo.

BY THE WAY, has anyone used or heard about how losi's new oil-filled rebuildable shocks are for this thing? i think i'm down for a set they look nice...
Well man there are 2 sets that im checkin out with less then one day left so far there both under 30 dollars I think im going to have to get the set of three sometime my lhs has all the parts for them so even if there no good ill be able to fix em up. How do I go about using my dx 3.0 with them???
Old 08-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Figit090

i'm guessing the dx 3.0 is a spektrum? any new radio not able to transmit to the stock reciever in the truck will require you to get a new RX and ESC for your micro, as they are combined as one in the stock micro-t. i dont know much about spektrums but i doubt you'd be able to do it without buying another RX and a micro speed controller. might as well go brushless at that point....since you'd be buying a new ESC anyways.

so you could spend the money on one good micro instead of three and hop it up right off the batt.... its up to you.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 AM
cmerritt

if your using your dx3 you need to buy a spektrum micro receiver and i would say just go brushless and use that esc. you will also need a new servo.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Desert RC

Mike I was having issues with my 3racing cf chassis and servo staying center. I give up to the servo shifting slightly during the run...But when I servo taped it down it made the servo arm bind. I have not done so yet but I am guessing that a little 3m double sided tape should be the trick as it will not raise it up high enough to bind. Also as far as the body I am back to good ol body clips.

Im ready to see the video!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Desert RC

ORIGINAL: Figit090

Well man there are 2 sets that im checkin out with less then one day left so far there both under 30 dollars I think im going to have to get the set of three sometime my lhs has all the parts for them so even if there no good ill be able to fix em up. How do I go about using my dx 3.0 with them???
I used to watch these very closely...still do kinda. But they almost always go for over $110. Best case senerio you will have at least one bad esc...maybe/prob more. I got a NIB micro T for $51 on ebay a few weeks ago, they come around. I also know a place that is selling the DT for $67 NIB not on ebay. The way I see it if you can get 2 with warranty and NIB for the price of three "who knows what condition" my rational is get the NIB!!! my 2 cents.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 AM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

Mike I was having issues with my 3racing cf chassis and servo staying center. I give up to the servo shifting slightly during the run...But when I servo taped it down it made the servo arm bind. I have not done so yet but I am guessing that a little 3m double sided tape should be the trick as it will not raise it up high enough to bind. Also as far as the body I am back to good ol body clips.

Im ready to see the video!!!

yeah, body clips are out of the question since i have the buggy body on the truck mounting towers, plus, with the lights, and the spektrum Rx, i can't put the body down far enough to even get the mounting post to pop through the body. i will have to get creative with velcro i guess.

as for the steering: i am going to try to take it apart for the third time, recenter the serve, re adjust the Tx, and see if that helps. it is really weird tho, since nothing changed on the servo or Tx when i went from stock to graphite chassis.

as for the vids, i am trying to find a decent enough camera to use that will actually be able to see the darn thing. in fact, the lights are helping, but i may get another body and paint it yellow because no matter what it is hard to see once you hit full throttle.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Desert RC

Yea I have had mine apart like three times as well, But I am pretty sure the culprit is that the servo is not as tight in the new chassis as the stock...and just that little bit of slop movement when you jar it hard enough is making us having to keep meesing with our trims. I saw PhilT Vid where he used servo tape to hold his servo in place but the servo is not stock. Our stock ones seem to bind if its even a little higher. But double sided tape should do the trick if sticky enough and it would raise the servo any more than stock I am assuming...I keep forgettinng to grab some, I have used 3M automotive tape with good results just because its stickier.

I wonder why this is the 1st I have heard of this issue with the CF chassis tho.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:43 AM
mikemcnair

i agree. i will take it out tonight again, recenter it, and 3M tape that mo fo in. that should do the trick.

it is a shame really, since the car is finally running well (thanks to the replacement ESC) and all i wanna do is play with it.

i will see what happens tonight.

oh, and i am stripping the crap outa my dogbones in the rear (CVD's actually, but the "dogbone end" has the little nubs on them, and yeah, i am tearing them up)

i am waiting for the steel ones to be back in stock at thetoyz.com , cause i think they will hold up a wee bit better.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Desert RC

Well I finally got around to wiring up one of my new aero-nutz lipos and new BB motor after a proper break in...and it worked out really well for a couple passes. All of sudden about 2 minutes into the run the speed went to about half and then almost immediatly shut off. I have had the esc cut out several times on me in the past so I figured no biggie I would turn it off and on and I would be good to go. I also figured this would do the trick because it was the usual steering but no throttle. But when I turn off and off it starts up again and runs for about 3 seconds and turns off again. When I turn off and on again it does the same 3 second run consecutively over and over and then shuts off again.

Very frustrating....I am guessing its not the new motor. Im thinking the esc is taking a crud on me.

Okay update
Well I hooked up another motor and it ran fine not installed, then I put the BB on and it ran at half speed for a while no problems but as soon as I go full speed it cuts out...it also seems to be heating up quite fast...really fast in my opinion. If I spin the pinion by hand the motor feels really smooth. Way smoother than the stock so I dont think anything is out of place. I am really confused, it has to be the motor because the stock is running fine. Or maybe the BB is supplying load to the esc and its cutting out.

Suggestions??????

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
maxxin2.5

maybe the wrong gearing is causing the motor to overheat and not run efficiently..

and anyways here is my "micro rainbow" project and a few pics of the track..and my antenna mod...
plz comment and ask questions

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17839.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1010894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33297.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1010895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95994.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1010896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65667.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1010897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex68413.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1010898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20256.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1010899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77608.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1010900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67834.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1010901  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd89815.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1010902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64215.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1010903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Md50730.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1010904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pr24154.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1010905  
Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Figit090

try running without your electronics cover i suppose? I dont know if it has a heat cut-off, but if that's what's causing your problems then i'd just make efforts to cool the circuit board. run without the body or ESC/RX cover and see if that solves your problem, just be careful with it all exposed like that!

I wouldn't want you to flip it and force yourself to get out the soldering iron, but it will help get some airflow in there and hopefully you'll see a difference.

This is just a guess, if you have a feeling i could be right it would be worth a try, at least you aren't modifying anything. I dont really know enough but it sounds like heat is causing it, maybe the hotter motor is sucking up more juice which creates more heat? kinda like hooking up a bunch of stuff to an extension chord, it gets hot.

(yeah scary huh? never use one long extension chord to power three oil heaters on full blast, namely with the chord still coiled, it WILL get hot....lol)
Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Desert RC

Nice Pics!!
Still troubleshooting. Well when the motor is out of the car it is still cutting out...so that rules out the gearing. At half throttle the motor runs fine but heats up really fast...even too hot to touch. When I spin the pinion by hand everything seems really smooth...nothing out of place, but it must be running hard if it heats up sooo fast. And at full throttle it cuts out almost immediately...not installed. But the stock will run fine all day long when I hook it up. I dont get it. It did run really fast and well for a couple minutes before this problem rose. Maybe the brushes went bad really fast. I dunno, I will call the hobby shop and see if they will send me another replacement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.