Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 PM
ILoveMinis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my micro t should be here ANY minuete now. im excited but nervous. i hope theres no problems i found that i have an old e-tec lipo pac like the pic above
yay!

well ill keep you posted on how mines doin
Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
jfritz001

that etec pack is a little big, so I did end up taking my dremmel out and hollowing out the cavity a bit...
It was by no means a major undertaking,,, just a little grinding here and there....
I will see if I can get some pics on here today
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 PM
dashwarts

I just got a Micro-T and drove it around a good size room popping wheelies
Well worth the 80 bucks for a basher who can't drive in the rain
I'm wondering if I can use a field battery (A Hobbico Torqmaster LC 7Ah Lead Calcium to be exact) to power the charger... I have a cord that I can attach to the terminals of both the battery and charger, but I'm wondering if the high power of the battery will fry it. The field battery is the right voltage, at 12 volts...
Old 02-03-2007, 03:45 PM
AtomHeartMother

Your field battery will be fine. I connected mine to a 15 volt wall transformer and it did fine. But, with any power source the charger seems to have a very mild peak, which can leave packs a little weak after a charge. Eventually an aftermarket charger might be your best bet.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:48 PM
rrh

Hey AHM, do you still fly SPADs?

I'm having a good time since I discovered cars, too. Still fly my SPADS though
Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM
dashwarts

ORIGINAL: AtomHeartMother

Your field battery will be fine. I connected mine to a 15 volt wall transformer and it did fine. But, with any power source the charger seems to have a very mild peak, which can leave packs a little weak after a charge. Eventually an aftermarket charger might be your best bet.
If I could figure out how many cells are in the pack and get a micro-T connector, maybe I could use my Ionic-D with it...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Mr. Mugen

4 cell stock mirco t pack. 4.8v
Old 02-03-2007, 08:59 PM
ILoveMinis

yay!
its runnin great!
ive had no problems with the tranny or anything.
i didnt "break it in"
as i wasnt sure how.

ya i just saw that it doesnt fit. i can easily dremmel it out. but you gotta let me know how. so that 7.4 volts isnt to much for it?
also, should i put some lithium grease on the gears?
thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 AM
jfritz001

taking back ,
7.4 v has not been a problem for me or others around this site. Ive ran two different packs, thru 3 cycles each thus far, and no issues.
Took out my micro in my work warehouse, nice open space and let it fly. Motor was just warm,, nothing to worry about here...
one thing I did need to do was to cut off one layer of the shrink wrap from the pack.. it helped squeeze into the cavity a little easier...

Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 AM
VTECguy21

How would I wire two single cell 100mah lipos together? Which tab is the positive, one is yellow, one is silver. Whats the voltage cutoff? I dont have a voltage cutoff module, so how do I know when to stop running it. I have a integy indi 16x8v6 charger. So could I run for about 5 minutes and put it back on the charger to see where the voltage is at?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
AtomHeartMother

RRH, yes I still have a spad in my stable. I crashed a few...cannabilized a few... I've got just too much r/c stuff in general... A dozen or so planes, half glow, half electric, 2 micro helis...1/10 Losi MF2,(brushless)....where does it end ?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
dashwarts

Thanks AHM! My charger works really great off of my field battery!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
VTECguy21

Anybody?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 PM
ILoveMinis

VTEC
im not sure about wireing them together.
you can buy a pack for like 20.00 bux.
7.4 volt 2 cell 250 mah. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/etec.htm

you can just chek it every once in a while on your charger.
just get used to the runtime and youll be able to keep it above its cutoff.
i dont like to let my packs go below 11 volts because then you have to start balance charging them to keep em tip top.

o and fritz.
i have the 7.4 250 etec. and even if i remove the covering i still dont see how i can fit it in there
Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
AtomHeartMother

VTECguy21, it's very likely the 100mah lipos won't have the poop for the micro-t. It can draw upwards of 2.5 amps. That's asking alot of a 100mah lipo, even in parallel. Proceed with caution.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
VTECguy21

So, if I wire two 100mah cells together to make a 7.4v 200mah pack that wouldnt be good enough? I bought them from performance hobbies in Belleville Illinois two cells for $10.

