Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
gt_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. Well ive been having a lot of fun with my brushless setup after i got a wheelie bar. but now my reverse is just not seeming to work. The car runs great and brakes but only goes into reverse. Which wire is for reverse? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
maxxin2.5

wait are you saying it only goes reverse not forward?
and i have a problem with my mini t frequently that if my trim is up to much it will only go forward but if its back to much it will only o backward but if its right in the middle it goes forward and back fine..
Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
gt_man

no im saying it always runs good in forward and reverse only works every once in a while
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
maxxin2.5

turn down the throttle trim just a TINY bit.. and keep going fdrom there.. if that doesnt work just put it back to where you had it...
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
gokartingbob455

ORIGINAL: maxxin2.5

i use the point of a razor knife ad put it in the tiny spot it the e clip and gently and slowly "pry" it off..
works everytime.. only lost a couple.. hard part is getting them on...
thankyou thankyou
Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
mikemcnair

another way to do it (which ensures that you do not lose them) is to ise a safely pin, and a ziplock bag. place car in ziplock bag, and CLOSE the bag.

then, poke the pin through, and pry the clips off. then, open bag, take out all 4 clips that didn't get lost, and rejoice.

lather, rinse, repeat.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
maxxin2.5

yeah that is a very good way but i cant seen to ever get them back on when they are in the back.. just hard for me..
Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 PM
ballaholyk
My Feedback: (1)

Whats going on guys. I have decided to get rid of my Micro stuff as I am not that big into it anymore and would rather have someone elsetake them and have fun with them.

Both Lipo Batteries are perfect in every way. One has about 3 charges and the other has maybe 10.

I have put barring kits on all 8 Wheels. I have also put on all threaded Axles. On the DT I have also put on a Blue Alloy Heat Sink Motor Plate.

I will also include a brand new set of Venom Alkaline Batteries for the charger that have only charged 2 batteries.

I AM NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING TO PART ANYTHING OUT RIGHT NOW AT THIS TIME.

Here is a list of everything included:
1 - Team Losi Micro-T Desert Truck
1 - Team Losi Micro-T
3 - Standard Battery Chargers
1 - Lipo Battery Charger
2 - Lipo Batteries
4 - Extra Front Tie Rods
6 - Extra Pinion Gears
4 - Extra E-Clips
1 - Extra Set of Crystals
4 - Stock eclip Axles
And a couple other things I may find along the way.

This is an overall great deal for someone that wants to get up and running right out of the gates with a buddy or loved one.

I am looking to get about $150 Plus shipping and paypal fees for it all.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me here or for the fastest way email me at [email protected] (I have my phone on me all day with email)

Old 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
RCMASTER1

well just got my new Xcelorin SC from horizon today, this one doesnt work at all !!,lol! it wont even allow me to setup the transmitter?? i hit setup wait for the green light then nothing after that?? after playing with it like 50 times it took the settings, put it on the ground to run and nothing!! went to try setting up the transmitter again and it just stays steady green, called horizon there sending me ANOTHER SC, 3rd one now bout ready to give up on this thing. guy from horizon was like it must just be a bad one [sm=punching.gif] , so thats 2 badones ive had so far,lol! its not recieveing the signal from the transmitter for some reason, steering works but real jittery
Old 09-05-2008, 08:47 AM
rc18kid

has anyone seen the micro t in the new caraction magazine, it's awsome.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
mikemcnair

nah, post pix if you find them.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 PM
gokartingbob455

ORIGINAL: mikemcnair

another way to do it (which ensures that you do not lose them) is to ise a safely pin, and a ziplock bag. place car in ziplock bag, and CLOSE the bag.

then, poke the pin through, and pry the clips off. then, open bag, take out all 4 clips that didn't get lost, and rejoice.

lather, rinse, repeat.
lol thats a good idea
Old 09-07-2008, 05:23 PM
RCMASTER1

decided to sell mine, i will have a brand new SC tomorrow from horizon so im not installing and will leave it new in the package, the rest of the truck is back to stock rite now, you get evrything you see in the pics for $175 shipped!! just looking for enough $$ to get the mini rock crawler, my loss your gaing, all this stuff is about a month old if that, have all boxes, packages and receipts. PM me if interested, losi 8k brushless setup, 2 SC's, 1 new, 1 couple days old but not working, losi lipo battery and stock battery, conversion kit to run stock transmitter, threaded axles and full wheel bearing kit, this thing has been ran a handful of times and indoors its all like brand new, will also throw in all extra parts i have to it.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 AM
markusd

Hey Micro T fans!

I have seen this in others posts, but am not in the mood to look through 165 pages worth. My micro will only get a signal from the transmitter when I am no more than 5 feet away. After that it loses signal and does nothing.

It is completely stock except for the Losi Lipo battery.