The owner of performance hobbies also owns the company apogee batteries. they have a web site performancehobbiesinc.com
Old 02-04-2007, 06:28 PM
clutchbob

So, if I wire two 100mah cells together to make a 7.4v 200mah pack that wouldnt be good enough?
No, you cannot get a 7.4V 200mah pack by wiring two 3.7V 100mah packs.
If you wire them in parallel, you'll have a 3.7volt 200 mAH pack. If wired in series, you would have a 7.4Volt 100mAH pack.
Voltage is additive in series, current is additive in parallel.
You should get an inexpensive multimeter to measure your cells, this would have indicated your polarities.
I don't know the "C" value of the cells you plan on using, but AtomHeartMother is right. The cells you use must be capable of delivering the current draw of your motor.
If you build a LiPo pack make sure the cells are balanced. If you don't have a balancer, just fully charge each cell before you construct them. Do not short cells, use good solder technique.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:38 PM
jfritz001

taking back,

here is a pic, unfortunately I left my camera at work,,, the only thing i have here is my phone camera which sux....
anyway , hopefully you can see what i did to make it drop in. I will get some more pics this week. I purchased some aluminum front end parts. suspension arm mount, C- hubs & Knuckles .. since I replaced the steering links with zip ties, I have broken two front end knuckles in two days.... The zip tie mod is tough , but I do believe that they are not very forgiving on the other parts....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57409.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	613863  
Old 02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
ILoveMinis

cool thnks
its kinda hard to see but i think i get an understanding.
also

im having a range problem with mine. i opened it up and cheked the antenna. theres nothing wrong with it.
i might just buy one of those short ones that give you even more range than a long one. i think ecubed rc makes em.
well thanks for the help
Old 02-05-2007, 02:14 AM
AtomHeartMother

ILoveMinis, let us know how that works out. The Azzar antennas would be perfect for this set up.
All good advice from ClutchBob...Vtecguy, remember too that a 200mah 3.7v parallel pack will only peak at around 4.2 volts. Under load you'll be looking at ~3.9volts at best. You'll see much lower speeds with the micro at that voltage. I have read that this has been done successfully if you switch to the largest pinion, but speeds will still be lower. I think the person that tried it was looking for longer run times and quicker accelleration on a tight course. I think this would be the only application where a 3.7v parallel pack would be handy.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:16 AM
VTECguy21

Thank you for all the help guys. I ended up ordering the 2cell 250mah from hobby lobby. about my other cells though, I'm a little confused about the amp draw. Are you saying that the truck needs at least 2.5 amps to run and my 7.4v 100mah pack wont work? what would happen if I tried it. Would it blow the battery? On the mutimeter if you have the polarities crossed will there be a negative symbol in front of the voltage reading? I do it one way and theres no negative symbol. I switch the positive and negative and I get the negative symbol. I am getting a reading of 3.91 volts on both cells, so do I need to balance them or anything? Thanks again in advance, you guys know your stuff.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 AM
AtomHeartMother

Yes, your multimeter will show the proper polarity, so if the leads are reversed you'll see a neg. polarity sign.
If they both show the same voltage...no need to balance.
Yes, it's been reported the truck can draw up to 2.5amps....so the cells should be capable of that. A 100mah 7.4v pack would have to be over C20 rated(20 times capacity) to handle the current draw. I don't know of any 100mah lipos on the market that are truly C20 capable.
Most likely the cells would puff up, voltage would sag....worst case scenario the pack could ignite.
The 250mah pack from HL should be ok. Be ready for a nice increase in speed and run time. If you want even longer run times, you could go with the smaller pinion on the motor. I think it'd still be faster than stock and give real good run times and speed. Good luck...let us know how it goes !
Be very careful with your loose cells. If you dead short them...even for a second..the packs will be toast...and again they could ignite. Tape one tab on both cells prior to assembly to avoid any accidents...also if you store them...tape the tabs with electrical tape to avoid shorts.....
Old 02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
VTECguy21

Thanks atomheartmother, I think I'll just wait for the 250mah to come and not even mess with the 100mah. I don't want to ignite anything. They were only 10 bucks so I'm not out that much money.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my Micro-T. It has a Hitec HS-55 servo, Xtra 14amp ESC, the receiver is out of my 09, powered by a 2s 250mah lipo, threaded wheel shafts, Xmod EVO truck series springs and running the stock motor. Run times are over 30mins, even after 30mins of running it will still wheelie at full throttle.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
venomoussvt

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Here is my Micro-T. It has a Hitec HS-55 servo, Xtra 14amp ESC, the receiver is out of my 09, powered by a 2s 250mah lipo, threaded wheel shafts, Xmod EVO truck series springs and running the stock motor. Run times are over 30mins, even after 30mins of running it will still wheelie at full throttle.
where did you get threaded wheel shafts? I havent been able to find anyone stocking them yet.

I want to upgrade wheel shafts and the arm mounts first. Then I will be looking into a lipo and maybe even brushless

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.