I have replaced the transmitter batteries with new ones.

I HAVE NOT taken apart the ESC to see if the antenna seperated from the board. I wanted to get some suggestions before screwing anything up.

Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Mark
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
gokartingbob455

did you pull that antenna up? lol
Old 09-11-2008, 03:32 PM
markusd

I am unsure what you mean by pull the antenna up... If you are saying "is the antenna sticking up out of the plastic truck body", then yes.

I have ran the truck probably 10 times and it has worked great... it would run all the way down to the end of the block where I could barely see it and then back.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
LBRC

Usually caused by the antenna wire braking inside the insulation where it pokes through out of the chassis circuit board cover. Check for a kink in the insulation.

Inside the antenna are 7 straight strands of copper wire surrounding a braded copper strand with a thread core. Once the 7 strands break due to rolling, storage, or inconsiderate types who pick RC cars and cats up by their tails, the signal strength will weaken, then when the braided section finally breaks it will become intermittent, and eventually when the insulation stretches and the piece pull away from each other the car will be left with a 20 to 40 foot range. But thanks to that threaded core however the break will barely be noticeable.

Fortunately like the steering links the fix is simplicity itself, no soldering necessary, almost as if Team Losi had planed for the eventuality. Simply cut the bad antenna off, with a pair of scissors, nail cutters, or any other sharp object you happen to have laying around, of course purists can use small wire cutters or a soldering iron if they feel the need.

Then make yourself a new antenna out of cat-5 wire, any old Xmod, Epoch, or Mini-Z antenna. Creativity is allowed; for example if you made your replacement steering links out of a guitar pick it would only be right to make the antenna out of a metal string.

Here’s one made from an old Epoch antenna, and another out of the data cable that use to go to … well that doesn’t really matter does it? The point is that it’s easy to find a suitable piece of wire. Softer more bendable wire will easily make a tight loop for the small screw, stiffer wire like the Epoch antenna may need a small washer to hold it securely.

Then use the screw to the right side of the old antenna hole to screw it onto the exposed bare copper pad, and you’re done.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:30 PM
gokartingbob455

ORIGINAL: markusd

I am unsure what you mean by pull the antenna up... If you are saying "is the antenna sticking up out of the plastic truck body", then yes.

I have ran the truck probably 10 times and it has worked great... it would run all the way down to the end of the block where I could barely see it and then back.
no i meant your radio antenna.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Desert RC

I know its simple but you ran the truck like 10 time you may have just ran down the stock batteries that they gave you...if you are still running them they dont last all that long. I had the same issue once and it took me a bit to figure it out just b/c they dump soquickly that it threw me off.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:39 AM
markusd

Thanks everyone for their posts!!

LBRC, I think you are right on the money. I took the T apart last night and "adjusted" (wiggled around) the antenna and it worked fine again. I am assuming that the wires have began to break inside the rubber sheath and that is what was causing the degregation in signal.

I wiill take the advice and replace the antenna if it happens again!

Thanks again all!

MC
Old 09-14-2008, 06:22 AM
RCMASTER1

i just got now a new recv'r and 2 new SC from horizon for the brushless kit in the baja, i still cannot get the transmitter to setup with the SC?? all this stuff is new, have tried 2 new SC so i know it cannot be the SC, only thing i can think now is the crystal?? is that possible?? last time i pulled it it worked with the stock setup?? i cant figure this thing out,loL!! what other possibilities can be going wrong here if i have a new recv'r and 2 new SC and it wont setup with the transmitter??
Old 09-14-2008, 12:00 PM
maxxin2.5

when you say horizon do you mean horizonhobby.com??
well i just got all the brushlesss stuff and i couldnt get it to work so finally after a while the bullet connection on the motor fell off and idk what to do so i was thinking of calling horizon but idk what the number is or the site is.. thanks

also do you guys think they will honor my situation and send me a new motor..
Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
RCMASTER1

HORIZON HOBBY there # is 18775040233 they make these things i guess , the brushless kits for these micros are a JOKE!! better off just running a lipo in the stock setup, plenty fast!! i just packaged up 2 SC, 2 RECV's and the 8k motor and the 3 wire servo and am sending it back to them, dont want anymore either. they can refund me or send me a new truck completely cause the brushless stuff cost more then the truck did.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:28 PM
maxxin2.5

thanks a lot..
haha turns out they arent open today..
ill call them tomarrow..
Old 09-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Figit090

wow so the brushless setups really aren't great for some eh? cans falling apart, bad SC's.... sheesh.

I'm planning to get a lipo and the new BBII motor once i have some extra cash to spend. i can't wait! the stock battery setup is just LAME and seems like a totally ploy to get more money. oh well. it was allright for the 15 some times i actualy used the thing.

I want to drive my MICRO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.